User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

There was only one other person that I think was an INFP back in high school though I never really talked to him. INTPs seemed more common actually.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

In real life, besides myself, I know 2 other INFPs for sure. My dad and this guy who worked in a documentary studio with me. Both remarkably nice people. I'm sure there were INFPs at my art school and elsewhere that I could identify as one, but even so, unless they themselves made a connection with me, I'd be hard pressed to remember one as definitely an INFP because they were too invisible and unknowable in "public" for me to ascertain any traits to them.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I know one. Well, I'm not certain, but it is highly probable.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not sure I've known another INFP. A good female friend is an INFJ. A male friend is, I believe, an INFJ, or an INFP--I've not met a man like him. He acts based on his feelings, rather than his head. Very kind. He's smart, but I don't see T as the primary function. If he's an INFP (and he could be--he likes things open-ended, it seems), he's the first man I've known who is one.

I've heard the 1 percent figure.

I can relate to paying bills by magic, or by telepathy.

I think we're extraordinarily useful, in our own mystical, magical way

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I love the "Yeah, I know an INFP... I think?" responses.
    They're all gradually confirming the theory I have in my head about this.

I agree with OrangeAppled. The 1% and the 4% "debate" may exist because of the frequent mistyping of INFPs. It happens so often. People associate us with niceniceness or with emo whininess, of which we are neither (a few bad apples, so to speak). Plus, surveys can be misleading as well. Depending on the environment, the survey may be skrewed in that there may be a disproportionate or an underrepresented (?) amount of INFPs and the percentages are off.

But I'll concede a little. I certainly don't think we make up 4-5% of the US population but maybe not exactly 1%.
    2-3% even would seem more accurate than 4-5%, especially since in the exact same statistics they give ESTP the same 4-5 percentage.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I don't know any.

Enneagram
    1w2

All you have to do is go to google type in "mbti population statistics" or something like that and up pops this amazing document!

http://www.capt.org/products/examples/20025HO.pdf
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I know two, three if I include myself. One's male, the other female.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Riva

They are rarer than friendly INTJs.

Or happy INTPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    But I'll concede a little. I certainly don't think we make up 4-5% of the US population but maybe not exactly 1%.
    2-3% even would seem more accurate than 4-5%, especially since in the exact same statistics they give ESTP the same 4-5 percentage.
    Yep...I agree. 1% is probably not the case either.

I do realize that INFPs are probably quieter and less visible than ESTPs, but ESTPs seem like they are eveywhere....

I think a lot of INFPs feel "out of place" compared to people around them, so it's hard to believe there are 4 more INFPs out of every 100 people. It's still pointless to look at your personal experience because that's merely anecdotal. So I know 2 INFPs (including myself) and someone else knows 5, well, that doesn't really say anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I've never met another INFP. As for the practical comment...yeah don't ever ask me how I pay my bills. Magic possibly.
    Magic is how I accomplish everything.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    ...Oh whatever!
    Come on you all, get it together! I'm beginning to think I'm not INFP after all.
    Maybe you're not.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe