User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: An ENFP oddity.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default An ENFP oddity.

Well, as I'm sure some of you know often the ENFP is said to get along well with fellow ENFPs. I on the other hand have met three of my male-counterparts and so far cannot stand them... does this make any sense?
    I am yet to meet another female ENFP like myself, so I cannot judge as to whether or not we would agree on any level. But it seems to me that my nearest and dearest friends are all INTJs or INTPs, I speak to very few of any other type.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Fret not. I'm a male ENFP and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be bff with most ENFPs out there.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Ahh, but you might be surprised. I was quite happy to meet my friend Isaac when I found that he was also an ENFP, but found out quite shortly afterwards that he was an annoyingly emotional person that I had no patience for... so I must wonder, does this mean I haven't any patience for myself?
    I guess I should check up on the percentages, perhaps he just much more feeling than I.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Gin-raine View Post
    Ahh, but you might be surprised. I was quite happy to meet my friend Isaac when I found that he was also an ENFP, but found out quite shortly afterwards that he was an annoyingly emotional person that I had no patience for... so I must wonder, does this mean I haven't any patience for myself?
    I guess I should check up on the percentages, perhaps he just much more feeling than I.
    Are you saying that you are an annoyingly emotional person? It seems like people who aren't that emotional would get more annoyed at more emotional people, in general.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Hello. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow oddity.

But it seems to me that my nearest and dearest friends are all INTJs or INTPs, I speak to very few of any other type.
    Disturbing. Verrrrrry disturbing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

BlackCat, I'm not sure if I am, I don't believe we can judge ourselves on such matters.

Javo, disturbing... how so?
    "If A is a success in life then X+Y+Z=A. X is work, Y is play and Z is keeping your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

(I think Javo was joking...are you sure you're an ENFP, or might you venture into the TP category?)
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Oh no, I'm certainly an ENF, the only thing that changes with me (depending on my mood of course) is whether or not I'm a P or a J. It seems to me and my INTJ-P friends that I am usually an ENFP.
    "If A is a success in life then X+Y+Z=A. X is work, Y is play and Z is keeping your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

How funny. My closest friends are: INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ISFJ. I have yet to make another ENFP female friend IRL. I met some in my psychology class (we were required to take the test), and those chicks seem cool.

Beyond MBTI, there are various factors that determine whether or not there's chemistry- background, values, similar interests, yada yada.. Maybe that's where the conflict lies?

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't think so. People associate being emotional with being an F but I see being "emotional" (at least how the word is usually used) as having problems communicating feelings. Which to me sounds like unhealthy behavior for an F.

But then again overly emotional people tend to stay away from me for the most part (it's only when I go ahead and approach those people by my own volition that we get a chance to talk).

As far as patience goes I think it's all a matter of how you present yourself. I don't let people get too comfortable with me in the beginning so they learn better than to minigun me with their emotions.