User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 49

  1. #31
    Supreme High Commander Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I love my cat.. he's my buddy.
    Actually all cats absolutely love me.
    There is no rational line of reasoning for this.

    Beyond that, I wouldn't say I have any great passion for animals. I appreciate them, and like having them around.. I don't hold them in any higher regard than humans, nor do I have less respect for them.. aside from the fact that I'll eat and wear some of them [animals, I mean].

    I love cat's as well, they are my favourite animal. So lithe and languid till they turn into little fluffy balls of action. I think cats are introverts.

    I've always found animals easier to understand than people. Animals make sense. Within the confines of their limited intelligence, they seem to act quite logically. With time, communication becomes easier. If my cat is standing on the bed wowing at me, I know that it is because she wants the covers straightened out before she lies down. If she is wowing by her dish, which is mostly still full, it means she wants me to push the meat back into the centre so she can eat some more (she has few teeth, and finds it hard to eat if the food is around the edge of the dish). I wish I could get that sort of clear communication with human beings. I guess that's just an INTJ thing. Or maybe its just me.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    I love animals because they're so human but at the same time so easy to bond with. They have all the emotions we have. It's never-ending fascinating to learn their body language and how they express themselves, like certain postures of their ears and tails, or things they make up themselves that are individual to them. It delights me when they express their personalities.

  3. #33
    Senior Member MrRandom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I love 99% of animals and 1% of people.

  4. #34
    Junior Member WhereAreMyKeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I love cat's as well, they are my favourite animal. So lithe and languid till they turn into little fluffy balls of action. I think cats are introverts.

    I've always found animals easier to understand than people. Animals make sense. Within the confines of their limited intelligence, they seem to act quite logically. With time, communication becomes easier. If my cat is standing on the bed wowing at me, I know that it is because she wants the covers straightened out before she lies down. If she is wowing by her dish, which is mostly still full, it means she wants me to push the meat back into the centre so she can eat some more (she has few teeth, and finds it hard to eat if the food is around the edge of the dish). I wish I could get that sort of clear communication with human beings. I guess that's just an INTJ thing. Or maybe its just me.
    Andy, WOW! It is interesting that you can ascertain her communications so exactly. I especially find that I communicate well with horses. I remember telling an acquaintance that I preferred horses to people because horses don't negate my observations with words. For instance, if a horse becomes frightened by a bag blowing around, the horse doesn't try to pretend that the bag didn't really frighten him. Horse gets frightened, I observe it and then go get the bag, show him it isn't scary. Problem solved! With humans, the situation many times ends like this: "What do you mean? I'm not scared of the bag. Why would you think I'm scared of a BAG? What do you think you are a mind reader or something...????"

  5. #35
    Senior Member MonkeyGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I love cat's as well, they are my favourite animal. So lithe and languid till they turn into little fluffy balls of action. I think cats are introverts.

    I've always found animals easier to understand than people. Animals make sense. Within the confines of their limited intelligence, they seem to act quite logically. With time, communication becomes easier. If my cat is standing on the bed wowing at me, I know that it is because she wants the covers straightened out before she lies down. If she is wowing by her dish, which is mostly still full, it means she wants me to push the meat back into the centre so she can eat some more (she has few teeth, and finds it hard to eat if the food is around the edge of the dish). I wish I could get that sort of clear communication with human beings. I guess that's just an INTJ thing. Or maybe its just me.
    **peers past the screen** Are you my husband? That's so much like him!
    I think I think more than you think I think.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I do not. Animal emotions (if present) don't work like people emotions
    They may not be present to the same degree as in humans, but they definitely still 'work' and are present. Walk inside a factory farm where the majority of your meat and dairy come from, and tell me that the animals aren't depressed.


















    INFJ and animal lover

  7. #37
    Member Faine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    She hasn't met me.
    I am now quite scared...

    Quote Originally Posted by Edasich View Post
    They may not be present to the same degree as in humans, but they definitely still 'work' and are present. Walk inside a factory farm where the majority of your meat and dairy come from, and tell me that the animals aren't depressed.


    *insert images here*


    INFJ and animal lover
    I support this here post 100%. Animal emotions are, at the core, the same as ours in my opinion. They just have much less complicated triggers.
    INFJ 9w1.

  8. #38
    Senior Member MrRandom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    I support this here post 100%. Animal emotions are, at the core, the same as ours in my opinion. They just have much less complicated triggers.
    The dogs in my family have always been treated like human beings. For example, we talk to them like they were kids. Consequently, they have become extremely intelligent and capable of understanding sentences.

    For example, just a while ago my mom told the dog: "I'm sorry, but you're not coming with us this time. We'll have to leave you alone for a while". The dog stared at my mom in complete shock and then left the room head down. Then we started to hear crying... The dog was at the other end of the house lying on a sofa, whimpering head down with wet eyes. It was a miserable sight. And all this *before* the dog was actually left alone. She understood what was coming and had an emotional reaction.

  9. #39
    Supreme High Commander Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereAreMyKeys View Post
    Andy, WOW! It is interesting that you can ascertain her communications so exactly. I especially find that I communicate well with horses. I remember telling an acquaintance that I preferred horses to people because horses don't negate my observations with words. For instance, if a horse becomes frightened by a bag blowing around, the horse doesn't try to pretend that the bag didn't really frighten him. Horse gets frightened, I observe it and then go get the bag, show him it isn't scary. Problem solved! With humans, the situation many times ends like this: "What do you mean? I'm not scared of the bag. Why would you think I'm scared of a BAG? What do you think you are a mind reader or something...????"
    Precisely. There is no deception with animals. The messages they send are genuine, it just a matter of interpretation. It helps that their motivations are simpler too.

  10. #40
    Supreme High Commander Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    **peers past the screen** Are you my husband? That's so much like him!
    I don't recall getting married, but then again , I have terrible memory for social events.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFPs: Why do you love INFJs? What do you like about them?
    By Jetta in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 10:38 PM
  2. [INFJ] INFJs: Do you like your career/job? If so, what do you do?
    By sharons in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 09:17 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs, do you feel others need your approval?
    By Carnallace in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 04:13 AM
  4. [INFJ] INFJs do you do this too?
    By r0wo1 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
  5. [INFJ] INFJs: Do you find working with people draining?
    By sharons in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 12:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO