User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm looking at Journalism and Consulting at the moment, and I already know that if I'm asked to undermine or destroy someone for the job that I'm likely to just walk. In the end it is just a job, you can't weigh it up against destroying a person's life.
    Wait, how did you go from physics research to journalism/consulting???

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

For an INFP to be ambitious, they need to feel that they are fighting for something, something that means the world to them whereas SJ/NJ types are less picky, more naturally into structure and duty and work ethic.

I have a very bad work ethic, not because I am lazy, but because doing what I have no concern for sucks my energy so much that as a cashier, I constantly wanted to spend a week just sleeping.

However, if an INFP have found her/his 'mission', they can be more dedicated than any of the other types, to reach their ideals because we have such strong visions.

We are not naturally bulldozers, but that doesn't mean we can't 'learn' to be or 'force ourselves to be'. It would be extremely energy draining, though. This is why sometimes I wish I am an extrovert, for energy purposes. I sleep more than anyone I know. My friends all think I have some kind of iron deficiency.

violaine

I'm ambitious, I'm an optimizer, always striving and working to improve things. I enjoy challenges, I like to pursue opportunities and see results for my effort. One of the most frustrating aspects of my life is that I can't pursue everything I would like to concurrently.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    I'm ambitious, I'm an optimizer, always striving and working to improve things. I enjoy challenges, I like to pursue opportunities and see results for my effort. One of the most frustrating aspects of my life is that I can't pursue everything I would like to concurrently.
    Same. It's not enough to just have a dream, I want to make it a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Wait, how did you go from physics research to journalism/consulting???
    I'm an ENFP. Change travels fast .

Journalism I have to go through a course. For consulting Physics/Eng gives a good base to get employed (ie. maths and problem solving).
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I see ambition as achieving one's personal goals, NOT as a rat-race. I consider myself very ambitious.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I used to be ambitious until life crushed me. Now I'm somewhat ambitious, but mostly just sleepy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AuroraAngel1 View Post
    I see ambition as achieving one's personal goals, NOT as a rat-race. I consider myself very ambitious.
    Love this! Yeah, I cannot stand competition. It feels so distorted, irrational, and it just makes me nauseated, dizzy, and generally feeling pain. Blech.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP

I dont get this, i have been ambitious of all my life - and perfectionist. There is some sort of drive inside me that i cant stop that pushes me further. It's not about academic career stuff; that's for people who are able to keep their life in one piece. I want to do something no one has ever done before
    This train has no breaks.
    All the people are crazy; way or another - me
    It's just my avatar, i'm not a scary person - also me

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    I'm surrounded by a lot of SJs and SPs at work (and throughout daily life for that matter), and I'm often struck by how much more ambitious they are than me career-wise. I work hard, am good at my job, and take my work seriously, but I have zero interest in moving up the ladder because I don't want it to cut into my personal time, which I like to spend with family and friends as well as reading / doing other nerdish pursuits. Many of my girlfriends say they couldn't imagine being a stay-at-home mom, but to me that sounds pretty awesome. Sometimes I wonder if I ought to have more ambition, but moving up the ladder just kind of seems like a rat race to me. Any other NFs experience this? My suspicion is that ENFJs won't because most of the ones I know in real life have insanely amazing resumes and are involved in a million things. But who knows... Let me know if any of this resonates with you NFs... Or maybe I am just unusually lazy
    Most feeling oriented women would rather raise children. Just wait till your SF/SJ colleagues start having babies. They will drop out of the work force for several years to focus on that instead if their husbands can support them. They might keep busy with part time work or course work during this time. Studies show constantly that this is actually what most women want and are doing.

Linear progression at work is just one manifestation of ambition. Wanting to raise a child is another. We're raised to invalidate and undervalue emotional caretaking and other types of historically female dominated types of work. Things will change more over time as gender equality continues to evolve in the media.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    For an INFP to be ambitious, they need to feel that they are fighting for something, something that means the world to them whereas SJ/NJ types are less picky, more naturally into structure and duty and work ethic.
    What about NTP types? help meeeeeeeee....

Pursuing knowledge for its own sake, perhaps? But why on God's green earth would someone pay me to do that?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78