"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It's still pointless to look at your personal experience because that's merely anecdotal. So I know 2 INFPs (including myself) and someone else knows 5, well, that doesn't really say anything at all.

True.
    But it's still much more likely for someone to have known three (arbitrary number) or less INFPs than five or more.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

do you people seriously know under 100 people? counting off the top of my head right now, i know at least 18 infps. i think i know 8 infjs not counting myself. but i always do take classes where i would meet other infps, and i generally hang out at the same places/ participate in the same social activities. i find it much more difficult to meet nt types than nf types.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    do you people seriously know under 100 people? counting off the top of my head right now, i know at least 18 infps. i think i know 8 infjs not counting myself. but i always do take classes where i would meet other infps, and i generally hang out at the same places/ participate in the same social activities. i find it much more difficult to meet nt types than nf types.
    I know hundreds and hundreds of people, of course. I have seriously only known one other INFP though. I'm sure I've encountered more, but I didn't know them well enough to type them.

When I first got into MBTI, I mistyped a few ISFPs and one ENFP as INFP though, but it became clear I was wrong as I learned more.

That's exactly what I mean by anecdotes meaning little; so you personally know a disproportionately large number of INFPs, well, that doesn't support or disprove any statistic. However, your experience seems to be pretty unusual, and you even say you tend to meet NFs more than anything in your environment.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Actually I remember another INFP girl at the art school. Again, a beautiful person inside (and out). By contrast, I know 7 ENFPs, 5 INFJs, 2 INTPs, 3 INTJs, 1 ENTP, 1 ISFP, 2 ISTPs... I don't know that listing this really says anything! My observational skills are far from omnipotent and I'm picky about who I notice anyway...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

i would say 1/25 (4%) for infps sounds about right. i know more infps than most other types. tho i rarely type sjs and sps bc historically i've had little interest in them and generally didn't care to know them.

in my work situation at a restaurant, i've met 1 entp, 4 enfps, 3 infps, 1 infj, 2 intjs, 1 entj, 2 enfj, and 1 intp. i've been blessed. 1 other person who claimed to be infp but is isfp.
    I suppose you may only fraternize with intuitives, but you are telling me all these people, in such a close environment, are intuitives? I find it extremely improbable, if you just look at it from a statistical perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    People associate us with niceniceness or with emo whininess, of which we are neither.
    Agreed.

i know at least 18 infps. i think i know 8 infjs not counting myself. but i always do take classes where i would meet other infps, and i generally hang out at the same places/ participate in the same social activities. i find it much more difficult to meet nt types than nf types.
    Well you sure know a lot of INFP's, if that's accurate, but I am hugely skeptical. I myself know only one or two other people I would type as INFP. Now granted, in my work environment / chosen profession, there are many NT's.

But I do think lots of people think it is somehow "cooler" or "better" or "smarter" to be intuitive, and that likely leads to type confusion.

My personal opinion: more than 1%, less than 4%. I think I would be able to feel more of their resonance if they were 4 out of every 100 people I met. Although this is where enneagram results could refine further distinctions in the percentages.

And, nothing personal, but I find that INFJ's tend to take some weird pleasure in stating "INFP's are more common" thus asserting themselves as the rarest female type.
    Likes Alassea liked this post

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

do you people seriously know under 100 people?
    You know that many people well enough to type them? Wow... (I bet I don't know hundred people even well enough to remember their names)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

infps aren't rare at all. Use that peripheral vision, fellow introverts.

thinking of you

Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I suppose you may only fraternize with intuitives, but you are telling me all these people, in such a close environment, are intuitives? I find it extremely improbable, if you just look at it from a statistical perspective.

Agreed.

Well you sure know a lot of INFP's, if that's accurate, but I am hugely skeptical. I myself know only one or two other people I would type as INFP. Now granted, in my work environment / chosen profession, there are many NT's.

But I do think lots of people think it is somehow "cooler" or "better" or "smarter" to be intuitive, and that likely leads to type confusion.

My personal opinion: more than 1%, less than 4%. I think I would be able to feel more of their resonance if they were 4 out of every 100 people I met. Although this is where enneagram results could refine further distinctions in the percentages.

And, nothing personal, but I find that INFJ's tend to take some weird pleasure in stating "INFP's are more common" thus asserting themselves as the rarest female type.
    "And, nothing personal, but I find that INFJ's tend to take some weird pleasure in stating "INFP's are more common" thus asserting themselves as the rarest female type. "

Bingo! Aside from not being able to prove much and after being called out by us and not having anything else to reply to, they also love stealing INFP characters naming them as 'INFJs' and get mad when people don't agree with them.
    "She had a lively, playful disposition which delighted in anything ridiculous." ~Jane Austen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

1% of 7.5 billion is 75 million special snowflakes
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave