User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think you are right that we are perfectionists. We also hate making mistakes if they are foreseeable, especially if they affect others than us as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think patient STJs are hard to find. I don't have enough experience with SFJs to know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ good point, but they mellow.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    ESTj

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I think you are right that we are perfectionists. We also hate making mistakes if they are foreseeable, especially if they affect others than us as well.
    NF's care about others to a fault. Sometimes you have to take a chance even if you might affect some others negatively.
    I am male. Don't hold it against me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by 4375 View Post
    I know NF's are always looking to the future of what could be. To me an SJ/NF relationship can be so amazing. One dreams and the other does. NF's have the ideas. SJ's have the tools to make them happen. Unfortunatley since they do not speak the same language it can cause failure before what could be can be realized.
    Too true. My mother is ESFJ and father is INFP (officially typed), and they made a good team while I was growing up; my father liked to dream and focus on the far-off, but doesn't always take the steps to get there (this also has to do with P vs. J). My mother was very practical and helped him to bring his dreams to fruition. But, I think they both were a little annoyed by the other, although they loved each other. My mother would make jokes like "Your father is a dreamer... he never learned to be a father and take care of home (ouch, I know)" and he would joke that she stifles any kind of progress or creativity.

I think the NF can be very sensitive to their loved ones not supporting them in any way, and the SJ can be oblivious to it if the NF isn't vocal about it, and even so, they might not understand how to approach the situation. In terms of relationship matches...SJ+NF = "love can make it work."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

In the case of NFPs, we can be held up by Ne considering all the options and creating new ones. Then there's the issue of how this decision will play out in the long run and what domino effect it may have. We're big picture thinkers.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Go volunteer for a non for profit agency like easter seals in your comminity and start doing community organization. Team up with people. Go to your church and ask about oppertunities. If you are interested in community organization, there are so and helping there are so many things you can do, and people who need you.
    Google the topics you are intrested in and local officals and ask to volunteer.
    Thats how you get started, make connections, and NETWORK, network, network.
    Their are go to nonforprofit.org to find out more.
    or volunteeramerica
    Eventually you can work for them.
    I have my BA in psychology, and I got hired to work in a non for profit agency that helps people with DD (special education) get jobs in the local community, I work as a community coordinator, I do a lot. Also I found them online. It is a paying job and I make a difference. In addition to Special Education, Social work, and Case Management planning is a big one that involves directly impacting peoples lives and the community. Not so much buildings and infrastructure, or city planning. Im not sure what you are interested in.
    I think you can go to indeed.com and search "non profit" in search bar, also non profit jobs.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't understand...The problem is not where to find SJs but rather how to work effectively with those types if you are an NF so that your vision gets heard. Most of the people expressing these concerns already have a chosen field of work and just want to be more effective in it.

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Just get a blackberry, and upload everything onto it.
    Its all about technology
    You are never going to remeber everything.
    All the details, and points you all are talking about
    The sensate crap
    Not going to remember
    That is for the computer

1. Buy blackberry or nice phone
    2. Up load need to know information for on the job
    (charts, calendars, information, to do lists, graphs)
    3. You can be ahead of the game with your use of technology, because
    SJ's are usually slow with the (am I right???) yes
    4. technology and systems will help you manage the mundane details and methodical day to day tasks that you and human mind with other wise forget.
    5. You can use email to communicate with SJ's, it is in writing and it wastes less paper, it is documented and fast and efficient.
    6. Learn how to use powerpoint, and MS office, and word, and EXcel, and the whole office suite programs better than your SJ if you can.
    7. Buy the professor teaches CD MS office 2007 its only 14.00.
    GPS, computer, Blackberry, etc.-- know your software, and then manage your systems.
    That is what the future is anyway, the SJ way of doing things, paper and pencil, and smelling the air, is old school.

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 4375 View Post
    Here is another thing I am learning. SJ's make a descion very quickly and stick with it. Most of the time it is the right descion. We just have a lot of confidence in our descion making abilities. I just learned NF's have to take a long time to process everything before they make their descion. It is not because they can't make descions. It is because they are perfectionists. Maybe it is out of fear of making a mistake. I can't answer that. You NF's will have to. Anyway SJ's get frustrated with this "appearance of lack of a descion-making" and give up.
    Aren't you just driven internally by a sense of wanting to get things done? Or Organized? Tasks completed?
    Do you feel worthless if you are not organized?
    Isn't it pretty much about the achieving a goal then moving on?
    Do you like to write lists?
    I am interested what is your motivation though? Just to do it? Why wake up in the morning with so much drive?

...Other than 99.9% brain chemistry?