First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    A little, sometimes.

But I'm so lost in my mind that half the time I'm not even aware of enough of myself to be aware that I feel lonely.
    And yet, aren't you also a little too self aware if you are lost inside yourself??

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    And yet, aren't you also a little too self aware if you are lost inside yourself??
    I'm self-aware in the sense of knowing what I'm thinking about or what I'm planning, but I'm not aware of being lonely because that would require me to focus on the present. I can remember what I have felt, and I can anticipate what I will feel, but I'm unaware of what I'm feeling now. I'd need other people around in order to facilitate an awareness of that.

I suppose that I'm lonely, but it's only a guess, an idea. I don't have a point of reference. I think I should feel lonely, but it's possible that I'm not lonely. But regardless of whether I am lonely, I am impaired in my perception by lack of contact with others, so it would be beneficial to change the situation at some point.

Enneagram
    9w8

A moment can occur, after ye've realised that this person is not as perfect as ye thought they were, that they do not embody the ideal you thought they did...

...when they do something that is beautifully ideal in that manner you thought of them, and they did it with all their flaws and lacking qualities intact, and I think that can make it even more amazing - when someone is not at an achieved state of zen or humility but does something in line with that virtue or strength.

I might be entirely off here, it was simply my first thought.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm self-aware in the sense of knowing what I'm thinking about or what I'm planning, but I'm not aware of being lonely because that would require me to focus on the present. I can remember what I have felt, and I can anticipate what I will feel, but I'm unaware of what I'm feeling now. I'd need other people around in order to facilitate an awareness of that.

I suppose that I'm lonely, but it's only a guess, an idea. I don't have a point of reference. I think I should feel lonely, but it's possible that I'm not lonely. But regardless of whether I am lonely, I am impaired in my perception by lack of contact with others, so it would be beneficial to change the situation at some point.
    I would say this qualifies as loneliness.. or at least severe detachment .. most likely caused by loneliness...

Here is an idea for you to ponder.. suppose for a minute that the theory of self dependency is a mirage...And that people actually need each other.. That they are, in fact, dependent on each other.. wouldn't that explain a few things?? and who do you think would facilitate such a situation of disconnection between people and who would benefit from it?

I see you have added to your post..perhaps you knew what I was writing or where I was going to go??.. LOL

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

What are you, No Exit? Are you NF? (Just curious). You sound a bit NT to me.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Winged View Post
    A moment can occur, after ye've realised that this person is not as perfect as ye thought they were, that they do not embody the ideal you thought they did...

...when they do something that is beautifully ideal in that manner you thought of them, and they did it with all their flaws and lacking qualities intact, and I think that can make it even more amazing - when someone is not at an achieved state of zen or humility but does something embodying that virtue or strength.

I might be entirely off here, it was simply my first thought.
    The reality is.. in perfect circumstance, I can be the ideal placed on me.. However circumstance is rarely perfect..So as you say.. Zen is not attained.. So the ideal moments are fleeting and the rest of the time you are left witch circumstance.. I think

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    What are you, No Exit? Are you NF? (Just curious). You sound a bit NT to me.
    I am not sure.. I have been through a roller coaster of emotions the past 2 years, a lot of my pillars of identity have crumbled..(my own doing) and I am lost to who I really I am..

When I first took MBTI.. I scored INTJ... then INTP.. eventually to ISFP and now lately INFP.. I went from type 9 to type 6 to type 4 .. I hope I am being more honest with myself.. It's very obvious I haven't been me for a long time.. I was living very much a shadow of myself..

Enneagram
    9w8

The reality is.. in perfect circumstance, I can be the ideal placed on me.. However circumstance is rarely perfect..So as you say.. Zen is not attained.. So the ideal moments are fleeting and the rest of the time you are left witch circumstance.. I think
    What? No.

I am saying that ye realise that perfection is indeed practically impossible, yes - but that the things people can do when you do believe something about them to such a degree can be admirable and just as beautiful. Expecting your version of perfection is oftentimes a form of self-sabotage - it may very well not be fulfilled because you are still stuck in your head, not actually seeing the person in front of ye and the wonderful things they actually can and might do in your life. Idealism blinds ye to the daily beauty that is its real life equal.

Losing idealism - whether tied to a person or ideal - does not mean one has to give up positive thinking in turn for only the cold, hard, grey side of daily life.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I am not sure.. I have been through a roller coaster of emotions the past 2 years, a lot of my pillars of identity have crumbled..(my own doing) and I am lost to who I really I am..

When I first took MBTI.. I scored INTJ... then INTP.. eventually to ISFP and now lately INFP.. I went from type 9 to type 6 to type 4 .. I hope I am being more honest with myself.. It's very obvious I haven't been me for a long time.. I was living very much a shadow of myself..
    Oh... Sorry to hear that. But you are very rational, I think. I would go for INT, reading your answers. INTJ, even.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Winged View Post
    What? No.

I am saying that ye realise that perfection is indeed practically impossible, yes - but that the things people can do when you do believe something about them to such a degreee can be admirable and just as beautiful. Perfection (in its ideal state) is boring - it may very well not be fulfilled because you are still stuck in your head, not actually seeing the person in front of ye and the wonderful things they actually can and might do in your life. Idealism blinds ye to the daily beauty that is its real life equal.

Losing idealism - whether tied to a person or ideal - does not mean one has to give up positive thinking in turn for only the cold, hard, grey expanse of daily life.
    Ok that is more clear.. and I agree wholly..
    To me, The ideal is love itself.. not the person..
    No person can live up to an ideal, except to themselves perhaps..
    But people can fit into the ideal of love and still be who they are, if the ideal of love is real..
    know what i mean?