• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Decision making process step my step

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
Here is an adaptation of a document I found online about how ENFP's make decisions there is more but I will start with this. I added my own wording the original text is in "".

Do you think that we have a lot of problems making decisions because we maybe are so focused on trying to do IT ALL.
If you cant get the link Ill post the rest...as its typed by the author. The rest covers Feeling, thinking, sensing. I haven't typed them yet.

Do you guys have anything to add to this section before I do the next, which is feeling. We can work on this together, because we know better than anyone else how our minds work.

"Decision making process" for ENFP's

"1.When solving a problem or making a decision, WE are most likely to start with our dominant function,

INTUITION, by asking... "

How can I clarify the information and understand it? In depth understanding, of why so it doesn’t have to be done again?.

What is the main idea, the main point, and what are the facts, -interpret them, explain them.
"What insights and hunches come to mind about this situation? ."

Rehearse the potential "possibilities" that come to mind based on intuition, experience and what does this remind me of…(relationship finding)

Start internal query in mind (of previously gathered information) for relationships, connections, patterns subconsciously, to help solve problem.

"What is this problem analogous to?"

What information can I collect and where can I collect it that can help me figure this out fast?

Gather more information from external sources (computer, books, research)to help master Full understanding of problem.

Gather more information from external sources (People) probe them for answers and their opinions.

"What other directions/fields can be explored?" Can this be done a better way?
Have I covered everything?

Refrence
https://www.skillsone.com/Pdfs/smp261146.pdf

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
will/automomus decision making versus heteronomy/subordinate, indecisive, dependent

I am going to post a reply to myself here, I was just thinking.

What is a Decision?

Decision:
Making a conclusion
Standing Firm
Finalizing

Why is it important to make decisions...
I was just thinking for the freedom of self, to be free from external controls.

Looking up the definition of decision, I came across, the word

WILL
a. The mental faculty by which one deliberately chooses or decides upon a course of action: championed freedom of will against a doctrine of predetermination.
b. The act of exercising the will.
a. Diligent purposefulness; determination: an athlete with the will to win.
b. Self-control; self-discipline: lacked the will to overcome the addiction.
3. A desire, purpose, or determination, especially of one in authority: It is the sovereign's will that the prisoner be spared.
4. Deliberate intention or wish: Let it be known that I took this course of action against my will.
5. Free discretion; inclination or pleasure: wandered about, guided only by will.
6. Bearing or attitude toward others; disposition: full of good will.
a. A legal declaration of how a person wishes his or her possessions to be disposed of after death.
b. A legally executed document containing this declaration.
v. willed, will·ing, wills
v.tr.
1. To decide on; choose.
2. To yearn for; desire: "She makes you will your own destruction" (George Bernard Shaw).
3. To decree, dictate, or order.
4. To resolve with a forceful will; determine.
5. To induce or try to induce by sheer force of will: We willed the sun to come out.
6. To grant in a legal will; bequeath.
v.intr.
1. To exercise the will.
2. To make a choice; choose.
Idiom:
at will
Just as or when one wishes.
[Middle English, from Old English willa; see wel-1 in Indo-European roots.]

ANTONYM

heteronomy
n. 1. Subordination or subjection to the law of another; political subjection of a community or state; - opposed to autonomy.
2. (Metaph.) A term applied by Kant to those laws which are imposed on us from without, or the violence done to us by our passions, wants, or desires.

1. the state or condition of being ruled, governed, or under the sway of another, as in a military occupation.
2. the state or condition of being under the influence or domination, in a moral, spiritual, or similar sense, of another person, entity, force, etc. Cf. autonomy. — heteronomous, adj.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
bump. good topic.

but since when do ENFPs make decisions...? :)

sculpting

wow this actually really is an awesome topic...

and enfps make decisions....we just modify then in a flexible fashion as needed! ;)

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
from reading the link, I see that i definitely using Ne-Fi-Te when making a decision, and I agree that i rarely, if never, use Si. From reading it's description on the link:

"4. You are least likely to ask questions related to your #4 function, SENSING, such as
• How did we get into this situation?
• What are the verifiable facts?
• What exactly is the situation now?
• What has been done and by whom?
• What already exists and works?"

.... I think using Si when making a decision is kind of irrelevant. Especially since making a decision makes you imagine the possibilities of the new situations that could occur with each choice. So what is the point of analyzing the current situation if it's going to change with a new choice? ... Does it matter how we got to this decision? Does it matter since it's going to change?......can anyone relate to this opinion??

sculpting

from reading the link, I see that i definitely using Ne-Fi-Te when making a decision, and I agree that i rarely, if never, use Si. From reading it's description on the link:

"4. You are least likely to ask questions related to your #4 function, SENSING, such as

.... I think using Si when making a decision is kind of irrelevant. Especially since making a decision makes you imagine the possibilities of the new situations that could occur with each choice. So what is the point of analyzing the current situation if it's going to change with a new choice? ... Does it matter how we got to this decision? Does it matter since it's going to change?......can anyone relate to this opinion??

I think I tend to use some amount of Si-mostly because I have to take care of my family, am lazy lazy and dont like emo-pain. The best way to avoid extra work or avoid being hurt is to look either in my past of the past of others, see what went wrong and what went right and then not repeat the stupid stuff. The Si seems to help narrow down the Ne field to the most reasonable choices based upon that past perspective. It is like a ping-pong game in my brain as I look forward then backwards to try and find the best course of action.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

Si can be useful, it's just that it's 'backwards' compared to Ne. Si is going to analyze past situations to figure out what works. If all past situations sucked, One is forced to use something else, most likely Ne. Ne's approach would oppose that. It's like if you go to Coldstone, typical Si would reflect on the flavors they had first and assess if they liked them, and if they did, would get that flavor again, and stop. Typical Ne would probably have a harder time picking a flavor, perhaps looking for one they haven't had before, because, in the end, it's to satisfy your craving, so who cares? Actually it's the end result for both, but the paths taken is different. Most people fall somewhere within these 2 extremes.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think I tend to use some amount of Si-mostly because I have to take care of my family, am lazy lazy and dont like emo-pain. The best way to avoid extra work or avoid being hurt is to look either in my past of the past of others, see what went wrong and what went right and then not repeat the stupid stuff. The Si seems to help narrow down the Ne field to the most reasonable choices based upon that past perspective. It is like a ping-pong game in my brain as I look forward then backwards to try and find the best course of action.

My struggle is reverse- Si tells me that X worked before, so pick X. Somewhere in the back is Ne saying in a pipsqueak voice- Hey, why don't you try Y or Z? Si tells Ne to shut up, and sometimes Ne reverts back all :cry:. But sometimes Ne will run up to Si and kick it in the nuts. As of late Ne's getting a lot of respect.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My struggle is reverse- Si tells me that X worked before, so pick X. Somewhere in the back is Ne saying in a pipsqueak voice- Hey, why don't you try Y or Z? Si tells Ne to shut up, and sometimes Ne reverts back all :cry:. But sometimes Ne will run up to Si and kick it in the nuts. As of late Ne's getting a lot of respect.

:laugh: yeah, my Si really should kick Ne in the nuts more often, but it doesn't usually happen. i stare at the ice cream choices and CAN'T DECIDE because i want all of them! :emot-emo: and then eventually pick the one that looks "fun"