Fixed it for ya

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    90% of life is just goofing off
    ISTP fixed

MBTI
    INTj

Desensitize yourself by approaching and talking to many people. You will find that most will not respond with the negativity that you anticipate. From my experience, xNFx's come cross as being warm and likable. Don't worry about being judged.

Consider taking a volunteer position that involves dealing with the public. People will approach and talk to you. After you get more confident, you can practice doing the approaching.

MBTI
    INFJ

Don't worry about any awkwardness that may show up when you're getting to know people--it doesn't matter partly because people will understand because they've been in the same boat at some point in their lives and partly because most people don't remember ninety percent of what you say later. They just have an impression -- "he seemed shy but very nice" or "he was so easy to talk to" which means they did all the talking and you've just been labeled that most valuable of social beings, a great listener! Most people really want to like other people so they'll go out of their way to make other people feel good about the encounter. Every once in a while you'll run up against someone who's nothing but ego -- but they aren't worth it, anyway.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    90% of life is just throwing up
    I promise that's the last one for today (just couldn't resist )

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Consider taking a volunteer position that involves dealing with the public. People will approach and talk to you. After you get more confident, you can practice doing the approaching.
    Oh, I have to talk to crowds on a regular basis. I'm a college student and have to give presentations on a regular basis or discuss in class. The strange thing is: The bigger the crowd, the less nervous I am (maybe because I perceive them as a group, not as individuals). My first two presentations made me horribly nervous, but now I sometimes actually enjoy it.
    When approached, I'm usually quite talkative - but as I've said, it's all about making the first move.

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    So what is the difference between quiet and shy? I would say I am more of a quiet person.
    Iíd say quiet is when you don't feel the need to talk to other people; shy is when you want to, but feel like you simply can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ike look at an enfp who says ridiculous things all the time and people go like...wtf?! but?? who cares right?
    At least youíre self aware
    But really: Those people have always been a mystery to me. Of course I had my mental headshakes as well (right, the wft?!), but at the same time I envy them for their ability to simply go and talk to people. And they really donít seem to mind all that much, even when it seems to be totally irrelevant to me.
    But then again, I wonder if I could get away with the same.

Anyway, there's that girl Iím about to see tomorrow. I only see here once a week during a lecture (and a crowded one at that), and I really don't know her but would like to get to know here a bit better (all I can tell is that I like how she looks and dresses herself). Even if I had the courage to go to her, I didnít know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    I think shyness comes from a subconscious level, where you learn from a specific event that makes you associate that memory with something along with the lines of embarrassment, failure, identity (positive or negative)..
    Yeah, I guess I'll post something about my past experiences in that respect, all of which are still quite present. Itíll probably make things a little clearer.
    Your points I haven't addressed are also worth talking about.

Anyway, I think I'm going to bed now (already past 4 am over here).
    So good night, and cheers

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Just remember, regardless of all the help you get and of what of the help you might find useful, if you get the feeling its all too much, then leave it.

A relaxed man is the first to overcome shyness. And that involves to a great deal being yourself.

Wish you the best of luck in finding your relaxation.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Ha ha this thread cracked me up.

Good job Avis, your cool.

The INTP thing about being a play-on-word fetish is true. It reminds me of the old PUA saying of "know your victim". When I saw the play on words, it pulled me in similar to "chick crack" (astrology, tarot, handwriting analysis) worked and soon became fun..turning an awkward situation into a game (actually got pretty good at the skills in the process)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    infj

Sometimes I try to just say hi or start a conversation before I've had time to think about it. Otherwise if I've already thought about it and felt the fear I'll move. I'll walk a bit come back and try to rationalize negative thoughts with the What's the worst that can happen? question. Moving really helps though do not underestimate the moving if you're just sitting there...feeling uncomfortable.