User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat
    I find it very interesting that INFJs feel the need to constantly make threads about their own type. It couldn't be "People who have their self typing wrong," it has to be "INFJs who aren't INFJs." Tons of these threads made solely for INFJs could just as easily be made for every other type, and all of the INFJs could bombard that thread with entries about INFJs, and everyone would be included.

And I also don't understand why people strive to understand INFJs so much. It's not like you're really going to meet a lot of them, since they make up roughly 0.5% of the world. I don't understand why there aren't a lot of ESFJ or ESTP threads, since they are among the most common people out there. Shouldn't you be more concerned with understanding them?
    It was just a question. I saw things like this mentioned around the board (not general mentions of mistyped people, but people specifically citing INFJs as being mistyped), and being new to the board myself, I wanted to ask about it.

Also, this -is- the NF forum. Hence, questions about INFJs, INFPs, ENFJs, ENFPs.

I just see the potential for understanding all of the other 15 types, versus just one. That's why I get annoyed. And the silly ones are just pretty pointless, but people take them pretty seriously all the same it seems.
    I understand your concern, and I have some questions about other types that I've been meaning to post. But obviously in this NF forum, you will likely find questions about INFJs. People ask questions about other types within their forum, and I've seen plenty of posts by ISTPs about their own type, as well as others (questions like "I do xxx. Do other XXXXs do this too?"). People want to see how much they share in common with others of their same type. It's very interesting.

I don't think it's not a phenomena exclusive to our type. Maybe there are more posts about INFJs by INFJs because sometimes we don't understand things about -ourselves- and enjoy hearing input from others sharing our type.

Also, I know for myself that I don't have any INFJ friends in real life, so the opportunity for me to talk to people that share the same basic ways of absorbing information and making decisions is really neat. I tend to feel pretty out of place with other friends, since I don't share a lot of their same interests and can't really talk about mine with them because they don't care. I spend a lot of time listening rather than talking with many (though not all) friends, and none of them are INFJs, so it's nice to get a chance to ask questions of others similar to myself. Refreshing to have an understanding ear.

I'll start a thread about mistyped people in general, if you want. Not sure which forum that goes in? Is there a generic, all-types forum?
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

there are many mis-typed infjs, but there is also much underlying variation in terms of enneagram types that effect overall infj expression. and, of course, developmental and cultural factors which obscure communication.

Ni, especially for infjs (vs intjs), is really fucking hazy and ambiguous. particularly in poorly developed writers, it can be difficult to see the overall complexity of Ni. and unchallenged Ni can appear very lazy, can fuse to specific values very tightly, and lose the ability to work multiple angles and synthesize complex scenes.

both infj and isfj have a vernacular kind of speech, at heart. Fe embodies voices. but infj will be far less concrete, will drift away from objects, and will be more more symbolic/metaphoric. when young, this is often not under conscious control/awareness and leads to a very undefined and vague way of thinking. but if you ask them questions, they can usually focus, or recognize where the communication process is breaking down. if you show them what YOU see, they will understand. Si types struggle more to change their way of looking at the situation. objects are simply objects, it is what it is. Ni deals with relationships between vague and indeterminate ideas which are holistic. intjs are more hierarchically organized around objectives, problematics, and utility, whereas Fe method for infjs is more wandering, aimless, localized, meandering, kind of like emerging from a fog that returns again to cloud one's vision.

Quote Originally Posted by firstjudge View Post
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if other mistypes themselves. We cannot judge who really holds particular type preferences because only the individual him or herself can make that assessment. People are also not just their psychological types, and the complexities that lie within all of us is a mystery in spite of our more perceptible similarities. In my day to day life, I don't like to go around typing everyone, and if someone claims to have specific mbti preferences, then I won't try to retype them either if they don't fit my understanding of their type. What you see on the surface is not always the whole truth--particularly with INFJs.
    infjs are J types. we want things to move in specific directions. we do NOT tolerate misinformation and false endorsements. if something is polluting the airwaves, we want to clean it up. this is one reason why we clash with P types and get really fucking judgy sometimes, and issue frequent critiques and self-critiques.

also, i do not look at the surface, nor claim truth. nor do i not look at the surface. this dichotomy is useless and in the way. there are many more relevant critiques involving re-typing some one else, regardless of whether you know them or not. the world is made up of critiques. also, i enjoy your screen-name immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I find it very interesting that INFJs feel the need to constantly make threads about their own type. It couldn't be "People who have their self typing wrong," it has to be "INFJs who aren't INFJs." Tons of these threads made solely for INFJs could just as easily be made for every other type, and all of the INFJs could bombard that thread with entries about INFJs, and everyone would be included.

