First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aanule View Post
    Maybe that's it... But I've known some super aloof INTJ's I had to puzzle information out of, like they were making me work for the privilege of learning about them. Defense mechanism makes sense.
    The thing is, because ENFP talks a lot more than me, I worry that they might spill all my secrets without realising.

On reflection, I guess that's a bit daft as reasoning goes, since trust is different from talkativeness. I didn't intend any insult, I was just trying to think what the reason was why I might not want to confide in one.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambling View Post
    The thing is, because ENFP talks a lot more than me, I worry that they might spill all my secrets without realising.

On reflection, I guess that's a bit daft as reasoning goes, since trust is different from talkativeness. I didn't intend any insult, I was just trying to think what the reason was why I might not want to confide in one.
    That's probably a fair concern, especially with less mature ENFP's. I used to get myself into a LOT if trouble by unwittingly telling secrets that I had no idea were secrets. We're just so open that we assume everyone else is the same way and honestly don't realize our mistake.

It was very difficult for me when I was younger to have people I cared for upset with me and not really understanding why. It was a process to learn what was OK to share abs what was off limits.
    "Sometimes I can feel my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living."
    —Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    Likes Rambling, Lunar Light liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aanule View Post
    That's probably a fair concern, especially with less mature ENFP's. I used to get myself into a LOT if trouble by unwittingly telling secrets that I had no idea were secrets. We're just so open that we assume everyone else is the same way and honestly don't realize our mistake.

It was very difficult for me when I was younger to have people I cared for upset with me and not really understanding why. It was a process to learn what was OK to share abs what was off limits.
    I'd have been in the category of those who got upset with you...although what might have happened would have been that I would back away quietly - I'd not have confronted nor mentioned it, so you'd never have found out why I'd backed off...

It's funny how it works, really. I'd have felt like I'd mucked up by not making it clear it wasn't for sharing, even if it was only what flavour crisps I liked the best, and the ENFP would perhaps wonder why anyone even cared about their privacy and feel they had mucked up without realising ...so easily as that, miscommunication happens.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Yes.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    (1) ENFP's exaggerate everything. Sometimes, I am reasonable in stating that it is no more an exaggeration, but a lie. (3 dogs is not equal to 5 dogs)

False, don't confuse our enthusiasm for exaggeration, we have INTEGRITY, I tell it like it is, period.

(2) ENFP's flirt with everyone. They will flirt with you until they are bored, and then, move on to the next subject. Therfore, all of the promises they make are usually flaky.

I can see how people can perceive us to be this way, yes, we are flirtatious, yes, we can be very flaky, but we have good intentions, and how is it our fault that we are deeply interested in deep and interesting people!!!

(3) ENFP's will do almost anything (or say anything) to please others.

Kinda true, le sigh, this is somewhat of a flaw of mine, at least, if I care about you, I will most likely put your needs before mine, working on this though.

(4) ENFP's are so convinced about a certain "truth" that they will refuse to acknowledge that they are wrong. Thus, they are dogmatic in their beliefs.

I am dogmatic to an extent in some of my strong beliefs, but I will ALWAYS concede when I am, in fact, wrong, I never want to be "right" I just want to understand things, from all perspectives/sides/angles, I want to get as close as I can to ascertaining the Truth

(5) ENFP's think they know what's best for you.

Can be true, I think this, but I won't impose it, if that makes sense.

(6) ENFP's are always talking.

FALSE!!! UGH!!! BIGGEST FUCKING MISCONCEPTION!!!

I am a great listener, an active listener, I care to get to know you, and understand what you're thinking/feeling, and how do I accomplish this?

By listening, and asking pertinent questions.

In all of my close relationships, romantic and platonic, my partners do most of the talking.
    This sounds like a cross between INFJ and ENFP. like both are merged into one entity.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

You guys I can't stop talking halp
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Fay, Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    You guys I can't stop talking halp
    Pushes into swimming pool
    Likes misfortuneteller liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Pushes into swimming pool
    Maintains control and does cannonball into pool, splashing the hell out of you in my wake.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Maintains control and does cannonball into pool, splashing the hell out of you in my wake.
    throws

Likes five sounds, Forever liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't mind ENFPs as long as they aren't the sort to push for a new "hostility" policy just because they're pissed at NTP family members/exes, and delight in manipulating INTJs. Jim Morrison was an ENFP, and he was kind of awesome.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78