Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    dumb as a pocket-full of earwigs.
    aww, I think you're clever.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    dumb as a pocket-full of earwigs.
    don't be afraid to flaunt your gigantic e-peen. All the cool kids are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    don't be afraid to flaunt your gigantic e-peen. All the cool kids are doing it.
    what is an e-peen? and how does mine look and taste like?

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    aww, I think you're clever.
    Not really, I'm dumb as a handful of pee-nuts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I think I've read somewhere that these three MBTI types are the most likely to have high IQ's (generally, in order):
    INTJs
    INTPs
    INFPs

My IQ is around 145... and I'm an INFP!
    ...with a very VERY weak F though.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFP

From my own experience and interaction with other INFPs (hard to find this lot), they can be the shining oracle insight one moment and the next minute you wonder if they can even tie their shoes. Someone mentioned the Ne that knows no box. True for me. That's why I get the blank stare from the STJs I work with and the eye roll from the NTJs I know. My challenge has always been to try to communicate these wacky ideas to them in ways that they understand and might appreciate. Mostly, it's ignore me, or call me stupid and walk away. So I just do it anyway and let them catch up. HaHa.

MBTI
    infp

I recently took an IQ test and scored 145. Interestingly, I took an IQ test about 8 years ago and scored 114. It was only after I started taking classes to fulfill the requirements for my major (English) in college that I started to realize that I wasn't an idiot. I think INFPs can be so self- effacing that they can totally distort themselves sometimes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

I was in gifted, and always read about 4 levels above my grade level- but I wasn't an honor student. Having higher IQ does not equal applying it to school! There were other kids in gifted with me who definitely weren't INFP who did very very well in school. (I'm not saying the INFP's can't do well in school, I'm just saying I'm lazy and hate monotonous work).
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Swordz View Post
    I've read several articles that say that INFP's are intelligent types. Which almost seems contradicting seeing as how we deal mostly with our feelings, but not so much when you really delve deep into it. Feelings can lead to thought and they can also be analyzed and broken down themselves, plus I wouldn't be surprised if many INFP's intense feelings on subjects stems from their thinking on them, or vice versa.

The main point of this thread is that there's a Facebook INFP group who posted a thread about IQ, based off of most the members post there their IQ's seemed to average around 130 so the question was brought up whether INFP's seem to gravitate towards having above average IQs.

I don't know the exact number of my IQ but I was always labeled "smart" in High School even though I didn't take primary school seriously and prefered to be a class clown. I can also retain a large amount of information and analyze abstract concepts and possess an extremely high Verbal IQ as I was considered capable of reading on a College level in 8th grade.

So do INFPs really average around having a bit of a higher Intelligence Quotient than other types?
    This should be taken with a grain of salt given the inconsistency inherent to MBTI type testing, but the data so far suggests that they do. Type-IQ studies place INFP fourth for median IQ, behind INTJ, INTP and INFJ.

Of course, IQ is rather heterogeneous with relation to type anyway. I belong to what's on average supposed to be the dumbest of all Intuitive types, and my IQ is in the low 140s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

IQ scores are like penis sizes on the internet.. everyone is well endowed.
    But.. just like 9" wangs being rare.. so are IQ scores of 130.

In fact just a shade over 2% of the earth's population scores 130 or over.

Most people(80%) score somewhere in the average range, with 119 being high end average and 80 being low end average.

120-129 is considered gifted or superior and that is only 6% of the population.

Finally IQ only indicates academic intelligence therefore missing many other levels of intelligence. Especially social and emotional intelligence.

IQ is about "What".. it does not measure the "how" and "why" of things.