User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iNFp
    Enneagram
    4w3?

Angry WHY THE HELL are INFPs so $(% depressed?!

I swear I don't understand why it seems that no matter how happy I feel at whatever point in my life, for however long, I ALWAYS end up feeling like SH** again.
    Writing, crying, and hating myself.
    I can't stand it.
    I'm so sick of it, seriously.

Painfully Bipolar

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

The question is part of the answer. Since I've stopped asking the "why" (or more speficially "why me" questions), I feel a lot better (and I've had my moments ...)
    Try to detach yourself from your feelings. Take a more observant stand.

Life may not always be easy, but it's an interesting place.

Sincerely hope that helps

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I would take the opposite direction. I'd find the why and work on that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I would take the opposite direction. I'd find the why and work on that.
    Maybe, but there's always the danger of feeling sorry for your own being sad. It can be an endless cycle of self-reinforcing emotions.

Would you like to give some more details, Koocoomoo?
    To be honest, it's somewhat difficult to offer advice without any further information. Please don't get me wrong - I'm really glad if I can help. I've been down that road, and I'm almost somewhat proud of myself that I could manage to get out of it myself.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Sometimes it seems that certain people can really take on their type description as if they were the only people to posses those qualities or flaws..

I could have have written the OP myself..and I feel your pain

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Koocoomoo View Post
    I swear I don't understand why it seems that no matter how happy I feel at whatever point in my life, for however long, I ALWAYS end up feeling like SH** again.
    Writing, crying, and hating myself.
    I can't stand it.
    I'm so sick of it, seriously.
    I've never felt this way.

Figure out who/how you want to be, or at least some part of it, and works towards that. Remember your strengths, everyone has flaws/non-strengths. Find things that bring oyu joy, meaning, purpose, happiness, enjoyment, and do them. Avoid things that suck ass or "steal things from you against your will." Feel gratitude

Work on that most non-INFP of skills, developing realistic expectations.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

everyone's like that.

INFPs just respond to that shit more than the other types.
    lucky me, i'm a T, so i don't have to care, or even notice if i'm pissed off.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Life can be difficult in this aspect. Sometimes it can be very difficult to not be accepted or not believe one is accepted in this world.

I know being rejected by bullies made a scar in my life. For a time I believed I could never be accepted. This scar can still haunt me today, even though I am at peace with it.

INFP is not the most common personality type. This can cause some pain in life as that person can feel like they are truly alone. Nobody, even the most hardcore introvert, wants to truly be alone. The personality type doesn't go with the mainstream, it isn't popular, and can be frowned upon by others.

Even though NFs can understand people better than others, we are still not physics. Sometimes it can be hard to know what your friends are truly thinking about you. This in combination with what I said above can really bring paranoia and pain on one's life. The negative emotions only dwell inside of you and can even grow over time if not taken care of.

My advise is to find someone close to you who you can trust to release your inner pains. I find that releasing your pains is one of the best ways to defeat them. By talking to others who care for you, they will also point out your strengths and let you know that you are loved. Knowing that you are loved by others can help you love yourself.

I may be way off, but that is just my two cent. There is obviously a reason why you are depressed and talking about it with a trusted one can help you defeat your pain.

Oh, if you feel like there is nobody who you can trust in the outside world, then at least talk to somebody on the internet about it (you know kind of like what people do on this website). The internet can be great as you have a blank face and nobody can judge you by your history.

I truly hope this helps you.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Fi's a bitch in emotional intensity. Use Ne to balance it out, to build out a perspective on the world that isn't so gloomy, one that will show you the possibilities in this imperfect world of ours. Coz despite its imperfections, it's still worth discovering, very much so.

And the same applies to yourself btw
    It is ok not to be perfect. It can even be a beautiful thing. It is ok not to constantly be extatic with joy. Negative emotions have their own beauty. Stop fighting them. Start experiencing them without judging or frustration
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Try to understand and accept yourself before trying to impact the outer world.
    Ask yourself what exactly is wrong, and what can you do to change it.

Everybody has problems and a very hard time now and then, but if you share them with others, that's half a success.