User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INfP

How dare you state explicitly what I meant to imply.
    I'm sorry. I've edited my post just for you.

Now I just can't resist admitting that I did get a little annoyed, even though I agree pretty much with everything you had to say. But what turned me off was the three last statements, cause they sounded a little preachy
    I don't know if I see it as a matter of choice...
    I'm really a very simple person. I certainly wasn't meaning to preach... Hey, I'm an atheist, preaching isn't something we get much practice at. I was really just expressing an opinion based on how I see the world. You are more than welcome to think I'm wrong hehe. I invite you to explain your view as well if you'd like.

By the way, reading your quote, I know a fantasy series you might love. It's called "The Sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind.
    Here is a tasty gem for you:
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
    (Chapter 36, Page #397 US Hard Cover)

How's that sound to you? lol

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by chris09 View Post
    I'm sorry. I've edited my post just for you.
    No no, I won't take credit for your hard work. ^^
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Nah, it's hard to be misanthropic when you don't believe free will exists or even makes sense as a concept. Besides, I actually like the majority of people I've had the pleasure to meet/know and find them well-intentioned.

Even if I did believe in free will, because of personal experience one of my Fi values has become giving people the benefit of as many doubts as possible. It's not that I trust people easily, which is different, but I look for reasons not to resent them, because I've been on the receiving end of people not considering that their interpretation may be very wrong for not immediately foreseeable reasons and I know how easy it is for people to misunderstand each other. And I know people who assume the worst of everyone and it's a hideous quality to exude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmawg View Post
    Anyways...my revised thoughts on the matter are that I love and adore humanity as a whole...[...] It's the people that are part of it that I often want to strangle and hide the corpses.
    Wow, almost exactly my case. I dislike most individuals I meet, though I really respect (love?) humanity as a whole. It's a clich, but "the whole is always greater than the sum of the parts". Fortunately.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Wow, almost exactly my case. I dislike most individuals I meet, though I really respect (love?) humanity as a whole. It's a clich, but "the whole is always greater than the sum of the parts". Fortunately.
    Yes. And life would be so much more pleasant if a few choice asshats went permanently missing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm really a very simple person. I certainly wasn't meaning to preach... Hey, I'm an atheist, preaching isn't something we get much practice at. I was really just expressing an opinion based on how I see the world. You are more than welcome to think I'm wrong hehe. I invite you to explain your view as well if you'd like.
    Oh I know you weren't meaning to preach, it was probably just your choice of words that swayed me a bit. Like I said I mostly agree with you

By the way, reading your quote, I know a fantasy series you might love. It's called "The Sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind.
    Here is a tasty gem for you:
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
    (Chapter 36, Page #397 US Hard Cover)

How's that sound to you? lol
    Thanks, sounds promising I'm gonna check it out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

See, if I ever got to the point where jail time stopped being an issue then people would have to worry. Till then I have better things to spend my energy on than planing something destructive.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

INFPs can hate people too, they just do it differently. My best friend is an INFP and it amazes me at times how boorish he can come off to people, or how little he can care about people at times. That's usually my job and I don't like him stealing my thunder.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by corey_vann View Post
    INFPs can hate people too, they just do it differently. My best friend is an INFP and it amazes me at times how boorish he can come off to people, or how little he can care about people at times. That's usually my job and I don't like him stealing my thunder.
    Deal with it

=^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Yes. And life would be so much more pleasant if a few choice asshats went permanently missing.
    I you 4EVA.
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.