• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs (INFPS) and xmas presents

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Let's use Bath and Body Works as an example.

ENFJ man knows I like B&BW. Muchly.

ENFJ man does not like going into B&BW. Clearly you need to turn in your man card prior to entering although he knows there is one man shelf in the store. This falls under the same rules as - men don't use umbrellas and men don't use moisturizer, apparently. I'm just going by what I've been told here so I can't be held accoutable for wrong man rules.

ENFJ man will go online but is not quite sure what to get. Can go in our bathroom and familiarize himself with names and scents but doesn't want to get any "on him".

ENFJ man could send #1 daughter into the store but never does. I have no idea why he does not use all the ammo in the arsenal to help him accomplish tasks like this. The kids will do all the dirty work with little overhead.

ALLLLLL this ^^ could be avoided if he would just get a gift card which can be done online. Late at night. So no one will see you looking at the B&BW site, then clear history. And he would have a overjoyed wife.

Seriously, I don't know what he is thinking. I don't mind going into any store to get something, personally. I have no doubt as to my masculinity, and I don't listen that closely to macho asshats. But with the internet option it's even easier. Perhaps he should get something nice and smelly for himself as well.

Wait. Perhaps that's it. He likes it too much, and doesn't want to be seen comparing scents in the brick and mortar store. :D

If he wanted to stuff said gift card in his pants for me to find...that would have been welcomed too. :yes: If he stuffed said gift card into his pants for me to find while singing "I Want To Rock You Hard This Christmas" - I think I would weep like a gold medalist during the national anthem.

:rofl1:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Seriously, I don't know what he is thinking. I don't mind going into any store to get something, personally. I have no doubt as to my masculinity, and I don't listen that closely to macho asshats. But with the internet option it's even easier. Perhaps he should get something nice and smelly for himself as well.

Wait. Perhaps that's it. He likes it too much, and doesn't want to be seen comparing scents in the brick and mortar store. :D

:rofl1:

hehehe...nah he's awesome and he always gets me things I love. He built me a kitchen table for Christmas last year because I couldn't find one I really liked. :wubbie: Amazing.

chris09

MBTI Type
INfP
'll see something, and think, "Oh, so-and-so would like this." Of course, I'd forget about it by the time a holiday rolled around.

hahaha This happens to me sooo often! It never seems to be anyones birthday or gift-giving time when I see these items though! Soo frustrating!!! lol

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ahhh i never want much from friends or family, i'd rather be able to receive the odd bit of help during the year. my friends and i don't do gifts really. not that i don't get excited when i've picked out something i'm confident someone will love, but i'm really not into shopping.. even for myself! and i guess the few things i would like are expensive and i'm too shy to ask for them..

add to this that my mother is the principle buyer of gifts for me (on extended family's behalf) and she's AWFUL at it. doesn't understand me, even though i've spoken to her about it. i'd rather get nothing than things i don't want/can't use. makes me feel like an ingrate... bah

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's use Bath and Body Works as an example.

ENFJ man knows I like B&BW. Muchly.

ENFJ man does not like going into B&BW. Clearly you need to turn in your man card prior to entering although he knows there is one man shelf in the store. This falls under the same rules as - men don't use umbrellas and men don't use moisturizer, apparently. I'm just going by what I've been told here so I can't be held accoutable for wrong man rules.

ENFJ man will go online but is not quite sure what to get. Can go in our bathroom and familiarize himself with names and scents but doesn't want to get any "on him".

ENFJ man could send #1 daughter into the store but never does. I have no idea why he does not use all the ammo in the arsenal to help him accomplish tasks like this. The kids will do all the dirty work with little overhead.

ALLLLLL this ^^ could be avoided if he would just get a gift card which can be done online. Late at night. So no one will see you looking at the B&BW site, then clear history. And he would have a overjoyed wife.

If he wanted to stuff said gift card in his pants for me to find...that would have been welcomed too. :yes: If he stuffed said gift card into his pants for me to find while singing "I Want To Rock You Hard This Christmas" - I think I would weep like a gold medalist during the national anthem.

:D

Almost every ENFJ guy I know has a serious aversion to anything they see as "feminine" when it comes to grooming. I have yet to meet a "metro-sexual" ENFJ. On the other hand, I know an ENTJ guy who gleefully embraces grooming products and the control it provides over his appearance.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
for me giftgiving is always hard. i want all my family to get away on a cruiseboat for a few days, laughing and merrimaking, making connections with one another. i can't afford it however. so i send stupid presents, like world almanac to dad and a gift basket to mom, christmas card to siblings, not much iow. for me the best gift to give would be the one least expected and appreciated yet within my means. and i don't have the willpower to find out what it is, nor to hunt it down. it's much harder to find the perfect gift on a limited budget with no crafty talents.

chris09

MBTI Type
INfP
Okay nevermind....

I just made a list of things I'd like to have and I can't afford any of it for Christmas, and I'm unlikely to get an iPhone or a Big Flat-screen Tv from my parents... lol!

Zenihita

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like buying people presents, but it also stresses me out. I worry too much if they'll like it or not. It's also pretty horrible in a time crunch. Like, if someones birthday is a week away and I need to think of something to get them, I can't for the life of me figure anything out. But...when I'm out and about, I'll make random gift discoveries. I'll see something, and think, "Oh, so-and-so would like this." Of course, I'd forget about it by the time a holiday rolled around. So I've learned to buy those things right away and save them 'til later.

Choosing presents for others is sooo difficult. I want to give them something that they would really like, but can never a. make up my mind if something I chose is really their taste or b. find the right item because I have a very specific idea of what it should be like (based on what they mentioned or had before) and nothing would match it.

This so funny. Sometimes its hard to believe there are actually other people out there like this. :D I'm hopeless to buy presents for. I drive my family crazy.

I'm difficult for several reasons. I never want anything. I'm just not a stuff person - having meaningless crap scattered about the place is not of interest to me. Secondly, if I do actually want something its usually expense, eg. a new laptop, a trip overseas. Also, I'm extremely picky. You have to be very careful what you buy me, even if it seems like something I would want, because if its not exactly right I'm going to be disappointed.

I'm like that too, that is why my parents usually prefer to get me only something I specifically requested, but since I often have problems thinking of anything I want, it happened that they got me a birthday present several months late, because this was when I was ready with my request :D

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
When it comes to buying presents for other people, I'm awesome.

When I have to say what I want, give me three weeks notice. ;)

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i don't like presents or surprises if i don't know exactly what they are

i also don't like people observing my reaction as i open presents

that is all

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cards are nice, money is nice; I don't get much, but I like it that way.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i also don't like people observing my reaction as i open presents
Agreed.

I'm not very good at controlling/hiding my facial expressions. (On the very rare occassion I get something I don't like.)

Even when I really like something, apparently I don't react in the right way. :rolli: I usually laugh, out of happiness, and some people take that as I'm laughing at the present. What?

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I have expensive taste too. I'm into high tech devices, get me the new phone, the new and better computer, the coolest latest gadgets. Otherwise I'm always down for gift cards or cash haha. I like those cred card gift cards where you can spend anywhere, otherwise Amazon cards, Borders Books cards, specific restaurant cards are all good. I used to buy CDs but I live off mp3s now, so CDs would still be acceptable.

Exception: I think home made gifts are super sweet, those would probably stand out amongst the high tech gadgets now that I think about it. One year my sister made me a Nintendo DS crochet cover and my aunt knit me a scarf...still use both.