User Tag List

123 Last

Smile If you had to name just one thing in your life....

that would make you happy, what would it be?

You could have it right now and that would be all you needed for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I know it may be impossible to limit things, but it could be love, money..etc.

I know for me, if I had sincere unconditional love (btw my partner, parents, children) that would be all I need. Somehow, i feel if money, job, health went away which it could do, I would still be strong knowing there were people who cared about me.

The tricky bit is, I know there is unconditional love between families, but what about spouses? I am still seeking for that one guy I can have that with. Do the realist of you think he doesn't exist?

When I tell people this, they become perplexed and say so your life is based on the love of a man?? well the true love of a man is what will make me happy, enable me to make a family of my own, will give me children whom I can love more..etc. Isn't this what life is all about? There are thousands of men out there who have it in them, but where is that one individual who will choose to show it and believe in it?

Shouldn't reality be like this?? Why do we accept the shortcoming's of reality and say that there is no such thing as unconditional love?

As an INFP I can't seem to balance things, its either all doom and gloom or eternal bliss.

I hope you got the jist of this thread and that I have not ranted on and become dreamy like a typical INFP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Proximity to those I love.
    I want for or need nothing else.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Phantonym

Peace of mind. And that encompasses...just about everything.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Freedom from suffering, be it physical or emotional. Illness I can live with, but constant suffering, no thanks. The same goes for those I love. I can be alone just fine, and have no need to constantly be surrounded by people, but I do want to see those I love on occasion and share a close connection once a while (in this case suffering= loneliness and being isolated)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Even if I were to find the greatest treasure, bad things would still happen to me and the people I care about, so there really isn't anything that can secure my happiness, once and for all. It would still be possible to take a step in the right direction, though, and the biggest step I can think of would be for me to find someone who can love me and whom I can love in turn. To find such a person would fill a major void in my life--the void of cold isolation--and it would also fill me with a strength that I haven't had in a long time. Human connections make me greater than what I am--they bring me confidence and security--and there is no human connection more powerful than romantic love. If I had only that, I think I could do anything in the world.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFJ

I know what you mean, Coolio. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic, too, which this day and age is definitely not a cool thing to be. I have two siblings, my husband has three, and including our parents, there have been twelve divorces in our families (some have multiple divorces and remarriages). There's an attitude now that if you're not getting what you want out of a relationship, you need to leave in a hurry. Both my husband and I have felt sometimes over the years (22 of them, so far!) that we were putting way more into the relationship than we were getting out of it, and I know that it's a hopeless outdated cliche to say that we're better people for it, but we really are. I just wish the rest of the world understood that. True love takes an awful lot of work, but it's worth it. (Thanks for giving me the opportunity to say all that -- it's not often you have a forum for these kinds of sentiments!)

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

1.Unconditional love
    2.It does exist. I've seen it, once.
    3. For me, accepting reality is simply to say that unconditional love is likely to be completely different than imagined, not nearly as romantic as hoped, and not necessarily intended to last a lifetime.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Physical Perfection.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Wealth/power.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Love