User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default moving furniture...

When I find a place for my stuff... it stays. I am happy.

My friend (and one of my sisters) changes her living room around at least twice a month. It's interesting, but I don't understand what drives her to keep changing things around. I think she's an introvert.

Am I a typical INFP to want to keep my things where they are? She never changes things around at my home, but she has made references that this would look better here or there. I don't want to change things around. I'm always glad when she leaves. (I know, I am not a good friend) My sister has never offered her opinion about where my furniture sits. Yaay!

Okay, I feel better.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    infp

I know that I personally want everything to stay where it is as much as possible. Its rather interesting that someone would want to just change things, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable with that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm open to suggestions if they will make a real improvement in function. I don't need to move things around for the heck of it or for variety. I'd rather not notice or have to think about it and be able to go around on autopilot without walking into things.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

See, before I even move stuff into a space, I already know where everything will go in my head. So that when I do move furniture to the optimal positioning for taking up the least amount of space and the least likelyhood of my tripping over it, it never moves. I'm like a dog, I turn around three times and then I don't get up again once my little hollow in the snow is made.

MBTI
    ENFP

i'm just moving my furniture around but i'm feng shui-fied and if its not right, and i mean in every sense, i wont stop till it feels right(got to have a plant near comfort zones, different textures and stuff)and if it means going out and buying something that adds contrast and depth to the image then i will...no harmony, no joy!

MBTI
    yupp

I don't see why people need to move furniture if it works. My room mates would be like oooh lets change the room and I'd come in and head right for the seat I liked to realize everything had been switched. They didn't ask me, I mean if they had I would have been whatever.

MBTI
    INFJ

Once I get my furniture in a functional setting, which I've usually visualized & decided upon before even putting it in the room, then it stays in place until I change residences.

MBTI
    INFJ

I put a lot of thought into my furniture arrangement. If it doesn't look and feel right, I can't be satisfied with it. It took me about two years before I finally got my living room arranged so it felt right. Once it's right, though, I don't see any reason to move it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Being an INTJ, in my mind, there is one BEST way that the furniture fits or belongs.

I once knew a family who moved their living room furniture around about once every couple of moths. I thought it strange, yet it does give the feeling of a "new" room which is kind of nice also.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I love to move furniture from one place to other until they find their places. Very often they don't so I'll keep moving them. I also love to move things around when there is not enough action in my life. So moving around the furniture brings some feeling of things happening in my life. Not very logical thing to do but fun ...