• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP are we annoying? Be honest. What do you really think?

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The ENFPs I have known well I have appreciated. Hey, who knows, there might have been annoying people in my life, who I never were ENFP. But some treasured friends are ENFP. That leads me to have a positive impression overall. One endearing quirk an ENFP of mine has is sometimes he will believe that just because he thought of something it must be true. Obviously his mind reached the conclusion - its correct, and then he will state such conclusions to others confidently as facts. He has a strong love of learning and has a very open mind. And I think he very much enjoys transmitting knowledge, and I know he would never want to deliberately pass on incorrect information. There is a part of me (I am reluctant to call it know-it-all :unsure:) that hates inaccuracies and wants things factual and correct, so I have to jump in and kindly let him know he is mistaken. It's hard to convince him sometimes. :alttongue:

Its slightly maddeningly, but overall endearing! Got to love all our differences.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ That's the curse of inferior Si :D

It sometimes makes our memory fuzzy on what we've read and what we've actually concluded ourselves. It all becomes one big bubbling pot.

You're right though, things we ran across and found fascinating we love passing on to others coz of the insight we gained from it ourselves. In our zeal, we space on the details/exact facts as to us, the essence is the insight :blush:

I sometimes actually hate that about myself, coz i can never seem to remember the exact accurate facts and sometimes that's darn handy! Not to mention it seriously hampers me in debates, which makes me nonchalant and just blurt out a number what *feels* about right to me, as it will get my point across :alttongue:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Not annoying from my experiences...

ENFP <3

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I get along well with ENFPs and have many female friends of this type. They are usually the ones who are drawn to me and open up the conversation. My annoyance is that they sometimes talk too much, and get intense about things that aren't so significant or speak up about the kind of things I would usually keep to myself... Their extraversion can be draining for an introvert.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Of course they're annoying!
They're flaky!
And uh.. annoying!
And they talk too much!
And they are secretly selfish! And secretly stubborn!
And they're kinda all mushy for people!
But they're really not mushy when it comes to values...

Good work, I think once we'll be done finding a negative for every one of the four letters for the ENFP as well as the individual functions involved, we'll get to make progress!
YAY <3 DEH TYPOLOGIZ!

(ignore me, I'm just sore)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course they're annoying!
They're flaky!
And uh.. annoying!
And they talk too much!
And they are secretly selfish! And secretly stubborn!
And they're kinda all mushy for people!
But they're really not mushy when it comes to values...

Good work, I think once we'll be done finding a negative for every one of the four letters for the ENFP as well as the individual functions involved, we'll get to make progress!
YAY <3 DEH TYPOLOGIZ!

(ignore me, I'm just sore)

Someone needs a hug ;) :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

(where's that grouphug emoticon when you need it! :steam:)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Listening is something that ENFPs consciously have to learn how to do, coz they burst of enthusiasm to bond with you and share what's going on in their mind...which unfortunately is going a million ideas a minute :blush: :doh:

Which is why you require INTJs, so that you'll have someone who can keep up with you ...

sculpting

^ That's the curse of inferior Si :D

It sometimes makes our memory fuzzy on what we've read and what we've actually concluded ourselves. It all becomes one big bubbling pot.

You're right though, things we ran across and found fascinating we love passing on to others coz of the insight we gained from it ourselves. In our zeal, we space on the details/exact facts as to us, the essence is the insight :blush:

I sometimes actually hate that about myself, coz i can never seem to remember the exact accurate facts and sometimes that's darn handy! Not to mention it seriously hampers me in debates, which makes me nonchalant and just blurt out a number what *feels* about right to me, as it will get my point across :alttongue:

yes to this. We also use Tert Te more like a Te dom in that we seek to close discussions quickly-then realize the answer was not tight and have to revisit as we based it upon a fuzzy Si facts.

We also externalize Fi and Ne. yeah.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which is why you require INTJs, so that you'll have someone who can keep up with you ...

Trust me, even INTJs sometimes struggle with this :devil:

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have one pretty good friend who is ENFP, whom I think is great. It does seem like she sometimes has... err... conversational riffs she likes to go on (especially if the conversation isn't flowing on its own). She's very animated and amusing, but there's a kind of frenetic quality to it. The riffs also become a little less entertaining with repetition.

Her only other quality that wears on me is that she can take forever doing anything. While I'm a good procrastinator, I'm not a dawdler once I get moving. She can turn "grabbing her purse" (or whatever) into a 20 minute activity easy.

Otherwise, we get along well. I like her ability to express her opinions more directly and the enthusiasm with which she tackles life.

Since I don't know very many ENFPs in person, can't really say whether any of those qualities are typical.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
..get intense about things that aren't so significant or speak up about the kind of things I would usually keep to myself...

:wubbie:

they can see something significant in what ever they get so intense about, look at it from her/his eyes and maybe you will see it too.

its the best when people say things that should not be said by the most people.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like ENFPs, my 'old' best friend and my mother are. I'm incredibly close to my mother, but she's hard to deal with. She can become paranoid, too worried, etc. that I find to be annoying, but I love her anyway.
I haven't talked to my friend for a long time, but I heard she's become flaky ever since she got a boyfriend...and she usually does become such when she finds new men.
Those are the only two I can think of now that I'm close to.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, yes. That's why we cheat. We drop Ni observations like ENFP-cat-toys, and you bounce those around while we catch up with you.

...That is so god damn cute .__.

I think I feel better about my day now.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
:hug: (I wish I had the concentration of an INTJ :(, I keep making goals that I can't keep... How do I improve this?)

sculpting

:hug: (I wish I had the concentration of an INTJ :(, I keep making goals that I can't keep... How do I improve this?)

You make a list. You bust your ass to cross things off the list. Fear helps. For me it was fear of not being able to support my child or ending up like my mom.

At first it is very hard. Like when you first start running-it sucks and you feel exhausted everyday. But eventually, as the circuits get built, it becomes more automatic. It still takes effort and work, but it seems building Te is kind alike working out to build muscle??

I also found that I am very good at setting big long terms goals-my plans for this year, next year. big assignments due this month. But on the day to day I am much messier and have a harder time with task completion. I guess I understand the consequences of not completing the big tasks. But the little tasks-much smaller consequences...