• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs aren't funny

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After the 100th NF posts how funny they are, I win a t-shirt.

I already won the coaster set, but sadly, I don't think I'll collect enough for the neon leather jacket.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know man; give it time.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop

I already won the coaster set, but sadly, I don't think I'll collect enough for the neon leather jacket.

ha...ha.......................
............................ha :spam_laser:

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i think nf's can appreciate each others humor styles.
it does have its own style.. very lighthearted and spacey.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

After your 100th lame joke in this thread, will the NFs win anything?

Seriously, most NFs in here aren't claiming to be comedians or exceptionally funny.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Your mother isn't funny. Your mother is also an NF. The two preceding sentences, taken in unison, make sense.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm pretty funny. My humor is dry and a little different from the usual "happy-go-lucky" attitude of ENFP's, just because I am not that way, but I think a discerning eye on the emotional state of the group is just as useful, as far as making people laugh, as coming up with something genuinely funny. It is easier to laugh at something relatively funny said by someone you are in a good emotional state with than to laugh at something that may be more clever but is said by someone you don't particularly like or click with.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think it's asinine to make assumptions about another's humor based on type. I don't even believe certain humors or lack of a humor pertains to a certain type.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
^^^That. There sure is a lot of baiting and rigid thinking in regards to what type means and does on these forums. But I guess that's the nature of the typing beast. ENFP/general NF baiting?

Humor= what an individual finds funny. Not everyone is the same. If you don't find someone/something funny it's just not your style. Doesn't mean that they aren't funny.

I'm pretty funny. My humor is dry and a little different from the usual "happy-go-lucky" attitude of ENFP's, just because I am not that way, but I think a discerning eye on the emotional state of the group is just as useful, as far as making people laugh, as coming up with something genuinely funny. It is easier to laugh at something relatively funny said by someone you are in a good emotional state with than to laugh at something that may be more clever but is said by someone you don't particularly like or click with.

I don't know any happy go lucky ENFPs. Unless it's the "public face".

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
My jokes are usually rude and disgusting. If I drink alcohol, it's worse.

I don't think "Yo momma" jokes are funny anymore, they died out in 1988. And calling someone a "Moron," at the end of every sentence, doesn't make s--- sound funny either. Doubt that you can stereotype MBTI personalities.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
someone told me a couple weeks ago I was the funniest person she'd ever met

now, I doubt that

but i cant be that unamusing haha

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
someone told me a couple weeks ago I was the funniest person she'd ever met

now, I doubt that

but i cant be that unamusing haha
You're not. :)

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Doubt that you can stereotype MBTI personalities.

Just get a big paintbrush and paint ALL and EVERY over each individual. NFs aren't funny. But if that's how you see it; so be it. I don't see it that way and I can see a whole lot of generalizing based on what boxes say.

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
An INTP said this to me, oh, about two years ago.

I didn't believe it then, but it's been in the back of my brain since... and it is correct.

NFs just aren't that funny. They can have a wonderful sense of humor, quick to laugh and appreciate jokes. A few are funny on occasion and they will play off another's humor as well.

They just are rarely the one who comes up and gets others to laugh on their own.

Agree or disagree?

Pretty much. I've tried being funny but I'm just not. But that's ok in my book.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
So is this a typical NT statement then?

"There are no possibilities in possibilities."