User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I will procrastinate when it's something I simply don't want to do...typically it's a task that I find tedious or annoying. Once I finally kick myself in the ass to do it, though, I'm able to focus and get it done.

Otherwise, to others, I probably seem to procrastinate or 'stall' when it comes to larger things in life; I will be immobilized or inert. From my perspective, this isn't exactly procrastinating, because it usually means I don't know WHAT to do, so I am mulling things over in my mind, or I am unable to choose from a variety of options...which usually means I don't care for any of the options that I see, so am sitting tight to try to adjust my perspective on things so that I am finally able to select one of the options, or I am hoping I'll eventually come up with an option I haven't thought of yet.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I am a terrible procrastinator. I don't think this website is going to make it any easier to change, haha. I think us NF's procrastinate the most because we are too busy dreaming about other things we could be doing. I also have an acute inability to judge how long a project will take. I keep pushing it back further and further until I have almost reached the deadline and then I'm super stressed. It's almost like I need that stress to get motivated to do things I do feel like doing.
    What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

This is a P thing and has nothing to do with N or F.

NFPs procrastinate a lot because they're Ps, but so do NTPs, SFPs, and STPs. The N and F are irrelevant.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    This is a P thing and has nothing to do with N or F.

NFPs procrastinate a lot because they're Ps, but so do NTPs, SFPs, and STPs. The N and F are irrelevant.
    Those bastards, picking on us NFs! :steam:
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Also, in my experience NFJs are not habitual procrastinators and tend to get annoyed with those who are.

Yet another reason Keirsey's NF and NT temperaments are retarded. NFP and NFJ are incredibly different animals that don't belong in the same group (same for NTP/NTJ.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, I relate to most of that, along with "simply not caring".

Procrastinating also stems from my weird idea of what is efficient. I know that if I am not in the right frame of mind, it will take me longer to accomplish something and I'll probably not do it as well. If I wait until the lightening strikes, then I'll do it both fast and well without wasting time just hitting my head against the wall. In the meantime, I can goof off and have fun doing what I want to do .

I know Js who procrastinate also. My ISFJ mom can put things off that need to be done for a long time. We seem to have different priorities, which makes us clash when it comes to our procrastinating. I think part of it is that she likes to plan and schedule everything (and until she can do that, she puts it off), and once I decide to do it, I do it NOW, with no need to plan ahead.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I procrastinate because I like it. When I'm procrastinating, a lot of people get angry with me and I like that thrill. Their anger is like a rollercoaster or a scary thriller to me. It gives me adrenaline. It wakes me up way better than coffee or Red Bull. It boosts my ego. How many do I have to say it? I just think I really really like it! It's an addiction! Woohoo! In short: I like procrastinating because it gives me attention and I'm an attention whore.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I'll put off work until I'm in the right mood to plough all the way through it. If I don't find it personally interesting or it seems too much like "work," the chances of me not starting until the last minute are very, very, very high. I try to finish important tasks by the deadline though. Lack of motivation/energy is the main culprit for my procrastination.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Usually for me it is when I am not sure how to go at something or not convinced that in the end I can do as good a job of it as I want to. For example, I am procrastinating at getting my report card marks done because I haven't decided how to allocate marks for something, and I'm also not sure what to do about those people that haven't handed things in and I've never done report cards on this system before. Therefore, it seems like there are hordes of steps involved, a lot of tedious work, and it worried me that something may be lost somewhere besides. (Maybe an element of head in the sand syndrome). I'm okay though once I get going. It's the spectre of how it's going to be more than the actual doing of it.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I will procrastinate when it's something I simply don't want to do...typically it's a task that I find tedious or annoying. Once I finally kick myself in the ass to do it, though, I'm able to focus and get it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Lack of motivation/energy is the main culprit for my procrastination.
    +1

I can procrastinate like no other but I can also pick myself up and force myself to do things. I usually never let things get to that very last minute because I already know that then I might not do the thing that needs to be finished. Fortunately I mostly tend to learn from unwise decisions made in the past.