User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    I was pointing out he was an INFP for changing his mind, not that INFPs are misanthropic. I'm certainly not
    Oh, well I definitely won't argue with that!

MBTI
    INFP

I must admit my misanthropy can overwhelm me at times. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to list all of my gripes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    I'm not misanthropic. I'm always surprised when a person or organisation turns out to have bad intentions. This thread (and perhaps this forum) is probably attracting the ones who are disproportionately.
    Being "misanthropic" and having bad intentions or even expecting people to have bad intentions are two very different things. Have you even read the whole thread?
    Disproportionately what?

Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zenihita View Post
    Being "misanthropic" and having bad intentions or even expecting people to have bad intentions are two very different things.
    Well, what other belief about people is likely eliciting feelings of 'disgust' and other such words used about them here by self-described misanthropes? I don't know, it's the only one I can conceive of making me personally feel that way.

Have you even read the whole thread?
    Pfft. 10 pages? About something depressing?

I have to watch what I feed my mind, it's got sensitivities.

But I read enough, I believe.

Disproportionately what?
    Misanthropic. Percentage-wise.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Well, what other belief about people is likely eliciting feelings of 'disgust' and other such words used about them here by self-described misanthropes? I don't know, it's the only one I can conceive of making me personally feel that way.
    One can sometimes hate people without assuming they have bad intentions. I don't really know how to explain it so I'll just quote what I wrote previously in this thread:
    my misanthropy is usually invoked not even by people who kill the innocent or something of the kind, not by individulals, but by realizing that there is an overwhelming amount of people that are stupid and callous and there's no way of changing them.
    You just can't deny that not everybody is intelligent, kind and well-meaning.

Misanthropic. Percentage-wise.
    Well, I think you're just misunderstanding what we mean by our "misanthropy" a little bit. I don't really consider myself a misanthrope, but I have my moments.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

It's not depressing, it's amusing.

And many people amuse me. In a sad, slapstick, kind of way.

Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zenihita View Post
    One can sometimes hate people without assuming they have bad intentions. I don't really know how to explain it so I'll just quote what I wrote previously in this thread:

You just can't deny that not everybody is intelligent, kind and well-meaning.
    Oh, don't get me started on how stupid people are, lol. I just don't think people can help being stupid any more than any other species can. I don't hate my dog for running around my legs with her lead, or lying at the top of the stairs in the dark, as much as it frustrates me. I don't hate her for failing to see the discrepancy between the way she treats humans and other dogs and the fact that she has no problem crushing moles and rabbits to death in her mouth. It's the way she's wired and she can't reason powerfully enough to get around that wiring. My attitude towards humanity most would find patronising, but they ought to be grateful because it lets me forgive a lot.

Well, I think you're just misunderstanding what we mean by our "misanthropy" a little bit. I don't really consider myself a misanthrope, but I have my moments.
    Sure, I think most people do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh, don't get me started on how stupid people are, lol. I just don't think people can help being stupid any more than any other species can. I don't hate my dog for running around my legs with her lead, or lying at the top of the stairs in the dark, as much as it frustrates me. I don't hate her for failing to see the discrepancy between the way she treats humans and other dogs and the fact that she has no problem crushing moles and rabbits to death in her mouth. It's the way she's wired and she can't reason powerfully enough to get around that wiring. My attitude towards humanity most would find patronising, but they ought to be grateful because it lets me forgive a lot.
    Right, but sometimes you just can't help getting frustrated with their stupidity, and the fact that it's not even their fault is not much of a consolation. And that's what I think most of us were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The funny thing is, I think to become a real misanthrope, you need to know some things about people
    Misconceptions and half-informations can still make you a misanthrope.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    It's amusing.
    And many people amuse me. In a sad, slapstick, kind of way.
    How so?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    How so?
    Oh, let's see. Too many examples...

Um...The way some people act so serious, even when it's supposed to be a lighthearted and fun event. They make me laugh.

The way many people get all worked up about their appearance, and spend hours in the bathroom making themselves look like caricatures of real human beings. This amuses me, and makes me sad.

The way some people turn the MBTI into the Bible of how to live their lives. And practically turn homicidal if someone disagrees. This makes me snicker.

And I am not immune. I laugh at myself, and find my occasional stupidity even more amusing than I find anyone else's.