MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I love the ENFPs on here.
    IRL, my experience with the one ENFP gal I knew was hilarious. Granted, we were teenagers, but wow was there a real undertone of competition between us. It was like we were mentally encircling each other, frequently sizing each other up.:yim_rolling_on_the_We were still friendly to each other, but there was a lot of unspoken territorialism. Our friend group looked almost exactly the same: same number of guys and gals, very similar mix of personality types, and our relationship to the group was the same. It was eery. She was queen of her group, and I was the queen of mine, so we didn't cross each other. We've spoken recently and confirmed that we both felt the same way, and laughed out loud about it.
    It sounds kind of like an ENFP-ESFP dynamic.

Do you think she might possibly be ESFP?

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Really? She tested as an ENFP, but I haven't tried to type her myself. What makes you think that?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Really? She tested as an ENFP, but I haven't tried to type her myself. What makes you think that?
    I was just saying that the relationship you described reminds me of an ENFP-ESFP dynamic, and wondering if you thought she might possibly be ESFP, rather than ENFP.

It was nothing serious, just a curiosity.

I'm just noticing relationship patterns and trying to see what, if any, meaning can be drawn from them.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

What do you think ENFP:ENFP dynamic would be?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    What do you think ENFP:ENFP dynamic would be?
    This isn't conclusive in any way, but so far my impression/hypothesis is that the more alike the two ENFPs are, the more indifferent they will tend to be toward each other.

If two ENFPs experience/perceive themselves to be significantly different from each other, they will tend to be either drawn to or repelled by each other.

That's all I have at this point in time, but I will probably explore it more.

Again, its only an initial impression/hypothesis, and definitely not conclusive in any way.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    I was just saying that the relationship you described reminds me of an ENFP-ESFP dynamic, and wondering if you thought she might possibly be ESFP, rather than ENFP.

It was nothing serious, just a curiosity.

I'm just noticing relationship patterns and trying to see what, if any, meaning can be drawn from them.
    I'm not sure. I don't know much about the general dynamic. I have close relationships with ESFPs. Is the ESFP-ENFP often socially competitive?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I have to say that I kinda see where Wonka is going based on personal experience. I had that dynamic (without the groupleader thing though ) with an ESFP. God, I miss her. She was the only one that didn't look either shocked, disapprovingly or weirdly at me blurting out something utterly crazy but actually went: ohhhhhh we sooo have t odo that and add this to it, let's go!!!!'

I love her. Sigh. I *miss* her. Only woman who's never felt uncomfortable near me and could take my entire crazy personality and go with it, that I know of.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm not sure. I don't know much about the general dynamic. I have close relationships with ESFPs. Is the ESFP-ENFP often socially competitive?
    Not to my knowledge, as in, I haven't read that or heard that anywhere.

But that and other things you described all together remind me of some general impressions/patterns I've noticed between ENFPs and ESFPs.

This idea isn't fully formed in my mind, so I'm just kind of "fishing" at the moment, if that makes sense.

Basically, I think ENFPs and ESFPs can be deceptively similar, or at least get along really well, but still have some kind of underlying (mostly unconscious) competition going on.

But that's mostly speculation at this point--no hard evidence or anything.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Haha, I'm glad I got onto this forum all of you are very amusing and Wonka you especially intrigue me. Most male ENFPs that I have met are significantly different from you and now I'm starting to think perhaps it is possible for me to get along with one!

Like I said earlier I don't think I've ever met a female ENFP in real life so I can't judge how either of us would react. As for getting along with another woman and her being full comfortable with who I am and how I act I DO have that. She is actually an INTJ, but she's also grown up around me so that may have been the factor that allows us to mesh so well.

But, my brother and I cannot stand eachother at all and he is an INTP, I get along with a select group of INTPs and find them interesting and quite attractive but also find them to be empathetically challenged jerks. My INTP brother is best friends with an INTJ like me, I find it odd that we are both so drawn to the same personality type but are yet so different.
    "If A is a success in life then X+Y+Z=A. X is work, Y is play and Z is keeping your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Gin-raine View Post
    Haha, I'm glad I got onto this forum all of you are very amusing and Wonka you especially intrigue me. Most male ENFPs that I have met are significantly different from you and now I'm starting to think perhaps it is possible for me to get along with one!

Like I said earlier I don't think I've ever met a female ENFP in real life so I can't judge how either of us would react. As for getting along with another woman and her being full comfortable with who I am and how I act I DO have that. She is actually an INTJ, but she's also grown up around me so that may have been the factor that allows us to mesh so well.

But, my brother and I cannot stand eachother at all and he is an INTP, I get along with a select group of INTPs and find them interesting and quite attractive but also find them to be empathetically challenged jerks. My INTP brother is best friends with an INTJ like me, I find it odd that we are both so drawn to the same personality type but are yet so different.
    My INTJ's best buddy is an INTP he met through me. INTX+ENFX= awesome. Just the way it works. Also, INTs tend to enjoy challenging each other intellectually, testing who can upstage the other. They'll do the same with us, but on other topics and in a more lighthearted, fun type way, ime.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”