First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hey, identifying with others isn't all peaches and roses, ya know, it has its drawbacks
    Exactly, in the quest to be unique we find we fit in with a ton of other people. It's comforting but frustrating when you see those "other people" acting really weird. It also takes away some of our NF uniqueness! We need to be unique, dang it!

I found out I work with an ENFP, I tried to convince her she was ENFJ (she typed enfp on an online test), I even had people tell me there was no WAY we were the same personality type. I later realized I was just being selfish with my type (after she typed enfp on another online test I had to admit it to myself), she thinks the same way as me and has the same struggles, even if we don't manifest it the same way. We've also matured in different ways and have had very different lives which highlighted different strengths in our personality.

I think that many people can probably fit a few types fairly well, not all of our preferences are 100%. I think "x" is an appropriate way of dealing with fitting two types or needing uniqueness.

brainheart

Shit, does this cancel out all that the ISFPs said about me being an ISFP in my 'ISFP or INFP' thread?

brainheart

^^ This was an attempt at a joke, by the way.

I'm wondering, do you think INFPs get offended more easily than ISFPs? Because it takes a fair amount to offend me.

Just thinking.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think that too many of the people in the "what's my type?" threads get typed as NFs, especially INFP.

I'm actually not surprised to see some so-called INFPs backtracking and considering another type later on. I think they weren't INFP to begin with. People toss that tag on any quiet person who likes to read sometimes and isn't sure about their type.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    ^^ This was an attempt at a joke, by the way.

I'm wondering, do you think INFPs get offended more easily than ISFPs? Because it takes a fair amount to offend me.

Just thinking.
    No, I don't so. I think it depends on the individual. I'm inconsistent, as in, what people think might offend me doesn't much at all, and what they wouldn't imagine would set me off does. My ISFP step-dad seems pretty volatile over weird things also.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That is so true and I wish I knew it earlier. But I wouldn't say we enjoy it so much, it's been pretty frustrating for me to never be able to settle with one option.

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    Yeah, I believe it's more of an NFP thing. I think they do it with other people, as well. My ENFP sister constantly changes her mind about what types she thinks everyone is. The other day she made the claim that my ESFJ mother was an ENFP... when before that it was an INFJ... and ENFJ... and ISFJ I guess it's just their Ne seeing all those possibilities :P
    That does happen, although with other people it's a bit different for me. I'm either undecided and considering several options, or I've reached a conclusion and when I did I tend to stick with it. It's determining my own type that was the most difficult. I would alternate between being quite certain, having doubts, and changing opinion again and again. It was a vicious circle and it has been going on for several years

So don't get annoyed with us, sympathize with us, we can't help it

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I simply initially thought I was an INFP because of my need for solitude and my need to recharge. However, after further research I realized that I'm actually an ENFP. Not that huge of a difference.

Don't include Little Linguist's recent thread in this, either ... I don't think she's a real NF.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Meh.
    Zuh.

General statement directed at...
    Huh?

Never mind.
    I never do!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I kind of knew you would say that...
    OMG YOU PSYCHIC INFJs

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Shit, does this cancel out all that the ISFPs said about me being an ISFP in my 'ISFP or INFP' thread?
    I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenihita View Post
    So don't get annoyed with us, sympathize with us, we can't help it
    Absolutely. I do, and I try to take you guys to movies and restaurants and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Don't include Little Linguist's recent thread in this, either ... I don't think she's a real NF.
    OH SNAP. You gonna take that, Linguist?

Linguist has been very open on this forum, and in Vent, I appreciate her putting so much of herself out for others to chew on. From my observations, the one thing I'm certain of is that she is NF. The sub-type is a little less certain, but it doesn't really matter does it?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think that too many of the people in the "what's my type?" threads get typed as NFs, especially INFP.

I'm actually not surprised to see some so-called INFPs backtracking and considering another type later on. I think they weren't INFP to begin with. People toss that tag on any quiet person who likes to read sometimes and isn't sure about their type.
    Yeah, I love the "reading= infp" thing. How about "do you like poetry" for an INFP test. (whoever I recently heard say that, don't get mad at me, I don't remember who you were)

Anyone broken gets tagged INFP, too, don't forget that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I thought I was INTP at first, but that's just because I was uneducated.

Once I figured out I was a NerF though, I was all set. I've never felt a need since then to re-evaluate.

So, yeah, just some initial confusion.

I may not be able to make simple, daily decisions, or figure out my life, but I figured out my MBTI type.