And I also don't understand why people strive to understand INFJs so much. It's not like you're really going to meet a lot of them, since they make up roughly 0.5% of the world. I don't understand why there aren't a lot of ESFJ or ESTP threads, since they are among the most common people out there. Shouldn't you be more concerned with understanding them?
    well for one, all e4s and e5s want to understand themselves. threads about e4 and e5 types being the predominant discussion are NOT surprising.

also, we like specificity. i don't want to talk about all types at once. the quality of discussion is rarely good and the focus is not there. it is unhelpful. we are J types (Pi) and we want to get into the nuts and bolts. we want structured discussion moving towards a specific ends. and we have more to talk about with other infjs (and other N types, generally). we usually have far more in common and far more ideas to communicate with other iNtuitives, especially in a form that is strictly writing such as this one. this is rarely isfp terrain, that you know your typology so well makes you an exception in that case (and a large part of why you thought you were infp for so long).

people like spending time with others who recognize them, understand them, and bring out their best form of expression they can muster.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    infjs are J types. we want things to move in specific directions. we do NOT tolerate misinformation and false endorsements. if something is polluting the airwaves, we want to clean it up. this is one reason why we clash with P types and get really fucking judgy sometimes, and issue frequent critiques and self-critiques.
    I don't do this at all.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    I don't do this at all.
    I didn't read what you were answering to but hey, I SO saw you pose as an enfj!

infj pose btw ? how ? I mean sure, they're totally bragging about being our friends but that's just pride and that cherry skin tone that comes with happiness and fullfilment.

key, out for cigar time : P
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Many of the threads about INFJs aren't even made by INFJs. They are mainly made by others trying to understand the type.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    infjs are J types. we want things to move in specific directions. we do NOT tolerate misinformation and false endorsements. if something is polluting the airwaves, we want to clean it up.
    True. That is my only issue with mistyping. This is a forum catered to learning about the different types, and when you have people claiming to be a type that aren't actually of that type, that is confusing and misinforming. If someone starts a thread asking about their girlfriend/mother/friend who is an INTP, regarding something that pertains specifically to that type, and most of those responding to the thread are INTJs, ENTPs, and ISTPs, that isn't helpful... at best.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by weakshadeofblue View Post
    So, browsing around certain threads in this forum, I've seen the mention of "mistyped INFJs" or "fake INFJs" more than once. It seems like word on the streets is that lots of INFJs aren't -actually- INFJs, but possibly just were unable to objectively type themselves (do I have that right?). Or something.
    Yea? Seems then that you are only noticing anything that has anything to do with your type. Not to be mean here but I've seen a lot of "fake INTJs", "fake INTPs", "fake INFPs" and "fake ENTJs" here. It's common around many personality types. And so far, I haven't yet seen anyone accusing someone of not being an INFJ. Perhaps you're just being paranoid.

You could have asked the questions without this reason because it goes the same for other types.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    I don't do this at all.
    my first guess is that it is bc you are a 4w3 and i am a 5w4? my entp 4w3 friend is more live and let live, but i think he still hates stupid people. but he's nicer and more charming and more skillful and more funny about it.

as a 5, i do care first and foremost about the sanctity of knowledge, good clean thinking, etc.

perhaps the chart-the-courseness varies with enneagram and other factors. the perceived Jness. 3 might have a more get-things-going under current than 5 which integrates to 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    True. That is my only issue with mistyping. This is a forum catered to learning about the different types, and when you have people claiming to be a type that aren't actually of that type, that is confusing and misinforming. If someone starts a thread asking about their girlfriend/mother/friend who is an INTP, regarding something that pertains specifically to that type, and most of those responding to the thread are INTJs, ENTPs, and ISTPs, that isn't helpful... at best.
    agreed. it gets in the way of the group. altho i'm not sure if it is in anyone's best interest to imagine they are something other than what they are. accurate self-image seems like a very useful skill to be distributed amongst any community. how else can a person recognize potential, skill to develop, best fit, etc?

MBTI
    yupp

why the fuck do you care so much? I mean really. I don't find it my business if someone on the forum is mistyped or not, I'm probably never gonna be friends with them in real life, and the fact is it doesn't change who I am.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    why the fuck do you care so much? I mean really. I don't find it my business if someone on the forum is mistyped or not, I'm probably never gonna be friends with them in real life, and the fact is it doesn't change who I am.
    probably because it's an MBTI site, just a wild stab in the dark there

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

*OWTSCH*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]