User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Jumping on the ENFP bandwagon, I would say:

Be honest. Be genuine. Don't say things just to make me feel better... don't give false compliments or try to be nice to me (without REALLY meaning it).

Also: I agree with not assuming you know what I think. You may... but you may not. So don't assume.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

DO:
    #1. Be yourself. I can spot bullshitters/pretenders from a mile away. (If that means you're shy/nerdy- I find that more sexy than a player wannabe). Bonus- speaks volumes for confidence.

2. Engage in dialogue, and be ready for me to psychoanalyze you.

3. Enjoy good laughs/fun. Keep it simple, light-hearted. Just be real.

4. Smile. I love guys who smile.

5. Treat others with respect. I watch like a hawk.

Basically- for me- a guy who knows how to treat others right, who have kind hearts go waay far with me. Those are the types of guys I give my time to.

Do be loving.
    Don't be mean.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ Indeed, I feel you there. I think people get annoyed, consider me not so genuine, etc. but the reality is I'm ever curious about people, especially people that are potentially going to be my friend or in my life.

So I guess to tie this into the thread Don't date an ENFP if you don't want to be forced to answer a million 'personal' questions.

Oh. And I have absolutely no sense of what is 'personal' or not. You have to provide that information.
    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    So true. I just tend to do it when I'm first getting to know someone. I go into journalist/excavationist mode, but it tappers off once I'm clear on who or what I'm dealing with.

I do shy away from deeply personal issues, unless someone has brought my personal life into the conversation. At that point, most everything is game. But I can tell when someone is getting uncomfortable, and I'll drop highly sensitive subjects that seem to make people squirm. I don't like people to dig up painful things from their past at my asking, unless, they've specifically sought me out to unload for whatever reason.
    Maybe the million questions is an NFP thing, I definitely do it too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Do be loving.
    Don't be mean.
    Yes, this goes pretty far too.
    That was SOOOOO Fi I_FP!!!

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Maybe the million questions is an NFP thing, I definitely do it too.
    Do you feel like you know the answers before you ask the questions, or are you asking to verify what you're pretty sure you already know in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Do be loving.
    Don't be mean.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Do you feel like you know the answers before you ask the questions, or are you asking to verify what you're pretty sure you already know in the first place?

I'm probing to learn more about what is beneath the surface. I tend to ask open big-picture questions, or ones that require filling in the details. They usually aren't small nitpicky questions unless I am trying to clarify confusion. "So where did you grow up", "what brought you to Colorado" "what do you think of your degree program here at [school]" "whats the coolest thing you've ever done" "what do you think about___" stuff like that.

Are you a big swami sivananda fan???

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I'm probing to learn more about what is beneath the surface. I tend to ask open big-picture questions, or ones that require filling in the details. They usually aren't small nitpicky questions unless I am trying to clarify confusion. "So where did you grow up", "what brought you to Colorado" "what do you think of your degree program here at [school]" "whats the coolest thing you've ever done" "what do you think about___" stuff like that.
    That's pretty much my style too.

Are you a big swami sivananda fan???
    I love him! So inspirational.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    ESTj

That is one thing that kinda drive me nuts. I sometimes feel like I am under the microscope with my NF. I hate being psychoanalyzed. I am who I am. There is no secret to how I think. I think I am pretty transparent.

Overall I really appreciate her. I can handle a few annoying traits. Really though the annoying stuff is minimal. I do like her honesty and genuineness.
    I am male. Don't hold it against me.

I always thought the be nice to waiters and staff at places was an important one. Seems to get people a long way with me in terms of respect. I think I'd feel uncomfortable dating someone who saw them as below them.

On the questions thing. I think a lot of the time the content is only part of it. It is more to engage so you can read all the other stuff between the lines. And get how they think and what they love.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.