Thread: NF Comedians

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Why has nobody mentioned Holly Golightly? :steam:

Okay I'm not a comedian. I'm just depriving a village somewhere of a perfectly good idiot
    I actually can't think of any INFJ comedians. I can't think of plenty of ENFP ones...but not INFJ
    I heard Russell Brand is INFJ, but I have a hard time believing that...;P
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    well it's pretty much a proven fact that there's only three funny types:
    entp, entj, and intj in that order. nfjs can be charming funny, like oh look what i did i'm so smart. in pure banter tho, all Ns can produce.
    Aw, why are INTps the only NT not to make the cut?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    ENFPs care too much. They can't detach themselves from the things that are poignant enough to be wildly hilarious. Take Dave Chappelle, for example. INFP to the bone. Is about as funny about racism as anyone... because he's an introvert and can detach from the fact that it hurts him so damn much. An ENFP would be out in the streets doing something about it, not cracking jokes.

Te wanting to fix things vs. Si noticing patterns.
    So not true...

And I hope Paul Mooney isn't one of us. I dont like that guy. He's not funny.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    So not true...

And I hope Paul Mooney isn't one of us. I dont like that guy. He's not funny.
    I keep telling people that. I think the deal with Paul Mooney is he's a great collaborator (like on the Richard Pryor show) but his stand up/schtick is so raw it rubs people the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    ENFPs care too much. They can't detach themselves from the things that are poignant enough to be wildly hilarious. Take Dave Chappelle, for example. INFP to the bone. Is about as funny about racism as anyone... because he's an introvert and can detach from the fact that it hurts him so damn much. An ENFP would be out in the streets doing something about it, not cracking jokes.

Te wanting to fix things vs. Si noticing patterns.
    There's no way Dave Chappelle is an I. Just no way. He might be a moderate E but he's not an I. How does I cause detachment, if anything E would aid in that? Putting it WAAAAAAY out there (like Betty White) is an E thing all the way.
    Noticing patterns; Ne causing "intuition".
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Don't know if you've noticed, but he put it waaaaay back in, too... Who else but an I would turn down a 5 million dollar contract and instead quit and go to Africa?

What about Louis CK?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I keep telling people that. I think the deal with Paul Mooney is he's a great collaborator (like on the Richard Pryor show) but his stand up/schtick is so raw it rubs people the wrong way.
    And he almost sounds preachy....about comedy. He's an idea guy, not a jokesmen.

There's no way Dave Chappelle is an I. Just no way. He might be a moderate E but he's not an I. How does I cause detachment, if anything E would aid in that? Putting it WAAAAAAY out there (like Betty White) is an E thing all the way.
    Noticing patterns; Ne causing "intuition".
    Gotta agree. I isn't about detachments, its just how people are energized. I'm energized by people. Introverts are energized moreso by being alone. As we can tell by how social his comedy is, and the way he gets his point across - it is very extrovert.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Don't know if you've noticed, but he put it waaaaay back in, too... Who else but an I would turn down a 5 million dollar contract and instead quit and go to Africa?

What about Louis CK?
    That was actually like..35 million, and if it went against the person's morals and values, honestly anybody would/could, and most NFs would definately second-guess themselves. Matter fact, under the circumstances I heard from his interviews, I probably would've turned it down myself. Money just isn't that important to celebrities with integrity, but money comes...money goes - and it means even much less for the idealist types. There is so much pointing to a humanitarian sterotype ENFPs are. His jokes are ultimately rooted in showing equality amongst races, by exploring bigotry in a socially, humorous way. He did a block party to uplift an impoverished community, while making a congolemorate of his favorite artist. In all his interviews, everything about his behavior and mannerism just sorta...screams ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post

What about Louis CK?
    Maybe he felt the new direction of his show was inauthentic. That kind of thing can run an ENFP away fast. Maybe he felt his vision was no longer "his", his message was being lost and he was losing control of his dream. When all that happens, what's the point?

I don't see how hiding for a bit makes you I automatically because there are other factors for leaving/hiding/running. It's not like E's never lie under the radar. He didn't drop it because he didn't like being infront of people, he dropped it because it was changed. It was a lot of money but it wasn't "him" anymore. That type of decision screams NF or anything other than "logical".
    Sort of like a guy I know of giving up a $300,000 contract in a profession where guaranteed money is rare because he felt he wasn't being allowed to express himself freely. These are things that lack "logic" so badly there is a bit of shame involved in making them infront of an NT world.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    I really don't want to imagine Williams being an NF. I find him incredibly annoying and I don't see that idealism in him. Kaufman, meanwhile, quite endearing.
    He's actually ESFJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I don't know what Bill Hicks was, but the "People Who Hate People" club doesn't sound ENFP to me.

Maybe he was one of those disillusioned ones?
    I know ENFP and INFP share the same thing; DISLIKING PEOPLE! BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL SO GOD DAMNED UPTIGHT AND BUSY WITH YOUR NORMS AND JUDGING AND ARRRR *TEAR MY FUCKING HAIR OUT* !

So anyway... Now that I'm done writing stuff in Caps Lock... Myeah, it's possible that Bill Hicks was of an NF type, same with George Carlin. But I don't know, because I don't know them in person. They're dead. And they haven't done any MBTI tests as far as I know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    I did a search and found another thread on a forum that focused on type and comedians: Typing Comedians [Archive] - ENTP - The Inventors It lists quite a few types with thoughts.

I thought that was interesting. (Not sure if those are correct typings however.) In my spare time, I've been working on a stand-up monologue. What I've found is that I tell stories to create situations that are humorous, and weave "jokes" into the story, rather than having a traditional setup/punchline delivery...
    Same here. I prefer story type jokes rather than the trad "Why did the chicken cross the road?" question and answer joke.

And I can definantly see Woody Allen as INFP. He and I seem to share the same black sense of humor.