User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INfP

Default NFs (INFPS) and xmas presents

Hello again!

For almost all of my life, I've been plagued by an inability to think of things I want for 'special' occasions, be they Birthday's, Christmas or whatever.

Just wondering if this is an NF type thing?

I mean, there are material things that I suppose would be nice to have, like a big new TV, or a ps3 or an iphone etc. But as much as I like the idea of them, I don't really care all that much if I have them or not.
    I mean, sure, I'd like an iphone but meh, I can live without it.

So when people ask me "what do you want?" I can't give them an answer, and if I go away and think about it, I still don't get anywhere because I just keep dismissing anything I think of really.

An occasional person (if they don't know me very well) will say I'm "stingy" because I don't ever buy things. My friends don't think that though, because they've realized that I get way more excited about giving them stuff then I do about buying for myself.

Does anyone share my, umm... specialness...? lol

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I usually just don't want to spend money on anyone.

(mainly because I'm a poor student)

(I'm lazy too)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah....I'm not good with small decisions like this. People ask me what I want and I cannot think of anything, and part of it is over-analyzing. I don't want to suggest something too expensive. I don't want to get so specific that I seem picky or that it's hard to find, or they don't even know what it is. I also don't want to suggest anything I'd rather buy for myself. And the list of worrying goes on...

Luckily, my ISFJ mom has a catalog in her brain of every little thing I ever mention about myself, and she seems to remember things I've said I like or is at least able to recommend stores I'd appreciate a gift certificate from. I also don't expect a lot with presents, so I am not hard to please anyway.

As for giving gifts, I draw blanks there also. I worry too much that a person may already have something or if there's some underlying tone to the gift, or if it's just lame. So I understand why people straight out ask me what I want, because I am not good at figuring it out for them either.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

My issue is that I have expensive tastes. There is no way I'm asking for the things I really want for Christmas. (Laptop, exercise equipment, $3,000 Yamaha keyboard, $1,800 studio speakers, 2010 Camero , etc.)

There isn't all that much cheap stuff that I really want, and if I do want it, I just go out and buy it. So for Christmas, I write down a few music CDs, books, and movies that may have slipped through the cracks.

My family hates me. :p

When it comes to buying gifts for other people, the part I struggle with is remembering to put the brain time into thinking about it before the last minute. I usually come up with some pretty good ideas if I put the thought into it.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I never had many Christmases with lots of presents and/or nice things. So I suppose it translates into not expecting much.

I like blowing money on others, but don't ask me what I want.

I always seem to give good presents too. No one that I know of has ever been disappointed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I never know what I want either. I usually just say things that I need, then. Usually clothes and stuff like that. Sometimes I'll ask for books or music or video games or something. Boring... Not hard to shop for though, I guess. I'm not picky. I can't really think of a "bad" present that I've gotten. Pretty much whatever will make me happy.

I like buying people presents, but it also stresses me out. I worry too much if they'll like it or not. It's also pretty horrible in a time crunch. Like, if someones birthday is a week away and I need to think of something to get them, I can't for the life of me figure anything out. But...when I'm out and about, I'll make random gift discoveries. I'll see something, and think, "Oh, so-and-so would like this." Of course, I'd forget about it by the time a holiday rolled around. So I've learned to buy those things right away and save them 'til later.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Family members, if you're reading this, I really like it when you give me cash

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I love spending money on presents! Perfume always works with me, except when it's a perfume that no one knows. Sometimes I get these perfumes that were handed out for free because no one would buy it anyways. In that case you should really reconcider buying it. There are good cheep perfumes that I like. You can already buy them for 10 euros or something and I wouldn't mind getting those perfumes, absolutely not (last time I smelled this Hello Kitty perfume, it was very cheap and I still liked it). But don't give me the impression that you're just giving me something just so you can give me something while you don't even care.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Uh, it's Christmas soon. Hallelujah.

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Family members, if you're reading this, I really like it when you give me cash
    +1

MBTI
    xxxx

I think it's an IP thing.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?