• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF Comedians

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why has nobody mentioned Holly Golightly? :steam:

:cheese:

Okay I'm not a comedian. I'm just depriving a village somewhere of a perfectly good idiot ;)
I actually can't think of any INFJ comedians. I can't think of plenty of ENFP ones...but not INFJ :(
I heard Russell Brand is INFJ, but I have a hard time believing that...;P

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
well it's pretty much a proven fact that there's only three funny types:
entp, entj, and intj in that order. nfjs can be charming funny, like oh look what i did i'm so smart. in pure banter tho, all Ns can produce.

Aw, why are INTps the only NT not to make the cut?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
ENFPs care too much. They can't detach themselves from the things that are poignant enough to be wildly hilarious. Take Dave Chappelle, for example. INFP to the bone. Is about as funny about racism as anyone... because he's an introvert and can detach from the fact that it hurts him so damn much. An ENFP would be out in the streets doing something about it, not cracking jokes.

Te wanting to fix things vs. Si noticing patterns.

So not true...

And I hope Paul Mooney isn't one of us. I dont like that guy. He's not funny.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
So not true...

And I hope Paul Mooney isn't one of us. I dont like that guy. He's not funny.

I keep telling people that. I think the deal with Paul Mooney is he's a great collaborator (like on the Richard Pryor show) but his stand up/schtick is so raw it rubs people the wrong way.

ENFPs care too much. They can't detach themselves from the things that are poignant enough to be wildly hilarious. Take Dave Chappelle, for example. INFP to the bone. Is about as funny about racism as anyone... because he's an introvert and can detach from the fact that it hurts him so damn much. An ENFP would be out in the streets doing something about it, not cracking jokes.

There's no way Dave Chappelle is an I. Just no way. He might be a moderate E but he's not an I. How does I cause detachment, if anything E would aid in that? Putting it WAAAAAAY out there (like Betty White) is an E thing all the way.
Noticing patterns; Ne causing "intuition".

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't know if you've noticed, but he put it waaaaay back in, too... Who else but an I would turn down a 5 million dollar contract and instead quit and go to Africa?

What about Louis CK?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I keep telling people that. I think the deal with Paul Mooney is he's a great collaborator (like on the Richard Pryor show) but his stand up/schtick is so raw it rubs people the wrong way.

And he almost sounds preachy....about comedy. He's an idea guy, not a jokesmen.

There's no way Dave Chappelle is an I. Just no way. He might be a moderate E but he's not an I. How does I cause detachment, if anything E would aid in that? Putting it WAAAAAAY out there (like Betty White) is an E thing all the way.
Noticing patterns; Ne causing "intuition".

Gotta agree. I isn't about detachments, its just how people are energized. I'm energized by people. Introverts are energized moreso by being alone. As we can tell by how social his comedy is, and the way he gets his point across - it is very extrovert.

Don't know if you've noticed, but he put it waaaaay back in, too... Who else but an I would turn down a 5 million dollar contract and instead quit and go to Africa?

What about Louis CK?

That was actually like..35 million, and if it went against the person's morals and values, honestly anybody would/could, and most NFs would definately second-guess themselves. Matter fact, under the circumstances I heard from his interviews, I probably would've turned it down myself. Money just isn't that important to celebrities with integrity, but money comes...money goes - and it means even much less for the idealist types. There is so much pointing to a humanitarian sterotype ENFPs are. His jokes are ultimately rooted in showing equality amongst races, by exploring bigotry in a socially, humorous way. He did a block party to uplift an impoverished community, while making a congolemorate of his favorite artist. In all his interviews, everything about his behavior and mannerism just sorta...screams ENFP.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP

What about Louis CK?

Maybe he felt the new direction of his show was inauthentic. That kind of thing can run an ENFP away fast. Maybe he felt his vision was no longer "his", his message was being lost and he was losing control of his dream. When all that happens, what's the point?

