• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] An ENFP oddity.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've known quite a lot of fellow ENFPs, and I've generally liked them all. But one thing I've noticed is that we're all quite different. I would guess it boils down to the fact that this Jungian stuff is really about temperaments, not personalities. We're all unique.

that's what i was going to say. it's still pretty recent that i discovered my own type and much more so knowing anyone else's but have found out that i actually know quite a few and we always seem to click immediately and have a really comforting sort of at ease relationship and very protective of one another but i will say...besides that sort of empathetic caring protective way we are towards others we're not that much alike...personality wise. i mean really...people would describe me much differently that they would some of the enfp people i know.

i think some totally rub people the wrong way...not me though i'm the cool kind...haha...welcome. :smile:

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
*poke*

Sissy!

:alttongue:

Don't call me a sissy, SISSY! :harhar:

4093748655_633b0054fe.jpg

ROAR!

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
/me runs after Biaxident to give him a big fuzzy hug but he's disappeared under the porch. Poor wittle guy...

4093748683_88a0d24133_o.jpg

yes, I can't resist these photos I stumbled upon...:wubbie:

Snow of the North

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If I met a male version of myself, I'd do unspeakable things to him ;) and fall in love of course.

If I met a female version of myself, a fight to the death it is.

Dailtone

MBTI Type
ENFP
I cant think of any other ENFPs that I know in RL, male or female.

If I met another ENFP like myself, I'd certainly find him or her at the very least interesting, and at the very worst, annoying. But since we'd both respect each others need for space, I think it could actually be enjoyable.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I found one online (that I work with and have met in real life). She is annoying but wonderful. It's an interesting combo. I tried to convince her she was ENFJ before I admitted to her ENFP that she tested to on different online tests.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know one other female ENFP. She's one of my friends and we share a ton of interests. However, I do find myself sometimes rolling my eyes at her, and I wouldn't constantly hang out with her. On the other hand, the times we go silly streak together are just awesome, especially if our INTJ SO's are there to just stare at us in confusion :D

As for male ones, haven't met one irl yet, I think. I don't...vibe with them that much. As in, there's no real attraction there. Male enfps tend to be, from what I've seen, very like us, and yet significantly different. There are some I consider partners in crime, as with the female ones on here (ENFP-coalitions rule to gang up on someone :D), but usually there is not that much common ground as with the female ones.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I love the ENFPs on here.:wubbie:
IRL, my experience with the one ENFP gal I knew was hilarious. Granted, we were teenagers, but wow was there a real undertone of competition between us. It was like we were mentally encircling each other, frequently sizing each other up.:yim_rolling_on_the_We were still friendly to each other, but there was a lot of unspoken territorialism. Our friend group looked almost exactly the same: same number of guys and gals, very similar mix of personality types, and our relationship to the group was the same. It was eery. She was queen of her group, and I was the queen of mine, so we didn't cross each other.:D We've spoken recently and confirmed that we both felt the same way, and laughed out loud about it.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not sure if I know(or have ever known) an ENFP in person.

I believe that the ENFPs on this forum (myself included) can be generally described as very outspoken and highly individualistic.

Those are great qualities, of course, but I think they can often cause the ENFP (myself included) to be intense, stubborn, argumentative, difficult, touchy, and easily provoked.

So, basically I feel a deep-level respect and kinship with other ENFPs, but I often clash with them on a basic interpersonal level.

Overall, I tend to get along with female ENFPs more than male ENFPs, though there are a couple of exceptions.

EDIT:

The more I think about it, I'm actually sort of indifferent to male ENFPs.

And the main gripe I have with some of the female ENFPs is either (what I perceive to be) an overemphasis of Te or (what I perceive to be) an overemphasis of Se.

An overly argumentative female ENFP just rubs me the wrong way, as does an overly flirty and frivolous one.

Both seem fake to me.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I love the ENFPs on here.:wubbie:
IRL, my experience with the one ENFP gal I knew was hilarious. Granted, we were teenagers, but wow was there a real undertone of competition between us. It was like we were mentally encircling each other, frequently sizing each other up.:yim_rolling_on_the_We were still friendly to each other, but there was a lot of unspoken territorialism. Our friend group looked almost exactly the same: same number of guys and gals, very similar mix of personality types, and our relationship to the group was the same. It was eery. She was queen of her group, and I was the queen of mine, so we didn't cross each other.:D We've spoken recently and confirmed that we both felt the same way, and laughed out loud about it.

It sounds kind of like an ENFP-ESFP dynamic.

Do you think she might possibly be ESFP?

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Really? She tested as an ENFP, but I haven't tried to type her myself. What makes you think that?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Really? She tested as an ENFP, but I haven't tried to type her myself. What makes you think that?

I was just saying that the relationship you described reminds me of an ENFP-ESFP dynamic, and wondering if you thought she might possibly be ESFP, rather than ENFP.

It was nothing serious, just a curiosity.

I'm just noticing relationship patterns and trying to see what, if any, meaning can be drawn from them.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What do you think ENFP:ENFP dynamic would be?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
What do you think ENFP:ENFP dynamic would be?

This isn't conclusive in any way, but so far my impression/hypothesis is that the more alike the two ENFPs are, the more indifferent they will tend to be toward each other.

If two ENFPs experience/perceive themselves to be significantly different from each other, they will tend to be either drawn to or repelled by each other.

That's all I have at this point in time, but I will probably explore it more.

Again, its only an initial impression/hypothesis, and definitely not conclusive in any way.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I was just saying that the relationship you described reminds me of an ENFP-ESFP dynamic, and wondering if you thought she might possibly be ESFP, rather than ENFP.

It was nothing serious, just a curiosity.

I'm just noticing relationship patterns and trying to see what, if any, meaning can be drawn from them.
I'm not sure. I don't know much about the general dynamic. I have close relationships with ESFPs. Is the ESFP-ENFP often socially competitive?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to say that I kinda see where Wonka is going based on personal experience. I had that dynamic (without the groupleader thing though :D) with an ESFP. God, I miss her. She was the only one that didn't look either shocked, disapprovingly or weirdly at me blurting out something utterly crazy but actually went: ohhhhhh we sooo have t odo that and add this to it, let's go!!!!'

I love her. Sigh. I *miss* her. Only woman who's never felt uncomfortable near me and could take my entire crazy personality and go with it, that I know of.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not sure. I don't know much about the general dynamic. I have close relationships with ESFPs. Is the ESFP-ENFP often socially competitive?

Not to my knowledge, as in, I haven't read that or heard that anywhere.

But that and other things you described all together remind me of some general impressions/patterns I've noticed between ENFPs and ESFPs.

This idea isn't fully formed in my mind, so I'm just kind of "fishing" at the moment, if that makes sense. :thinking:

Basically, I think ENFPs and ESFPs can be deceptively similar, or at least get along really well, but still have some kind of underlying (mostly unconscious) competition going on.

But that's mostly speculation at this point--no hard evidence or anything.

Gin-raine

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Haha, I'm glad I got onto this forum all of you are very amusing and Wonka you especially intrigue me. Most male ENFPs that I have met are significantly different from you and now I'm starting to think perhaps it is possible for me to get along with one!

Like I said earlier I don't think I've ever met a female ENFP in real life so I can't judge how either of us would react. As for getting along with another woman and her being full comfortable with who I am and how I act I DO have that. She is actually an INTJ, but she's also grown up around me so that may have been the factor that allows us to mesh so well.

But, my brother and I cannot stand eachother at all and he is an INTP, I get along with a select group of INTPs and find them interesting and quite attractive but also find them to be empathetically challenged jerks. My INTP brother is best friends with an INTJ like me, I find it odd that we are both so drawn to the same personality type but are yet so different.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, I'm glad I got onto this forum all of you are very amusing and Wonka you especially intrigue me. Most male ENFPs that I have met are significantly different from you and now I'm starting to think perhaps it is possible for me to get along with one!

Like I said earlier I don't think I've ever met a female ENFP in real life so I can't judge how either of us would react. As for getting along with another woman and her being full comfortable with who I am and how I act I DO have that. She is actually an INTJ, but she's also grown up around me so that may have been the factor that allows us to mesh so well.

But, my brother and I cannot stand eachother at all and he is an INTP, I get along with a select group of INTPs and find them interesting and quite attractive but also find them to be empathetically challenged jerks. My INTP brother is best friends with an INTJ like me, I find it odd that we are both so drawn to the same personality type but are yet so different.

My INTJ's best buddy is an INTP he met through me. INTX+ENFX= awesome. Just the way it works. Also, INTs tend to enjoy challenging each other intellectually, testing who can upstage the other. They'll do the same with us, but on other topics and in a more lighthearted, fun type way, ime.