First 34567 Last

Thread: The ENFJ Thread

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

I find I readily notice details but I don't like dealing with them. As long as the big picture isn't compromised i'll leave the details alone as much as possible. If I know they're crucial to success on a certain task then I will take care of them either by myself or 'convince'/'con'/'defraud another through an evil enfj munipulation tactic' to 'help' me out.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by g_vartan View Post
    I read somewhere that to move from dependence on approval to knowledge of personal strength to meet one's own needs, it usually requires personal loss (which is bound to happen at some point). And through this likely deep hurt / depression / introspection, it can lead to a more accurate self-assessment and understanding of what is being asked of us by others. Wish we had an older ENFJ on this board....
    I concur.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    ENFJs are the only Ns I've seen described in any profile as good with details. I've noticed it about the people I think are ENFJs too. I wonder if they just develop their eye for detail more than most Ns because they're more motivated to because of Je (the 'get things done' function) being dominant. If that's the reason, it should be true of ENTJs as well, but I don't know any of them very well.
    Se relief and Fe people watching-intimacy and Ti analyzing develops detail orientation
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    I have been in a thinking mood recently and contemplated starting a thread asking a question... Do you go in waves, where you're outgoing/friendly, and then turned inward and overly thinking about your emotions and stuff going on in life? Ie happy extroverted wave, then very Ni/Ti/Fi wave where you go round and round in your head thinking and feeling inside about things you've done, want to do, impressions on others, etc etc? Can even get unhealthy if you don't pull yourself out back to the present. I'm talking, so caught up on your own thoughts that you can just get disconnected from what's going on around you at that moment (Se).
    Yes. Very much so.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

ENFJs do you ever feel like you can heavily relate to the ENFPs and/or INFPs?

It is pretty weird because I know I'm a J, but I feel like I can really relate to both the INFPs and ENFPs. I can relate to these two personality types way more than the INFJs and I know I'm a ENFJ.

Do other ENFJs relate to this at all, or am I just different?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would blame socionics for this. According to socionics, INFjs and ENFjs have pretty much opposing values. INFps are with ENFjs when it comes to values. I'm not sure why you say that about ENFPs though.

*waits for someone to say that J/P is switched in socionics, then have me correct them*
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    *waits for someone to say that J/P is switched in socionics, then have me correct them*

Brace yourself.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

*thinks about it*. Naaaah. Thought Cat, you might consider creating a thread just for Socionics questions. I've got no friggin' clue how that system works.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I think it has everything to do with the internal NF value system. I've met INFPs who were waste-oid self-immolating existentialists that I didn't "get". I've met warm jacked-in INFPs who I relate to very much. I've met ENFPs that I feel "yes! exactly!" and others are "Dude, seriously?" INFJs are the same thing -- either hideously brutal selfish people rammed firmly up their own backsides (the kind I flee from), or generous powerful caring entities who are engaging and curious (the kind I relate to very strongly).

I can't say that I see myself in NFPs though. I can align with their values and resonate with their general moral code, but I don't behave like one on any level, nor do I react to things like an NFP. Just yesterday, my exasperated sister showed me something - a problem - and I immediately and unconsciously went into 'fix it' mode, thinking she was showing me something that I had to fix. I got exasperated too, and did not realize that this was yet another example of Jaye just needing to say something and vent and be exasperated, and that I didn't have to fix it.

She wryly informed me that I sounded "just like dad" (who is an INFJ) and called me Mini Me again. She said I even talked like him and got the same spacey look as he did when thinking. (I see my biting her did little to instill fear in her - I shall have to try again...)

My dad is drawn to FPs, I think because they seem to align with his view of the world while having a certain tensile strength unique to the type. One of his very favorite actors is Johnny Depp, if that adds to it.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I would blame socionics for this. According to socionics, INFjs and ENFjs have pretty much opposing values. INFps are with ENFjs when it comes to values. I'm not sure why you say that about ENFPs though.

Reads the ENFP and INFP profile.

Yes, that makes perfect since as the value systems of an INFP fits very well with mine. In fact, I can almost see myself as an INFP sometimes because of this.

After reading the ENFP profile, I am now lost as to how I said I could relate to them. I will admit there is a thread titled "ENFPs - mature slower?" and I could really relate to that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I think it has everything to do with the internal NF value system. I've met INFPs who were waste-oid self-immolating existentialists that I didn't "get". I've met warm jacked-in INFPs who I relate to very much. I've met ENFPs that I feel "yes! exactly!" and others are "Dude, seriously?" INFJs are the same thing -- either hideously brutal selfish people rammed firmly up their own backsides (the kind I flee from), or generous powerful caring entities who are engaging and curious (the kind I relate to very strongly).

I can't say that I see myself in NFPs though. I can align with their values and resonate with their general moral code, but I don't behave like one on any level, nor do I react to things like an NFP. Just yesterday, my exasperated sister showed me something - a problem - and I immediately and unconsciously went into 'fix it' mode, thinking she was showing me something that I had to fix. I got exasperated too, and did not realize that this was yet another example of Jaye just needing to say something and vent and be exasperated, and that I didn't have to fix it.

She wryly informed me that I sounded "just like dad" (who is an INFJ) and called me Mini Me again. She said I even talked like him and got the same spacey look as he did when thinking. (I see my biting her did little to instill fear in her - I shall have to try again...)

My dad is drawn to FPs, I think because they seem to align with his view of the world while having a certain tensile strength unique to the type. One of his very favorite actors is Johnny Depp, if that adds to it.
    I do the exact same thing.

And yes you are right (First paragraph), two people of the same type can be totally different people. One person could relate to me very well, while the other person could have nothing to do with me.