• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ - Question about your inner monolouge

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
*Skips reading posts to beat the Corpsehorse some more*

I think I've always rehearsed scenarios in my head when I'm unsure of what to do. It gives me a game plan for what could happen. It would really help my writing if I was more willing to imagine conflict in the scenarios.

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. I chat with people all the time in my head, and they chat back... But it's useful for figuring out things, and trying to understand how that specific person might react. (I seem to mentally recreate them in my head based on what I know of them in real life, and it does give me a sense of how they might respond to something.) I feel kind of bad sometimes, though, because I'll ramble until the mental someone's ear falls off...I feel a little guilty about not shutting up.

I sometimes forget whether or not I remembered to tell the person, since the conversation already took place in my head...lol

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
You should hear my internal monologue when driving:

"Omg, omg... Ah! Sharp right turn, quick! Not going to make it, not going to make it... going to die... AHHHHH! Alright, I'm here. Oh! I'm ten minutes early too. <3"

I'm a nervous driver. O_O

lmao... You are not alone. :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^Ha! i agree, but must also confess that people can often hear my inner dialog if standing close enough. I have a bad habit of talking to myself. :blush:

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
"Dwigie what are you doing? Put that down and get to work.How can you be whining about things not getting done when you procrastinate like that!Psh! Move it!
but....that.
No buts!
There...there we go. That's better"
This is what goes on my head before I get to do anything requiring more than ten minutes of concentration or physical stamina.:laugh:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, speaking tangentially of internal dialogues...

Does any one ever wonder, as they are walking amongst the populace, if other people can hear their thoughts?

Not because they are speaking them, but as if...I don't know...other people could somehow pick up, peripherially, what was going on inside your head. Like when you're in between radio stations and you sometimes get one station coming in clear and another one just in the background full of static and just barely audible.

I know it's an irrational kind of concern, but it does bother me from time to time. It's in part why I listen to music so much when walking (aside from simply enjoying it)...it makes me feel like if anyone could perceive anything, it would be the music and not what I'm thinking or imagining.

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, speaking tangentially of internal dialogues...

Does any one ever wonder, as they are walking amongst the populace, if other people can hear their thoughts?

Not because they are speaking them, but as if...I don't know...other people could somehow pick up, peripherally, what was going on inside your head. Like when you're in between radio stations and you sometimes get one station coming in clear and another one just in the background full of static and just barely audible.

I know it's an irrational kind of concern, but it does bother me from time to time. It's in part why I listen to music so much when walking (aside from simply enjoying it)...it makes me feel like if anyone could perceive anything, it would be the music and not what I'm thinking or imagining.

I have to admit, this is kind of a fear/secret desire of mine. It'd be cool to feel like someone really "got" me, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth it (at least to that extent), so I think it's mostly a fear.

Last edited:

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
I do do this, however, I haven't really personified the different voices.

I usually just break down a scenario or a problem in my head. At first I deal with my subjective self and then pretend I were another personality and how I would feel in that same scenario.

It all happens at once really all together and the questions I ask myself happen in seconds and I just gauge the feeling of what feels right depending on the personality I embodied in the scenario.

I do do the talking out loud, having a dream about something and thinking it happened, and the thinking about something that I thought I had done it. It happened recently and I happen to be late on rent alot even though I have the money to be on time. I guess you would call it your brain skipping a beat, writing a check for something irrelevantly associated with rent, then thinking about it, and somehow it mentally gets checked off the list as being paid on time :)

Oops.

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
I have to admit, this is kind of a fear/secret desire of mine. It'd be cool to feel like someone really "got" me, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth it (at least to that extent), so I think it's mostly a fear.

I find this usually happens when I am playing a scenario in front of someone which in affect breeds the outcome I do not want.

Like thinking someone thinks something of me, OR that I feel a certain way towards something, has made them respond to thinking that I think something poorly of them in kind, or that I actually feel that way or am untrustworthy in kind. I don't know how else to say it, it's very awkward experience.

It also happens when people think they know what I'm thinking when I was simply thinking for them and it has carried across my face in some manner that they think I'm lying when I said I am not a certain way I've been described.

Ehh, don't know if I'm striking any ground. Oh well I tried.

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
Or, maybe I'd just feel the way other people appear to when they realize I have just accurately read what they were thinking, despite their efforts to hide it. That "get out of my head" look...I don't think I have felt that very many times, if any...

Last edited: