MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    True.

Especially when they're going for the whole romantic, writing poems thing and I'm sitting there going....
    My problem is when I'm trying to be the strong one to lean on and I end up comming off as cold to them. Shit like that really hurts my Fi.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    My problem is when I'm trying to be the strong one to lean on and I end up comming off as cold to them. Shit like that really hurts my Fi.
    That's a shame. My INFP friends have never been anything but understanding to me when I'm feeling like I need someone to lean on. I may do a lot more of the being leaned on but they've never not been there for me and I've never ever felt that they were cold.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I love my INFPs. Cuddly and steely at the same time.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I agree that it is difficult to near impossible to hate a random ENFJ. The ENF's have the most charisma of any type.

I did have an ENFJ (he took the test) that I admired toy with my emotions to the point that I needed counseling. He used people on a regular basis, and even though I spent many hours analyzing why, I can't condone it. I will say that his skill at emotional communication was as gifted as I have ever seen in a human being. I need to feel angry at him for what he put me through, but I struggle with that. He refused to see the deeper level of what was going on and forced everything into the context to fit his agenda. He could have been the source of greater damage to myself if I hadn't found some way to create the boundaries. Even with that he is a remarkable person in other ways. He has much to offer the world, but I will be keeping my distance forever.

I don't think all ENFJs are like that, but they do tend to be effective in working with emotional dynamics to get the end result they are working towards moreso than other types.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

He manipulated you. What a rotten mean thing to do

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

To be honest, I'm slightly wary of the fact that all EN's are skilled manipulators in one way or another. They are absolutely better at it than IN's, IS's and ES's.
    It makes me a bit paranoid.

I've had much too little experience with ENFJs specifically to comment on the main topic, though.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ENFJs are always right... even when they aren't. They also can do odd things like insist that there are deep meanings in the lyrics to Metallica songs and calling me an evil cold hearted bitch for not crying at movies when I know how they end because they're based on a true story that everyone should know. ENFJs know the answers to everything... even when they don't. They also sometimes do horrible and odd things like listen to the same song or watch the same movie over and over and over and make a poor ISTP want to kill them!

These are things that all 3 ENFJs I know do rather consistantly!
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ENFJs are always right... even when they aren't.
    That's also right. heh. *sits back and shines fingernails* J/K!! (Though I'm positive my sister would agree.)

My ISTP best friend showed me how to lighten up. I miss him *goes for the phone*

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    He manipulated you. What a rotten mean thing to do
    He was much older and outranked me in experience, skill, and status.

I think the positive spin on that skill is that ENFJs can inspire people. If they expect or desire the best from people, others tend to work to live up to those ideals and are better for it. Sometimes the world needs a little boost. That is why the ENFJ is called the pedagogue. They make uniquely inspiring mentors and teachers because of their ideals combined with their communication skills.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    Infx

Toonia, I can relate a bit.

I know someone I believe to be an ENFx who definitely can be self-righteous and manipulative when he wants to be. I don't know how much he manipulated me... but it was certainly frustrating to know how much he twisted the situation to get what he wanted out of me, and then back out and start acting like a different person. (I say it's not manipulation because of how much I DID fight him on it for months, and treated him pretty terrible in the process.. how could I really expect him to feel the same once I finally came around?) It's the worst.. I've seen him do this a couple more times, and the problem lies in the fact that he DOES mean what he says... at the time. I think the "x" in his type comes more from a struggle between the two rather than a balance.. The J likes the girl, and then the P kicks in with it's paranoia (especially since he got used really badly before)..X.x And yeah.. he REFUSED to listen to anything from my perspective and shoved the entire situation into his guilt complex and self-depreciating schemas. ><

And everytime he comes up with some hare-brained idea (that usually does revolve around ending a problem) and I ask him why his way is any better than anyone else's I get a simple. "Because I'm right!"

Sounds like an ENFJ gone wrong can REALLY dig into the nerves of us understanding INFJs..
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.