User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default INFJ - Question about your inner monolouge

Last edited by Shinzon; 01-30-2008 at 11:32 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes. I chat with people all the time in my head, and they chat back... But it's useful for figuring out things, and trying to understand how that specific person might react. (I seem to mentally recreate them in my head based on what I know of them in real life, and it does give me a sense of how they might respond to something.) I feel kind of bad sometimes, though, because I'll ramble until the mental someone's ear falls off...I feel a little guilty about not shutting up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I do it all the time. Sometimes to the point that I forget I haven't talked to the actual person and, especially in cases of emails, etc, forget that I still owe them a reply.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I chat with people in my head sometimes, but the main way I think through problems is by writing letters.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Last edited by Shinzon; 01-30-2008 at 11:32 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I sometimes imagine conversations and replies with both real and fictional people. Often, there's even a divide/conflict between three different parts of myself.

Each part is symbolized by various archetypes.

One often appears as Alice from "Alice in Wonderland," or a younger version of myself.

Another one of them often manifest as C3-P0, a British Redcoat, or a Secretary.

The last one often manifests as a Vulcan, a Scientist in a lab coat, or an Electrician.

I can often imagine/guess what a person is going to say before they say it, but not every nuance of it, and sometimes I'm wrong altogether.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

maybe this is an Ni dominant thing? I do this all the time.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ

My inner monologue involves me, my voice of reason, and my conscience, aka the part that makes me feel guilty for not taking on all the problems of others around me--or at least attempting to. Sometimes I have wars going on in my head.

MBTI
    Infx

Wow, so I'm not the only one either!

I do this almost constantly. My coworkers catch a glimpse of my face while I'm doing it now and again and ask me about it. XD (Just happened tonight as a matter of fact.) What's bad is when it's an angry thought and they think I just gave them a death glare for no reason. lol!

I can totally sympathize with cafe about forgetting to do/say things because you already did in your head!

Talking really does help me get my thoughts in order, and I'm so glad I have someone that I can bounce ideas off of and he understands me well enough to know it's just that. So many of my other friends think I'm becoming obsessive or ranting or am gonna make a crazy decision, or take offense to something, when really I'm just thinking about possibilities out loud. writing works just as well.

I used to write out conversations between parts of myself, similar to what some of the others mentioned. It really helped me figure out my problems. There were a handful, but the four main ones were Rach, Rachel, Roxi and Rai-chan. What I came to realize after about three years of doing this was that they represented my soul, mind, body and the stress that would knock them off balance, respectively. It was a neat revelation, and ever since then, I haven't really been able to use that technique as I think I was finally able to integrate them into myself rather than as separate entities battling in my mind.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    enfj

Wow Yah us loony infj's. ok unlike the the original poster these internal conversations are 2 sided. I ask and then, imagine and "hear" a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    maybe this is an Ni dominant thing? I do this all the time.
    I think so.