• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs and Misanthropism

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What's funny is I knew something was off with the word, but I didn't care enough to correct it.

The state of being misanthropic; misanthropism could work, in a grammatically intuitive, albeit incorrect way.

:)

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I didn't even notice it. This is how new words are made, SW.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
On the subject, though...I haven't witnessed an FJ with a misanthropic philosophy/attitude/tendency in my entire life (minus Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver). The ones that did have these tendencies were all NFPs. My ENFP best friend and a good INFP friend who is highly misanthropic when it comes down to it. Haven't seen any SFPs with expressed misanthropic feelings however. My only guess is Fi+Ne combo. Values....connections. Etc.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't quite understand how my post prevents anyone from discussing feelings.

Yes, besides having a thread about misanthropy points to feelings of disgust and hatred, so it's not like you crashed a huggy-kissy fuzzy kitten party or anything.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On the subject, though...I haven't witnessed an FJ with a misanthropic philosophy/attitude/tendency in my entire life (minus Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver). The ones that did have these tendencies were all NFPs. My ENFP best friend and a good INFP friend who is highly misanthropic when it comes down to it. Haven't seen any SFPs with expressed misanthropic feelings however. My only guess is Fi+Ne combo. Values....connections. Etc.

I know at least one super depressed and pretty misanthropic INFJ.

He tries to see the good in people but a lot of times he just can't.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, besides having a thread about misanthropy points to feelings of disgust and hatred, so it's not like you crashed a huggy-kissy fuzzy kitten party or anything.
Yeah, but some might take his sticklerism <-- not a real word, I know ;) as added fuel to the I-hate-human beings fire.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I know at least one super depressed and pretty misanthropic INFJ.

He tries to see the good in people but a lot of times he just can't.

You talkin' to me?
travisbickle.jpg

I don't see anyone else around...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, but some might take his sticklerism <-- not a real word, I know ;) as added fuel to the I-hate-human beings fire.

:thelook: Maybe it's just because I'm a literature major, but I don't really see the big deal here. I mean, there's so much more we can be misanthropic about, you know, like when the mayor of Las Vegas "hid" the homeless people in 2006 from the tourists instead of actually trying to help them.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's not a big deal, it's quite, I dunno, predictably appropriate.

One gets frustrated by all types of inherent and inevitable human flaws.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's not a big deal, it's quite, I dunno, predictably appropriate.

One gets frustrated by all types of inherent and inevitable human flaws.

Or you could look at it as him being helpful.