User Tag List

First 6789 Last

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    I'm always amazed at the essay like writings that other types seem to do. With their complete understanding and grouping of MBTI personality types. It's always so much to read and oh so overwhelming.

Is that just me or enfp types in general?
    As I said at the start of that essay, those are mostly just notes for my own use. I was just capturing a Te moment, with the hope that the idea might come in handy later in combination with some other application.

But I realize that it's a bit much, so I put it in a different thread. Personally I would never read a long technical essay like that either, unless I was very interested in the material already.

I just put it up for anyone else that might be interested, and also to follow up on my promise to post some additional notes. (Didn't want to get accused of bailing on a commitment, no matter how casual.)

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

As you can tell I became overwhelmed by all there was available there as far as information goes and I overlooked it all, quickly scanning it to see if anything jumped out at me.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    GONE

I'm always amazed at the essay like writings that other types seem to do. With their complete understanding and grouping of MBTI personality types. It's always so much to read and oh so overwhelming.

Is that just me or enfp types in general?
    Nope, me too!

Honestly, I do the pan and scan a lot. Meaning I liberally "scan" (ahem) as opposed to read word for word a lot of text when people are discussing the in-depth mechanics of Ti and Te, etc. and debating back and forth.

Honestly, I don't know what most these things really mean.

Someone here tried to explain the difference between socionics vs. MBTI typing to me and I was like

I literally had nothing to say.

Hahahaahaha, man we are not making ENFPs look good to the more technically minded types right now.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Nope, me too!

Honestly, I do the pan and scan a lot. Meaning I liberally "scan" (ahem) as opposed to read word for word a lot of text when people are discussing the in-depth mechanics of Ti and Te, etc. and debating back and forth.

Someone here tried to explain the difference between socionics vs. MBTI typing to me and I was like

Hahahaahaha, man we are not making ENFPs look good to the more technically minded types right now.

It's alright..... although put me in a secure political environment and I have had people begging for more and hanging on to my every word. So you see we have stuff up there it just takes a lot to get us to really share what's going on. I gotta wonder if we look like the stereotypical 'blonde' where everyone thinks she's stupid but the reality is, more often than not, that she never felt comfortable enough with sharing what was going on in that pretty lil head b/c too many people had laughed at her......

or am I just injecting my own life in there.....
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    GONE

Shucks, thanks for the hug.

I gotta wonder if we look like the stereotypical 'blonde' where everyone thinks she's stupid
    You know, reading some other comments on the forums and especially the 'fictional nf' thread -- I really think so!!! Actually worse, I think people think ENFPs are all fluffy and cute Cute is a 4 letter word. I really don't think people take ENFPs that seriously.

more often than not, that she never felt comfortable enough with sharing what was going on in that pretty lil head b/c too many people had laughed at her......

or am I just injecting my own life in there.... .
    That really sucks you feel people have tried to control you by laughing at what you have to say -- because that's what it comes down to. People can't handle the truth! Hahaha, but seriously if you have a 'pretty little head' sometimes it's too much for people to handle that you're more than that and they (sometimes inadvertently) try to put you in your place. Which is their problem not yours.

I wish you luck on your journey to being the formidable ENFP debater par excellence that I know is in you. If having a [pink cuddly] ENFP bodyguard helps you say what you feel like, just let me know. I personally want to hear what everyone has to say, especially other ENFPs!

My own story is a little different, because I've always been quite happy to engage in 'debate'.

HAAHAHAHAHA. While I may have some areas of functional non-expertise, overall I'm more than comfortable giving my opinion on things...even if everyone forgot to ask me.

MBTI
    enfp

thanks for listening. I have never gotten the pretty lil head thing, I have gotten the awe you are just too cute to take seriously.

I always back away from a debate though, it's too much for this brain to take, too much for my emotions to engage in. *sigh* I married an entp he debates he's never wrong, it's just easier that way......
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

LOL. Honestly, I don't get it either.

I think we have the potential to understand it though. It's just all the information and all the effort and time it would take to read through the pages and pages of explanations isn't exactly appealing.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Ya. I find I start to read things like that and usually my attention span just goes out the window and I skip over the rest. Only when it's really engaging (or I have to read it!) can I manage long blocks of writing.

If you put it in smaller blocks, I'm sure I'd be able to cope with it and understand it fine.

As far as giving my opinion on things, yeah, I find unless it's a comfortable, casual debate with my family, I'll usually remain quiet or just input a few small points, because I'm just not that sure of my own opinion/facts. (Plus I usually find myself debating with an INTP who successfully manages to pick holes in any argument I have! )
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

I think people think ENFPs are all fluffy and cute Cute is a 4 letter word. I really don't think people take ENFPs that seriously
    ENFP seriousness= psycho's
    nothing comes out mouthwize unless its from slavver... one flung drama is worth ten in the bush
    the boss goes and does everything in his/her power to remove you from the affected area forever.
    policies/house rules/rota's get changed by affected person/people
    other people go

yeh were cute

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Nope, me too!

lol i explained it to my ENFP friend; he read it and he's like, "umm, why are you motivated by the need to be competent? why do they need to do so much? do you have like relaxation issues or something?" he was very seriously baffled and astounded that anyone could be motivated by such things. i think he understood that he was different but he just thought other people were better at organizing their crazy minds.

i was frustrated with him not b/c he wouldn't read it (if i really begged him he would do it) but because i feel like with a conscious awareness of what he unconsciously pwns, he could literally pwn life. it's like there's a universally-unlocking key on the top shelf and he just sees no need to reach his arm up there to use it b/c he has one that works on 90% of the doors anyway.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis