• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] An ENFP oddity.

Gin-raine

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well, as I'm sure some of you know often the ENFP is said to get along well with fellow ENFPs. I on the other hand have met three of my male-counterparts and so far cannot stand them... does this make any sense?
I am yet to meet another female ENFP like myself, so I cannot judge as to whether or not we would agree on any level. But it seems to me that my nearest and dearest friends are all INTJs or INTPs, I speak to very few of any other type.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Fret not. I'm a male ENFP and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be bff with most ENFPs out there.

Gin-raine

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ahh, but you might be surprised. I was quite happy to meet my friend Isaac when I found that he was also an ENFP, but found out quite shortly afterwards that he was an annoyingly emotional person that I had no patience for... so I must wonder, does this mean I haven't any patience for myself?
I guess I should check up on the percentages, perhaps he just much more feeling than I.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahh, but you might be surprised. I was quite happy to meet my friend Isaac when I found that he was also an ENFP, but found out quite shortly afterwards that he was an annoyingly emotional person that I had no patience for... so I must wonder, does this mean I haven't any patience for myself?
I guess I should check up on the percentages, perhaps he just much more feeling than I.

Are you saying that you are an annoyingly emotional person? It seems like people who aren't that emotional would get more annoyed at more emotional people, in general.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Hello. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow oddity. :D

But it seems to me that my nearest and dearest friends are all INTJs or INTPs, I speak to very few of any other type.
Disturbing. Verrrrrry disturbing. :ninja:

:D

Gin-raine

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
BlackCat, I'm not sure if I am, I don't believe we can judge ourselves on such matters.

Javo, disturbing... how so?

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
(I think Javo was joking...are you sure you're an ENFP, or might you venture into the TP category?)

Gin-raine

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Oh no, I'm certainly an ENF, the only thing that changes with me (depending on my mood of course) is whether or not I'm a P or a J. It seems to me and my INTJ-P friends that I am usually an ENFP.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
How funny. My closest friends are: INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ISFJ. I have yet to make another ENFP female friend IRL. I met some in my psychology class (we were required to take the test), and those chicks seem cool.

Beyond MBTI, there are various factors that determine whether or not there's chemistry- background, values, similar interests, yada yada.. Maybe that's where the conflict lies?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

I don't think so. People associate being emotional with being an F but I see being "emotional" (at least how the word is usually used) as having problems communicating feelings. Which to me sounds like unhealthy behavior for an F.

But then again overly emotional people tend to stay away from me for the most part (it's only when I go ahead and approach those people by my own volition that we get a chance to talk).

As far as patience goes I think it's all a matter of how you present yourself. I don't let people get too comfortable with me in the beginning so they learn better than to minigun me with their emotions.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ENFPs are not required to like other ENFPs as part of their ENFP rating.

EnFpFer once said that maybe ENFPs are alphas, and I think she might be right. I've really enjoyed getting to know some ENFPs on this forum though :wubbie:

Welcome!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

EnFpFer once said that maybe ENFPs are alphas, and I think she might be right. I've really enjoyed getting to know some ENFPs on this forum though :wubbie:

Welcome!

NFPs are deltas, according to Socionics.

Alphas are NTPs and SFJs, apparently.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'd say check up on your perceptions of what constitutes being overly emotional--there's a good chance they're tailored to preserving a "NOT overly emotional!" image of yourself.

Gin-raine

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I gave up on trying to get anyone thinking I am or am not emotional a long time ago, probably around the time my mother told me I was a drama-queen and I decided to quit trying to not be emotional... she seems to think I'm quite normal now, haha.

I tend to lead my INTJ friends but follow behind my INTP friends, although I don't know about INTP women as there don't seem to be many of those in my area. But my best friend is a female INTJ and one of our close friend is a male.

This is not to say that I can't get along with other types, just that it takes more work on both of our parts to agree or get along.

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't know any ENFPs either, but honestly, I couldn't see myself becoming really good friends with someone who is similar to me. I think we would get on each others nerves a lot and never be able to decide what to do and get "weird" vibes from each other. My closest friends are INTJ, INFJ, ISTP, ENFJ. The people that seem to bother me the most are really loud, in your face kind of people that don't realize they're being extremely annoying and always want to tell you that you're wrong and argue with you. I'm going to guess those are usually ESTx types? I don't know.

Gin-raine

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ah yes, my friend is an ENTx and he is extremely loud and it is impossible for me to ever be right. I actually rarely hang out with him now because I found it so aggravating.

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've known quite a lot of fellow ENFPs, and I've generally liked them all. But one thing I've noticed is that we're all quite different. I would guess it boils down to the fact that this Jungian stuff is really about temperaments, not personalities. We're all unique.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I think I would be intimidated if I met myself.
:peepwall:

:run:

EnFpFer once said that maybe ENFPs are alphas, and I think she might be right. I've really enjoyed getting to know some ENFPs on this forum though
Agreed.