User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

*Skips reading posts to beat the Corpsehorse some more*

I think I've always rehearsed scenarios in my head when I'm unsure of what to do. It gives me a game plan for what could happen. It would really help my writing if I was more willing to imagine conflict in the scenarios.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Yes. I chat with people all the time in my head, and they chat back... But it's useful for figuring out things, and trying to understand how that specific person might react. (I seem to mentally recreate them in my head based on what I know of them in real life, and it does give me a sense of how they might respond to something.) I feel kind of bad sometimes, though, because I'll ramble until the mental someone's ear falls off...I feel a little guilty about not shutting up.
    I sometimes forget whether or not I remembered to tell the person, since the conversation already took place in my head...lol
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    You should hear my internal monologue when driving:

"Omg, omg... Ah! Sharp right turn, quick! Not going to make it, not going to make it... going to die... AHHHHH! Alright, I'm here. Oh! I'm ten minutes early too. <3"

I'm a nervous driver. O_O
    lmao... You are not alone.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^^Ha! i agree, but must also confess that people can often hear my inner dialog if standing close enough. I have a bad habit of talking to myself.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Lmao... Me too

MBTI
    INFP

"Dwigie what are you doing? Put that down and get to work.How can you be whining about things not getting done when you procrastinate like that!Psh! Move it!
    but....that.
    No buts!
    There...there we go. That's better"
    This is what goes on my head before I get to do anything requiring more than ten minutes of concentration or physical stamina.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm, speaking tangentially of internal dialogues...

Does any one ever wonder, as they are walking amongst the populace, if other people can hear their thoughts?

Not because they are speaking them, but as if...I don't know...other people could somehow pick up, peripherially, what was going on inside your head. Like when you're in between radio stations and you sometimes get one station coming in clear and another one just in the background full of static and just barely audible.

I know it's an irrational kind of concern, but it does bother me from time to time. It's in part why I listen to music so much when walking (aside from simply enjoying it)...it makes me feel like if anyone could perceive anything, it would be the music and not what I'm thinking or imagining.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Hmm, speaking tangentially of internal dialogues...

Does any one ever wonder, as they are walking amongst the populace, if other people can hear their thoughts?

Not because they are speaking them, but as if...I don't know...other people could somehow pick up, peripherally, what was going on inside your head. Like when you're in between radio stations and you sometimes get one station coming in clear and another one just in the background full of static and just barely audible.

I know it's an irrational kind of concern, but it does bother me from time to time. It's in part why I listen to music so much when walking (aside from simply enjoying it)...it makes me feel like if anyone could perceive anything, it would be the music and not what I'm thinking or imagining.
    I have to admit, this is kind of a fear/secret desire of mine. It'd be cool to feel like someone really "got" me, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth it (at least to that extent), so I think it's mostly a fear.
    Last edited by something boring; 03-12-2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: some other stuff.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/2
    Socionics
    INFx

I do do this, however, I haven't really personified the different voices.

I usually just break down a scenario or a problem in my head. At first I deal with my subjective self and then pretend I were another personality and how I would feel in that same scenario.

It all happens at once really all together and the questions I ask myself happen in seconds and I just gauge the feeling of what feels right depending on the personality I embodied in the scenario.

I do do the talking out loud, having a dream about something and thinking it happened, and the thinking about something that I thought I had done it. It happened recently and I happen to be late on rent alot even though I have the money to be on time. I guess you would call it your brain skipping a beat, writing a check for something irrelevantly associated with rent, then thinking about it, and somehow it mentally gets checked off the list as being paid on time

Oops.
    His form has passed away, he has become a mirror: naught is there but the image of another's face.

( I ) 3%, ( N ) 59%, ( F ) 26%, ( J ) 16%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/2
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by something boring View Post
    I have to admit, this is kind of a fear/secret desire of mine. It'd be cool to feel like someone really "got" me, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth it (at least to that extent), so I think it's mostly a fear.
    I find this usually happens when I am playing a scenario in front of someone which in affect breeds the outcome I do not want.

Like thinking someone thinks something of me, OR that I feel a certain way towards something, has made them respond to thinking that I think something poorly of them in kind, or that I actually feel that way or am untrustworthy in kind. I don't know how else to say it, it's very awkward experience.

It also happens when people think they know what I'm thinking when I was simply thinking for them and it has carried across my face in some manner that they think I'm lying when I said I am not a certain way I've been described.

Ehh, don't know if I'm striking any ground. Oh well I tried.
    His form has passed away, he has become a mirror: naught is there but the image of another's face.

( I ) 3%, ( N ) 59%, ( F ) 26%, ( J ) 16%