I don't see how hiding for a bit makes you I automatically because there are other factors for leaving/hiding/running. It's not like E's never lie under the radar. He didn't drop it because he didn't like being infront of people, he dropped it because it was changed. It was a lot of money but it wasn't "him" anymore. That type of decision screams NF or anything other than "logical".
Sort of like a guy I know of giving up a $300,000 contract in a profession where guaranteed money is rare because he felt he wasn't being allowed to express himself freely. These are things that lack "logic" so badly there is a bit of shame involved in making them infront of an NT world.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know what Bill Hicks was, but the "People Who Hate People" club doesn't sound ENFP to me.

Maybe he was one of those disillusioned ones?

I know ENFP and INFP share the same thing; DISLIKING PEOPLE! BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL SO GOD DAMNED UPTIGHT AND BUSY WITH YOUR NORMS AND JUDGING AND ARRRR *TEAR MY FUCKING HAIR OUT* !

So anyway... Now that I'm done writing stuff in Caps Lock... Myeah, it's possible that Bill Hicks was of an NF type, same with George Carlin. But I don't know, because I don't know them in person. They're dead. And they haven't done any MBTI tests as far as I know.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I did a search and found another thread on a forum that focused on type and comedians: Typing Comedians [Archive] - ENTP - The Inventors It lists quite a few types with thoughts.

I thought that was interesting. (Not sure if those are correct typings however.) In my spare time, I've been working on a stand-up monologue. What I've found is that I tell stories to create situations that are humorous, and weave "jokes" into the story, rather than having a traditional setup/punchline delivery...

Same here. I prefer story type jokes rather than the trad "Why did the chicken cross the road?" question and answer joke.

And I can definantly see Woody Allen as INFP. He and I seem to share the same black sense of humor.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doesn't anybody know any INFP around, or at least an INF_?
I know that entertainment isn't exactly made for introverts - but there has to be at least someone. Maybe a comedic writer?
I think quite a few are INFJ. Not that there aren't plenty of INFP's too, I just don't notice them as much.
Believe it or not, when an ESFJ is not being portrayed as stereotypically overbearing, (especially when they're younger) I find that they are often mistyped as ENFP. But generally, SJs are not funny at all so therefore Bill Cosby is not an SJ.

Y'know the intuition is so powerful that it's like cognitive transubstantiation. You will have eternal life. :)
I think they are funny when they feel like it, but their humor is usually terribly straightforward and predictable, and they like to repeat the same joke over and over. In general. I think plenty of comedians are SJ's. Any Schumer strikes me as ESTJ and some of the women on Golden Girls seem like ESFJ or ESTJ.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Dave Chapelle always seemed INTP to me.

Edit:
Also I think Steve Martin is ENFJ.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
MANY ENFPs! ENFPs are THE comedic NF type.

George Carlin - ENFP
Tracey Ullman - ENFP
The late, great Gildna Radner - ENFP (Gene Wilder is an INFJ, btw)
Eddie Murphy - ENFP
Sasha Baron Cohen - ENFP
Russell Brand - ENFP
Dana Carvey - ENFP
Mike Myers - ENFP
The late, great Bill Hicks - ENFP (and a fave): YouTube - Bill Hicks - JFK
And so on...

Of course there are many others...Phil Hartman was an ENFJ and an amazing talent: YouTube - Phil Hartman, Alcatraz Tour Guide

I always thought Bill Hicks was INTP

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really don't want to imagine Williams being an NF. I find him incredibly annoying and I don't see that idealism in him. Kaufman, meanwhile, quite endearing.

:) He's actually ESFJ.

Robin Williams was an ENFP there's no doubt about it. Just watch Mork and Mindy. Also from personal experience most of the characters I like or are drawn to are ExFP's and he couldn't be an Se Dom. Besides read some of his quotes:

I basically started performing for my mother, going, 'Love me!' What drives you to perform is the need for that primal connection. When I was little, my mother was funny with me, and I started to be charming and funny for her, and I learned that by being entertaining, you make a connection with another person.

I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.

No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.

ENFP's want that connection with other people and want to do things to better the world.