First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Can someone live my beer to the full ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Can someone live my beer to the full ?
    Beer also comes higher than job on my values list. Actually, most things do. It makes the whole job quitting for values thing easier.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I can brew beer on my own, but we need to steal some stuff from the apothecary
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I can brew beer on my own, but we need to steal some stuff from the apothecary
    But I don't want to hurt the poor pharmaceutical or insurance companies .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    I'm surrounded by a lot of SJs and SPs at work (and throughout daily life for that matter), and I'm often struck by how much more ambitious they are than me career-wise. I work hard, am good at my job, and take my work seriously, but I have zero interest in moving up the ladder because I don't want it to cut into my personal time, which I like to spend with family and friends as well as reading / doing other nerdish pursuits. Many of my girlfriends say they couldn't imagine being a stay-at-home mom, but to me that sounds pretty awesome. Sometimes I wonder if I ought to have more ambition, but moving up the ladder just kind of seems like a rat race to me. Any other NFs experience this? My suspicion is that ENFJs won't because most of the ones I know in real life have insanely amazing resumes and are involved in a million things. But who knows... Let me know if any of this resonates with you NFs... Or maybe I am just unusually lazy
    To me, it doesn't sound like you are not ambitious. It sounds more like you place your values on other things. Moving up the career latter isn't important to you, but having free time is.

I too place more value in free time. I could never see myself becoming a manager or accept any position where it would require me to work more hours.

MBTI
    ENFP

I have a lot of ambition. But for NF's I think it just depends. Sometimes NF's have ambition for some areas of life (like social contacts or causes) but not so much for things we might consider mundane and lacking in purpose. A lot of S types are in the moment type people, and if they have a lot of energy and determination it leads to a strong work ethic and drive to succeed. I admire an SJ who works hard, or an ESTP who naturally does things I struggle with. Good on them.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I'm ambitious but not in the usual way. I don't want more power and responsibility. I just want to have more freedom to do the sort of work I want to. Success and more money would be nice but these are secondary to actual finding fulfillment in my work - being continually intrigued and challenged by it

MBTI
    ENFP

As others have already alluded to, NF's are probably the most ambitious of all types, it's just that ambition for them is not necessarily aligned with the career ladder, which most of the time is basically all about bullshit (nb, bullshit is not so easy to climb, a point not lost on most mature NF's).

EDIT: Climbing bullshit? Hmmm... What interesting metaphors you get when posting while drunk.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm ambitious but not in the usual way. I don't want more power and responsibility. I just want to have more freedom to do the sort of work I want to. Success and more money would be nice but these are secondary to actual finding fulfillment in my work - being continually intrigued and challenged by it
    This!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    I'm surrounded by a lot of SJs and SPs at work (and throughout daily life for that matter), and I'm often struck by how much more ambitious they are than me career-wise. I work hard, am good at my job, and take my work seriously, but I have zero interest in moving up the ladder because I don't want it to cut into my personal time, which I like to spend with family and friends as well as reading / doing other nerdish pursuits. Many of my girlfriends say they couldn't imagine being a stay-at-home mom, but to me that sounds pretty awesome. Sometimes I wonder if I ought to have more ambition, but moving up the ladder just kind of seems like a rat race to me. Any other NFs experience this? My suspicion is that ENFJs won't because most of the ones I know in real life have insanely amazing resumes and are involved in a million things. But who knows... Let me know if any of this resonates with you NFs... Or maybe I am just unusually lazy
    I don't experience this, but I don't think there's anything unusual or wrong about your vision for yourself.

Let me tell you about my INFJ mother: She has a STRONG drive to nurture her family, and family is the TOP priority. Outside of work, she only socializes with family. "Success" as measured by status, money, and objective accoplishments mean very little to her. Her greatest pride is in her children. Having said that, she is a physician and overcame a lot to get there. Most people would consider her ambitious career-wise, but for her the end point is about healing people. IOW, her ambition isn't in her carreer, but in her effect on others. I imagine that distinction is similar for a lot of Fs.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to talk about meeeeee . I'm ambitious career-wise, but it's a matter of fulfilling my potential. That Fi introspective "who am I and what can I do" thing is behind it. Oh, and there's always a little bit of that "Don't limit or underestimate me just because I can't match my clothes, and am slightly socially awkward, and definitely weird, and clumsy, and apparently completely disorganized, and don't freak out over tests like everyone else even when I fail them, and, and, ...SCREW YOU!!!!!" motivating me to keep pushing.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)