User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

You should consider reading this article...

The most annoying thing about an ENFP - PersonalityCafe

It certainly explains everything that is annoying about us.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    You went to great extents to compare what she said to other theories of how different people are. From my external view of the world Jeniffer was pretty spot on with her observations. If you take anything to deep theoretically you lose the theory with detail.

While it may not be a great combo, it is a balancing combo.
    Im out, its been fun

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    You went to great extents to compare what she said to other theories of how different people are. From my external view of the world Jeniffer was pretty spot on with her observations. If you take anything to deep theoretically you lose the theory with detail.

While it may not be a great combo, it is a balancing combo.
    I didn't say that the observations were incorrect, just that the theoretical implications were off. Her point was that we see certain rigidity in unhealthy ENPs and that is due to the auxiliary function receiving autonomy. I mentioned that it is due to the auxiliary function becoming subservient to the dominant. In other words, the effect was correctly identified, yet the cause hasn't been.

Secondly, I mentioned that not all unhealthy ENPs are rigid as the circumstances of many of such people simply don't allow them to be. As a general note, just because somebody has a tendency to behave in a certain way does not mean that they will behave in such a way. Consider a businessman who fits the persona Jennifer describes. Assume that he has important duties to carry out for a fortune 500 company. Will he go on wild speculations and act like a mad scientist? I think not. In his free time he probably would however. Altogether, my point is that it is important to understand that people do not always behave as their type would lead them to as they often have responsibilities to behave in a way that is different from how they normally would.

All of this does not prove that Jennifer's conclusion was wrong, it only shows that a different justification is necessary.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENFP

If you need convincing on the ENFP annoying front take a trip to a place called ENFP haven (Otherwise known as HELL) You will be thoroughly convinced!
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    STP

I didn't say that the observations were incorrect, just that the theoretical implications were off. Her point was that we see certain rigidity in unhealthy ENPs and that is due to the auxiliary function receiving autonomy. I mentioned that it is due to the auxiliary function becoming subservient to the dominant. In other words, the effect was correctly identified, yet the cause hasn't been.

Secondly, I mentioned that not all unhealthy ENPs are rigid as the circumstances of many of such people simply don't allow them to be. As a general note, just because somebody has a tendency to behave in a certain way does not mean that they will behave in such a way. Consider a businessman who fits the persona Jennifer describes. Assume that he has important duties to carry out for a fortune 500 company. Will he go on wild speculations and act like a mad scientist? I think not. In his free time he probably would however. Altogether, my point is that it is important to understand that people do not always behave as their type would lead them to as they often have responsibilities to behave in a way that is different from how they normally would.

All of this does not prove that Jennifer's conclusion was wrong, it only shows that a different justification is necessary.
    taken to PM to not derail thread into personality theory
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

taken to PM to not derail thread into personality theory
    I don't think that the matter we are discussing is personality theory at all. For personality theory, review Please Understand Me (Volumes I and II) and the numerous online websites on personality systems like Enneagram, MBTI, socionics and so on.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    STP

I don't think that the matter we are discussing is personality theory at all. For personality theory, review Please Understand Me (Volumes I and II) and the numerous online websites on personality systems like Enneagram, MBTI, socionics and so on.
    lol, you just like to argue the detail dont you.
    Im out, its been fun

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

ENFP are just winners and some people just can't take it that we're better at everything.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

lol, you just like to argue the detail dont you.
    I don't think its a matter of details. There is a big difference between MBTI online sources about typology and Jung's work on the subject. The former is personality theory, the latter is not. It would be a remiss on our part to assume that the two are similar enough to be placed in the same group.

MBTI
    ISTP

I gotta say, with my limited experience, I'm a fan of ENFPs

You totally keep the conversation going, can talk about almost anything and you're generally awesome!
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%