User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Anyway... wondering if there is more distinction between S/N when it comes to humor, vs T/F. Or if it can even be articulated except for some basic generalizations?
    Well I'm thinking that the zany or off-the-wall humour is more likely to originate from an N, whilst the sort of humour I was alluding to earlier - the kind that doesn't necessarily make you laugh out loud per se, but more sort of tickles your intellectual circuits - maybe that's more likely to be appreciated by T's...?

I'm trying to mentally put my finger on how I see S humour, thinking of my best friend that I have great laughs with all the time, but it's hard!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    After the first sincere question, all other questions were dumb questions for my own amusement.
    I used to play dumb a lot, but I've realized the same thing: people don't know you're playing dumb.

Esp. INTJs.

MBTI
    INTP

I find a lot of NFs to be funny. A lot of the time, it is their perspective, and the way they describe things that's either a wildly different way of looking at the thing, or nails it in a way I couldn't. My ENFJs really crack me up a lot of the time. I think all NF types are capable of being really funny. It's just that some can be so earnest that they don't try to be. Just like some NTs can be so robotic that they don't develop a sense of humor.

I find a lot of my fellow INTPs funny, but some of them drive me nuts with the wordplay, taking it waaaaaay past the point of funny. As a rule, I don't seem to find ENTPs as funny as others seem to, either.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I used to play dumb a lot, but I've realized the same thing: people don't know you're playing dumb.

Esp. INTJs.
    watcha mean "used to"?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

Esp. INTJs.
    Yes, that is the danger of playing dumb. I do it when the situation is already light-hearted to begin with, but sometimes it's a good social strategy if people think you're an idiot and you have to teach them not to underestimate people, namely you.

The look on people's faces is priceless.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP

I find NF's are often funnier than NT's.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    I am NOT evil...
    Dear, despite your big island-runner shoes, I never took you for a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Yeah, I just mean how, sometimes, somebody might say something's funny even though they didn't actually laugh out loud, meaning it was witty or something. I'm thinking of my step-dad, who watches political satire type shows and goes "Ah! yes, exactly!" and nods a lot, but seldom actually laughs, yet he describes it as a "really funny" show. Maybe that's more of a T thing though?
    yeah, that always cracks me up. I see that more with ST types, where they watch those commentator shows and never laugh or show amusement... then say later they found it really funny.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Dear, despite your big island-runner shoes, I never took you for a clown.
    Phew! ...you haven't found my stash of face paint then...

MBTI
    INFP

I find observational humor and/or dry humor to be what does it for me...

Comics like Emo Phillips, Steven Wright, and even George Carlin. However, I do not generally find dirty language funny, and physical comedy I can generally do without.

When I tell jokes, it's usually a play on words, or a different way to see the situation surrounding me rather than making fun of someone, or play acting.

So while many people in my life have said I was funny ( I prefer frakkin' hilarious actually ) I think it's more my quick wit that helps me see situations in unusual ways.

Oh, and innuendo can generate hours of fun!

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't know that many NFs but I just wanted to stress out that it's not always what you say that is funny but how you say it. And I think NFs can do that just as well if not better than other temperaments.