• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] High Ne, Low Ni

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Is this even possible?

Is it possible to have Ni and simply not understand it to the point of discounting it?

Would this affect the "message" of Ne?

And would you be inclined to over develop your Se and Si to compensate??

Any insight would be appreciated :yes:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
These functions work seperatly, so yes its possible.

What iv found about how i use functions it goes something like this for example:

Fi does its thing then messages it to Ne, Ne does its thing with the info that it got from Fi and messages it to Ti, then Ti processes the info and info comes to conscious. If some Ti for example fails to process the info, it sends it back to bottom functions and this whole process can happen multiple times in so little time that its impossible to see that it went over meny times. If something is really hard for you to process it might loop around for really long time taking brakes at time if you just cant find new info to brake the loop. Lower functions work more unconsciously and not that often unless situation really needs them, while with stronger functions the processing can be quite conscious, especially after few loops. So if you got really sucky Si, it might not take action(atleast enything conscious or big) and wont give you ansver(usually) on situation where you arent used of using it.

If i would be in situation where i need to use Te, ill use it instead of Fi, but the process would work the same way, maybe bit easier tho, because Te is more like Ti.

If i use my Fi in situation where i need to extravert allso, the Fi looks more like Fe, even tho im not really using Fe.

This is just something that i have noticed about myself, not something that i have read about somewhere

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this even possible?

Sure, why not?

Is it possible to have Ni and simply not understand it to the point of discounting it? Would this affect the "message" of Ne? And would you be inclined to over develop your Se and Si to compensate?

I had a slight... disrespect towards my otherwise very strong Ni, and I simply didn't use it because of certain circumstances. Then I've changed. Long story short: without me knowing wth Ni or other cognitive functions mean, I've started to tame it in my everyday life, now I've come to understand it better.

I still tend to compensate for the lack of Ni-usage by overusing Te, but the development is self-evident. I certainly see how Se and/or Si could make up for a lack of Ni.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Sure, why not?

I had a slight... disrespect towards my otherwise very strong Ni, and I simply didn't use it because of certain circumstances. Then I've changed. Long story short: without me knowing wth Ni or other cognitive functions mean, I've started to tame it in my everyday life, now I've come to understand it better.

I still tend to compensate for the lack of Ni-usage by overusing Te, but the development is self-evident. I certainly see how Se and/or Si could make up for a lack of Ni.

My Cognitive functions look like this

-15 Si
-15 Fi
-15 Ne
-15 Se
-14 Ti
-13 Fe
-12 Te
- 5 Ni

Most of my MBTI scores indicate ISFP or INFP..

I find I behave much more ISFP.. But on a more personal level relate to INFP..

The other factor being.. ISFP's provoke a neutrality in me..I am generally not moved in either direction by them..

INFP's however can really irk the shit out of me..and I am prone to projection and reflection.. I don't like in others what I don't like in myself..

I can see how this is ending up a " what is my type" kind of thing.. so if the mods feel the need to move it I will understand..
I posted here looking for NF insight into intuition.. being an F myself who doesn't know which side (S or N) of himself to trust.. I figured This would be the place.. Funny how it's NT's who are responding :shock:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any insight would be appreciated.
[...]
I posted here looking for NF insight into intuition.. being an F myself who doesn't know which side (S or N) of himself to trust.. I figured This would be the place.. Funny how it's NT's who are responding :shock:

You could've told this a little earlier :huh:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't understand Ni. The whole "do you come up with ideas out of nowhere or have "aha" moments where you see the future" etc. Don't get it. When I do have 'aha' moments or see the future I chalk it up to Ne + Ti.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP

I guess I won't help you then.

I mean, I guess your request makes sense; F's use totally different Ne and Ni than T's do... wait, no they don't.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
ISFp (SiFe) have a big Ne shadow, which means that they are using Ne as a major force in the big picture of their live. or in a way, they are being used by Ne. they are using it a bit like a sleepwalking Ne type, a crash test dummy sort of enxp. they provoke the Ne magic with blind trust, and are surpised by the results and they are a bit like broke junkies, waiting for Ne magic to happen, whereas Ne people (enxp) know what they are doing in the Ne realm. a funny ISFp example is the mother (kate del castillo) in Julia (2008) - she uses the first opportunity to trust a total stranger to help her ... inspired but also blind. quite like patricia arquette in Bringing Out the Dead (1999) who just falls asleep on a dealers couch.

ISFp have a rather good generall understanding of Ni ideas, if such ideas are communicated to them, and they have an Ni friendly worldview, but they can't produce conscious Ni insights on a reqular basis and in context of their current specific situation. ISFp profit from an INFp(NiFe)'s directing Ni counselling and INFp profit from the easyliving fearlessness/naivitee of the ISFp-Ne-shadow. (INFp are often frozen in the face of the overwhelming force of their Se shadow projection)

---

these little type deffinitions of functios are not descriptions, only pointers to those who allready know the functions. and often quite questionable as such. the myth that "someone comes with ideas out of nowhere" clearly indicates that the author has no idea of the inner world that produces these ideas. Ni ideas are snythetic, they are born, if a random perception is paired with a given pattern. this paring is not simply a pattern matching, it's a completition, and it creates an offspring.

no one understands functions based on reading such descriptions. you have to know the functions first, from yourself or from having a close relationship (thought exchange) with someone who has them.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this even possible?

Is it possible to have Ni and simply not understand it to the point of discounting it?

Would this affect the "message" of Ne?

And would you be inclined to over develop your Se and Si to compensate??

Any insight would be appreciated :yes:

I actually feel the same way about Ni.
I'm pretty sure that I've got it, I just don't understand it at all.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I guess I won't help you then.

I mean, I guess your request makes sense; F's use totally different Ne and Ni than T's do... wait, no they don't.

I wasn't saying I didn't appreciate the input from T types.. just surprised they are the ones responding..

Any insight is useful.. Don't be so sensitive.. LOL

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love how some people go all passive-agressive after they've said something stupid.
It totally makes my day.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I love how some people go all passive-agressive after they've said something stupid.
It totally makes my day.

I didn't say anything stupid.. If someone felt insulted by my words they need to ask themselves why.. I can explain myself and then you can do what you want with it.. It's not my responsibility after that.. Know what I mean?