Thread: NF Comedians

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Believe it or not, when an ESFJ is not being portrayed as stereotypically overbearing, (especially when they're younger) I find that they are often mistyped as ENFP. But generally, SJs are not funny at all so therefore Bill Cosby is not an SJ.
    I was just thinking that. But I don't find it hard to believe he is an ESFJ at all. Don't underestimate the power of Fe->Ne, trying to lighten up the atmosphere and uplift spirits, coupled with Si sharp observations about life. "The Cosby Show," a show about the ups and downs and ins and outs of family life? Come on...this is one of those rare typings where I think it should be obvious to everyone.

Eddie Murphy is ESFJ too, I believe. Certainly not a P type, from what I've seen of him outside of his comedy.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Believe it or not, when an ESFJ is not being portrayed as stereotypically overbearing, (especially when they're younger) I find that they are often mistyped as ENFP.
    True, I used to be caught between ESFJ and ENFP for my sister, because she showed a lot of Ne. She had to compete for attention, which might be why she relied on her tertiary more. She came out as quite a clear ESFJ on the Humanmetrics test though and she's developed her Si by now. I don't know who Bill Crosby is, but my sister notices every little idiosyncrasy and habit in everyone, makes them funny and is a really good mimic.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    George Carlin is ENTP personified! I should think Russell Brand is, too. ENTPs tend to be more analytical and insensitive, and less forgiving or sympathetic than ENFPs.
    What makes you think that of Russell Brand? Have you ever heard of an ENTP emo kid? He was probably the original emo and wouldn't be ashamed to admit it.

The media have vastly misrepresented his persona and attitudes I think. I've seen, read and listened to his work for years and I could sooner see Gordon Brown as an ESFP than I could see Brand as any kind of T.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    infp's can't be funny. Also, when people boo us we become alcoholics.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know what Bill Hicks was, but the "People Who Hate People" club doesn't sound ENFP to me.

Maybe he was one of those disillusioned ones?
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

But generally, SJs are not funny at all so therefore Bill Cosby is not an SJ.
    Hurrah for poor reasoning!

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    What makes you think that of Russell Brand? Have you ever heard of an ENTP emo kid? He was probably the original emo and wouldn't be ashamed to admit it.
    Actually, now that you mention it, I have to agree with you. I instinctively found his mannerisms and style of talking to be very xNxP-ish, and hadn't thought it through. NT arrogance on my part. Apologies for trying to steal one of your heroes, he's just too awesome to resist. ^_^"

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Doesn't anybody know any INFP around, or at least an INF_?
    I know that entertainment isn't exactly made for introverts - but there has to be at least someone. Maybe a comedic writer?

Jerry Seinfeld is supposed to be INFJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Doesn't anybody know any INFP around, or at least an INF_?
    I know that entertainment isn't exactly made for introverts - but there has to be at least someone. Maybe a comedic writer?

Of course there's someone, most likely several someones. We don't know any of these people's types, because we don't know them.

Even if we knew them, we could get it wrong ... just look at those threads about people being consistently mistyped by their friends.

Even if they took the test themselves, they could mistype ... look at the number of people who change their type every other week.

Celebrity type-guessing is sport.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Don't think that being a comedian automatically correlates Extroversion, because if you are doing that then you don't understand Introversion and Extroversion. It's usually more natural for Extroverts to be more comedian-like however..but they are not directly correlated.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?