12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Default Fe Fi Fo epiphany... (NFs?)

*wafts over from cloud nine*
    jk. Hi guys!

No seriously I had an epiphany last night. One of those deep contemplational moments about life and midnight ramblings with friends. It was so compelling, I had to log back in (after a forum sabbatical) to share with my fellow ENF mates. Tell me how you relate to this!
    • We've kind of mentioned this before, but crazy as an ENF how sometimes we have a natural ability to just read someone (or multiple people) in 5 seconds and feel like you just know them and connect with them. Not just their layer of feelings, but you just understand them as a person and their perspective of life right then (even if you're totally different).
    • Do you ever wish you could just be a giant teddy bear and run up and engulf someone in a big hug of caring warmth? Male friend(s) dealing with issues in life, and where social boundries dictate your actions, you just want to utterly engulf them in human care, make it all better, have them know everything will be alright. Kinda like the connections of the shapeshifter on Star Trek. lol.
    • If I had to be addicted to one thing as those who are addicted to drugs, food, or something... It would be connecting with people on a deep psychological level - A very real understanding and empathizing with them as another personal human being.

No I don't want to be a psychologist. I'm usually not this warm fuzzy and mushy. lol. Miss goal driven ENFJ.

It's just... Can you relate to the incredible experience you get from helping someone... It's like empowering brain pheramones or something you get merely from connecting with people, not any one person in particular, but the connection itself to that person. You connect with people so much, this is why it is so hard to break up with someone, you are so strongly drawn to harmony itself.

Wow this sounds psycho. lol! Thus my post in here with all us crazy NFs.
    Last edited by nynesneg; 11-30-2009 at 02:10 AM.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

30 views.

Oh come on. You know you secretly like it.

3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm Fi user and I don't need incredible experiences from helping someone to reach harmony.
    I feel all that without the need to share meaningful experiences with people.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Well sure, it's not something you *need* at all per say. But do you find helping someone/connecting with them is something that comes very natural to you and is most meaningful?
    3w2

Glycerine

I'm w/ you fellow ENFJ. I always try to remember things for folks to help them out. Oh please... Fi is no excuse for not helping others. My ISFP friend and INFP mother are much more selfless than me in some ways.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    I'm Fi user and I don't need incredible experiences from helping someone to reach harmony.
    I feel all that without the need to share meaningful experiences with people.
    Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Well sure, it's not something you *need* at all per say. But do you find helping someone/connecting with them is something that comes very natural to you and is most meaningful?
    You wrote your OP to ENF's, so I was staying out. I think INF's have tremendous insight into people as well, but I thought you had some special exotic ENF whatever-thingy going on that I don't understand or lack experience with. Depending on what you mean by "knowing all about a person in 5 seconds or less", I either can or can not directly relate from personal experience. Going back to the "ENF thing I don't understand" though, at the same time I know that I don't know ALL of the details about a person in 5 seconds, but I can get a very good top level view. There are always more details to fill in, many of them surprising.

Oh, and in answer to the second quoted message above, yes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

[[*]We've kind of mentioned this before, but crazy as an ENF how sometimes we have a natural ability to just read someone (or multiple people) in 5 seconds and feel like you just know them and connect with them. Not just their layer of feelings, but you just understand them as a person and their perspective of life right then (even if you're totally different)..
    I definitely relate to this.

.[*]Do you ever wish you could just be a giant teddy bear and run up and engulf someone in a big hug of caring warmth? Male friend(s) dealing with issues in life, and where social boundries dictate your actions, you just want to utterly engulf them in human care, make it all better, have them know everything will be alright. Kinda like the connections of the shapeshifter on Star Trek. lol..
    YUCK. I don't relate to this at all! LOL.

.[*]If I had to be addicted to one thing as those who are addicted to drugs, food, or something... It would be connecting with people on a deep psychological level - A very real understanding and empathizing with them as another personal human being..
    Not so much. Maybe a little.

It's just... Can you relate to the incredible experience you get from helping someone... It's like empowering brain pheramones or something you get merely from connecting with people, not any one person in particular, but the connection itself to that person. You connect with people so much, this is why it is so hard to break up with someone, you are so strongly drawn to harmony itself.
    Not so much.

I'm not much of a helper. I'm more concerned with doing my own thing, and if it helps, great.

Not too concerned about harmony either.

I'm more interested in change/transformation, even if it requires conflict.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    STP

I actually recognize this now when I am stressed. I guess its my ENFJ shadow. Se feeds off of Fi. Its our "adrenaline" so to say.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Poki I'd be curious to hear more insight into your comment.

It's interesting. I'm not much of a helper either most of the time, I've just found myself exposed to situations recently which have brought out the Fe in me. I've become more aware of what great enjoyment it gives, such as helping people understand another in specific situations on here on this forum, or just IRL helping friends going through something.

Most of the time if you'd made a comment to me about wanting to be a giant stuffed teddy bear and hug someone, I'd literally ROFL and think you were a complete mushy dork. But my epiphany was in one of those drunken conversations with friends at 2 am, so very real and relaxed.

I posted this on here, because it's remarkably resemblant to the ENFJ description of their drive to connect with other people. I never noticed that in myself before or thought I identified with it.
    3w2

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

are you trying to claim that INF's aren't capable of the following???
    "We've kind of mentioned this before, but crazy as an ENF how sometimes we have a natural ability to just read someone (or multiple people) in 5 seconds and feel like you just know them and connect with them. Not just their layer of feelings, but you just understand them as a person and their perspective of life right then (even if you're totally different)."

Personally a certain amount of me wants to claim that INF's are more capable of the above than ENF's are, I'm not sure though.