User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, I guess that just goes to show we are paranoid.

I took the self-righteous bit as a reply to my comment two posts before where I was trying to defend myself, so I can see why I would think I was being treated unequally.

I think I'm just disappointed because I imagined this would be a place where I could say my opinions without being looked upon negatively (someone saying I sound self-righteous while defending myself against someone who called my opinion self-righteous seems negative/hostile/unwelcoming to me, but that's just me).

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

oh yes there you go....

deep breaths okay it's really not that hard.

It would seem that there is this thing with reading posts and providing a proper reply with enfp's there seems to be more scanning than reading going on......
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENFP

Heh, is it a me thing or is it an ENFP thing that I hate it when people tell me to take deep breaths?

Anyway, I enjoyed this for all of a week or so. I think I'm done with this.

MBTI
    enfp

this forum? or this thread?

I am guessing you to be a young enfp
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    It would seem that there is this thing with reading posts and providing a proper reply with enfp's there seems to be more scanning than reading going on......
    Hahahah, how did you know???

And, open call to everyone, but is anyone going to respond and continue to throw down this 'self-righteous' gauntlet? Because, dude, I'm not done arguing yet.

P.S. Do you get that when I post, it's usually tongue in cheek?

P.P.S. 'Cause I hate to diminish from the humor of that last emoticon by injecting 'yes this is a joke'...

P.P.P.S. But seriously, I'm not done arguing.

MBTI
    enfp

< enfp

I just know these things
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    That echoes with me. I know that I'm generally liked, but I feel like it's mostly a passive sort of thing, eg they like me only because I haven't annoyed them. But outside of my friends, I don't feel like they nessecarily regard me as one of their favourite people, or even as a person they might otherwise consider spending time with / inviting somewhere, etc. So I suppose that is probably a respect issue. Even at work, I wonder sometimes why other people who started the same time as me are given more responsibility/taught more about the business (I've only really worked in retail/shop assistant sort of thing so far, so it's in that sort of capacity). And yes, if I objectively look at it, the others are more responsible and motivated than I am, so it's only fair, but still, it'd be nice to be valued.

Maybe we feel like our best traits (whatever we feel they are) are not really seen and appreciated by the world at large? And the things people generally like us for are things are either we don't see as particularly good or strong traits in ourselves (like our ability to adapt to every situation and be totally dependant on pleasing other people seems to be a love-hate thing with ourselves) or things we take for granted, and thus aren't sure why people like us? And consequently are insecure that they do.
    I think this is very insightful. Maybe this is a silly example, but I have at times felt that I was not as well-liked as I would prefer since I would sometimes see other people being visited or invited places where I wasn't. I knew none of these people disliked me, and were in fact my friends, and additionally that I have a reputation for being "friends with everyone" and "loved by everyone". But it was more like a respect or worth issue...why did I have to be the one to initiate an activity? Why didn't other people invite me more often than I invited them? The more I think about this, the sillier it seems. Maybe it's as simple as
    1. I don't need to be invited every time, and I am still liked even if this is the case, and
    2. People know that I tend to initiate social opportunities, and it becomes habit more than anything else to expect that I will be doing more initiating than they will.

But to a sensitive NF with dominant Ne seeing all kinds of possibilities, sometimes the pouting comes a little before the laying out of logical facts.

Fineline said:
    "I think that all types can be in this situation. We all have strengths and can be the hero in the right setting. But in the wrong setting our strengths may be squandered; our strengths may come across as sterile or even counterproductive.

ENFPs have a playful, holistic approach to problem-solving. ENFPs can really shine when a situation is novel, touchy, and involves a lot of sensitive variables. But if a problem is routine or requires a critical rather than holistic approach, then the ENFP's talents may be wasted. The ENFP may have nothing more to contribute than mere playfulness. And even if that's welcomed by the others around them, it's not really what the ENFP wants to be valued for."

This was also very insightful, and follows directly upon the previous quote from arcticangel about ENFPs perhaps feeling sometimes that our best traits aren't seen by the world at large, and so we're kind of liked, but not taken as seriously and appreciated on as deep a level as we'd like because it sometimes seems we're liked on a more tangential level for our very good but less essential skills. Not that it's bad to be liked for your pleasing less essential skills, but there is an understandable appeal to being truly appreciated on a deeper level.

MBTI
    eNFP

Perhaps many ENFPs are also accustomed to frequently show outright our approval for others, and since not all types are like this, we do not always receive such straightforward data in return, leaving the Ne wandering about and thinking of all kinds of creative reasons why this could be.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    I'll write up something later (tomorrow or the next day) and post it here. I'll try to tie it in with ENFPs so that it won't represent a derailing of this ENFP thread.
    I did post some notes and ideas, but they grew in scope to the point that I used them as a thread starter in the "MBTI..." forum. (I feel bad about scattering related posts all over different threads, but the latest one didn't really belong in this thread.)

Here's the link:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ypage-com.html

MBTI
    enfp

I'm always amazed at the essay like writings that other types seem to do. With their complete understanding and grouping of MBTI personality types. It's always so much to read and oh so overwhelming.

Is that just me or enfp types in general?
    Jung Test Results