User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Wait.. ENFPs are the dumbest of all N types?

...Woohoo~ Go us!

Then again, type theory says that when we employ Tertiary Te our brains develop analytical qualities similar to that of the INTJs... the so-called smartest type.

... it's all about the small comforts.

"Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

— Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    IQ scores are like penis sizes on the internet.. everyone is well endowed.
    It's certainly true that people often exaggerate their IQs, but it's also a fact that for someone to have such a dedicated interest in such a nerdy topic as this, they'd almost certainly be of far above-average intelligence. The median IQ of this forum can't be any lower than 125.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    It's certainly true that people often exaggerate their IQs, but it's also a fact that for someone to have such a dedicated interest in such a nerdy topic as this, they'd almost certainly be of far above-average intelligence. The median IQ of this forum can't be any lower than 125.
    It sure can and sure is.. most people display average intelligence on here and a few display less than so.

I can promise you that super intelligent people wouldn't be wasting their time on here.
    They would be off doing something extraordinary with their extraordinary intelligence.

I would say that most people on here display above average ego and delusions of grandeur, hence the bloated IQ claims.

Finally the thing about self proclamation is.. If you have to say it, it most likely isn't true.

If we were all of gifted or superior intelligence I am positive someone somewhere (beside our mothers and partners) would have noticed by now and we would all be receiving the accolades that come with being so bright.

We are amateur practitioners of an outdated psychological theory. doesn't strike me as too bright. How about you?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

It sure can and sure is.. most people display average intelligence on here and a few display less than so.
    You have any idea how stupid the average human being actually is?

Now, there are very many high-IQ idiots around here, that much is true, but it's doubtful someone who actually had a below-average IQ would have enough brainpower to ace a math test, let alone get their heads around a concept as complex as Jungian typology (or political theory, or what have you). Being here implies enough working knowledge and interest in cerebral topics to peg you as of above-average intelligence.

I can promise you that super intelligent people wouldn't be wasting their time on here.
    They would be off doing something extraordinary with their extraordinary intelligence.
    Nah, most extraordinary feats are made by hard workers, not necessarily supergeniuses. INTP geniuses (for example) are much more likely to be surfing the internet. Besides, even dedicated geniuses would want something to do in their downtime.

Finally the thing about self proclamation is.. If you have to say it, it most likely isn't true.

If we were all of gifted or superior intelligence I am positive someone somewhere (beside our mothers and partners) would have noticed by now and we would all be receiving the accolades that come with being so bright.
    Everyone's parents think their kids are the smartest people in the world, ours are no different. I actually get crap about my B average because I'm so smart (I just can't be arsed to do homework).

We are amateur practitioners of an outdated psychological theory. doesn't strike me as too bright. How about you?
    Well, I do it on a strict lulz basis. I don't take Jungian typology too seriously, but it's extremely fun to play with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

You have any idea how stupid the average human being actually is?

Now, there are very many high-IQ idiots around here, that much is true, but it's doubtful someone who actually had a below-average IQ would have enough brainpower to ace a math test, let alone get their heads around a concept as complex as Jungian typology (or political theory, or what have you). Being here implies enough working knowledge and interest in cerebral topics to peg you as of above-average intelligence.

Nah, most extraordinary feats are made by hard workers, not necessarily supergeniuses. INTP geniuses (for example) are much more likely to be surfing the internet. Besides, even dedicated geniuses would want something to do in their downtime.

Everyone's parents think their kids are the smartest people in the world, ours are no different. I actually get crap about my B average because I'm so smart (I just can't be arsed to do homework).

Well, I do it on a strict lulz basis. I don't take Jungian typology too seriously, but it's extremely fun to play with.
    Aleski..
    a person with an 80 IQ is by no means stupid. they are low average. This does not imply what they would not be interested in academics, only if they would more than likely or not, successfully pass an exam on a subject.
    I by no means understand quantum physics, but am nonetheless fascinated by the subject. Does this mean I am intelligent or not?
    And again I must state.. that IQ only scores academic intelligence not other types of intelligence such as emotional,spiritual and social

For your INFO.. the median for IQ is 100 and this is scored by 50% of the population .. so it really is the average.

Please start counting the people on here who truly display above average intelligence.
    I can't think of many, if any, and that includes you and me.
    And there are some clever cookies on here.

Remember the diffrence between a .300 hitter and a .250 hitter is a one hit difference out of 20 (6 hits to 5). one is considered a star, the other average. yet both are among the best in the world.

Humans are like pro ball players .. we are all the most intelligent in th world. some people just get an extra hit every 4th game or so.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Aleski..
    a person with an 80 IQ is by no means stupid. they are low average.
    I take it you have never in your entire life met a person with an IQ of 80.

And again I must state.. that IQ only scores academic intelligence not other types of intelligence such as emotional,spiritual and social
    This is true, IQ is relatively limited in scope. However, by the very reckoning that IQ measures academic intelligence, logically a person with a firm grasp of definitions and theoretical concepts would be more likely to be interested in a complex psychological topic. Don't you think?

For your INFO.. the median for IQ is 100 and this is scored by 50% of the population .. so it really is the average.
    This is actually incorrect. 100 is the median IQ score in Britain, and the actual average varies by country. The median IQ in the US is 98. Further, that 100 is close to the average IQ is precisely why I say the people here can't be average or below -- Joe Average is an imbecile. People with an IQ of less than 100 are actually very stupid (I've known a few personally).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Well, I for one don't know every people's IQ I have met so far (I don't even know my own), but yeah, people are able to much stupidity.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I take it you have never in your entire life met a person with an IQ of 80.

This is true, IQ is relatively limited in scope. However, by the very reckoning that IQ measures academic intelligence, logically a person with a firm grasp of definitions and theoretical concepts would be more likely to be interested in a complex psychological topic. Don't you think?

This is actually incorrect. 100 is the median IQ score in Britain, and the actual average varies by country. The median IQ in the US is 98. Further, that 100 is close to the average IQ is precisely why I say the people here can't be average or below -- Joe Average is an imbecile. People with an IQ of less than 100 are actually very stupid (I've known a few personally).
    For someone who claims their IQ is 145 (that was you in case you don't recall)
    I guess the baseball analogy went right over your head?
    I mean how else can you explain a retort that includes a difference between 100 and 98 on a scale that spans from 10-200 as it's argument when I just explained that the differences are less pronounced than you imagine. And then I am asked if I have ever met anyone with an IQ of 80. I am thinking it's a big yes.. yes!! I sure have.

Joe average is not an imbecile.. he is Joe Average. Just like sensors have zero imagination right?

You have a very negative view of the species you belong to.. you seriously under estimate them.
    You would make the prefect foe in that regard.
    I can only hope all my adversaries be as bright as you.

MBTI
    ISTP

It's really only useful if you apply it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

It is quite possible for the median of something not to be the median on a site such as this. For instance, INFP's make up a very small part of the population, but there a lot on here, presumably because things like MBTI appeal to us. So, Aleksei, I'm in agreement that the median IQ for this site could be higher than whole population IQ.
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]