User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: INFP vs. ENFP

  1. #11
    Large Member Ender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    But is that more one-on-one or in a social group setting? I think most don't have an issue with being talkative and the like when they're around a friend or family member. Being out with strangers is something different, wouldn't you say?
    It all depends. I can do it in a group setting at times. Get me talking about something I'm confident about or have a real interest in and the group setting doesn't much bother me. It is a lot rarer then when I do it on a one-on-one basis though.

    For instance I actually belong to a car owners club, and we have regular meets on friday nights. I have no problem talking to most of the people there at times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

    I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

    Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

  2. #12
    Member ferrisbueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I've definitely had the same problem, where the NFP was a lot more clear than the E/I. especially in new situations I tend to be a little reserved, waiting for a while to let my bubbly E self burst out. When I talk about the test with other people, those who don't know me well tend to think that I'm an I. However, I've realized that once I get a little bit more comfortable in a situation I am the embodiment of the zany ENFP. You're probably just an ENFP who isn't as E as most. Also, ENFPs need alone time, so don't let that make you think that you're an INFP. Every ENFP that I know takes time alone to recharge.

  3. #13
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    ...my thoughts get so loud and varied that I find it difficult to maintain awareness of where I am and what I'm doing...

    These are the times that make life worth living. I tunnel into this cave whenever I can and let the thoughts take over!

  4. #14
    Senior Member surgery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values.
    Yes, the ENFP needs time to collect its thoughts. However, ENFPs usually seem more willing to 'get going,' so to speak. Just like its title -- the Inspirer -- ENFPs quickly exude life. The INFP, I believe, would be more focused on its inner thoughts at any given time. I rarely venture out of myself to create a social interaction. Also, I agree that we do not readily start chatting about more "shallow" things. It is when our imaginations, emotions, or something we deem more significant are stimulated that we begin to open up. For example, many of my ENFP friends always seem to have a funny story to share. While even if I had one, sharing it with a large group is a foreign concept to me.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

  5. #15
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I refuse to shoot the shit, and absolutely cannot stand mindless, empty, parrot-like conversations, if you can even call them that.

    If I am in the mood, yes, I will spark a conversation with a stranger, but I will do so with the intention of really trying to get to know them, or more accurately, to get, or find something about them.

  6. #16
    Junior Member heykitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    21

    Default

    i suppose it depends on the context of the situation/environment but i don't mind small talk, it's a way of getting to know others without invading their space i've found, however i would be very bored if the conversation did not lad to more intellectual matters, there's only so much we could say about the weather, y'know? e.g. in a party, i'm perfectly happy and willing to approach others and initiate conversation and introduce myself etc. most people can easily mistake me for an extrovert and i am on the 90-100% spectrum of introversion! reflective of my rather Fe mothering side, give and receive pattern of getting to know others.

    the biggest indicator being i NEED the alone time -- it's not a matter of needing a little; i would wilt without the following days and weeks to recharge by myself in my room after my social time to just to do my own thing, sit and go over my thoughts etc.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Priam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I am an extrovert who not only needs, but enjoys time spent alone. Why? Because only in solitude do I feel free to indulge myself fully, and without guilt. Also, I enjoy my own company, i.e. I happen to both stimulate and entertain myself.

    I think I am an extrovert because I am genuinely concerned with, and affected by people, and the human condition. I think people can be fascinating, and I love trying to figure people out, and learning other people's perceptions of this thing called life.
    While certainly not contradicting, I would stand up as an introvert for whom the last paragraph rings true. People are the best! They're puzzles constantly retwisting themselves in new shapes, mysterious shadows behind faces that tell nothing! Their thoughts, however vapid, can be unique and moving. I enjoy, even embrace, worthwhile company for its own sake, but I eventually need to pull back for a while and just be without, outside the world with just myself and my thought process. What's the most draining for me is not people, but rather the sense that my own brain is lagging four or five steps behind and must run to catch up. I want to pause, work things out on some meaningful level, but the world just keeps ticking over and drags me along with it. I am mentally ill-equipped to deal with skimming over the surface, whereas a huge chunk of the world seems to simply live there. It's enough to make the old fashioned "cave in the desert with only psychadelic mushrooms to keep you company" routine seem rather appealing.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I am an extrovert who not only needs, but enjoys time spent alone. Why? Because only in solitude do I feel free to indulge myself fully, and without guilt. Also, I enjoy my own company, i.e. I happen to both stimulate and entertain myself.
    I value my alone time and actually start to get irritated with people if I don't get enough of it because I need time to process my thoughts. I think that's a consequence of being an NP, causing ENFPs and ENTPs to appear almost introverted at times.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  9. #19
    Senior Member autumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I value my alone time and actually start to get irritated with people if I don't get enough of it because I need time to process my thoughts. I think that's a consequence of being an NP, causing ENFPs and ENTPs to appear almost introverted at times.
    I would love to hear more of your thoughts on how this relates to being an NP.

  10. #20
    Junior Member Aminal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default INFP vs ENFP

    Tested ENFP but lost the results.
    So I took the test again and got INFP, but there was a note at the top of the page telling me there had been points deducted for reliability and to click back and fill out the blank answer if I wanted to. The question that had not been answered was do you feel at ease in crowds to which I do and did click yes. That answer brought me back to ENFP.
    1 25 75 44

Similar Threads

  1. Going straight for the jugular - INFP vs ENFP
    By PeaceBaby in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-26-2014, 01:57 AM
  2. [INFP] INFP Man & ENFP Woman
    By bdm in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 03:32 PM
  3. Infp vs. Enfp vs. Enfj
    By enfp1091 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 09:15 AM
  4. [ENFP] INFPs versus ENFPs
    By Lambchop in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 11:31 PM
  5. [ENFP] INFP vs. ENFP reasons for needing time alone
    By scattershot in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO