First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    There are also audiences who think that "Dog's Playing Poker" is a great work of art.
    Oh, it is... but only if the dog on the left is bluffing a full house with a pair of two's, pair of threes, and the copyright/instructions card that comes with the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I dunno, I tend to get the most laughs when I formulate things in a way that others wouldn't even think of or would never put in such a casual way if they dared to say it at all. However, that's kinda being funny unintentionally...does that count?
    Totally get that, that's what I do too.

It's not really funny "per se" but it's surprising and that makes some people laugh, to see something twisted around into some new unexpected permutation. (PinkP makes me laugh like that, she usually comes out of left field and I'm unprepared... but it's not really direct humor, it's just a quirky way of seeing/describing something.)

Quote Originally Posted by Soujiro View Post
    ...Even if my life were in danger and the guy said "Say one more joke and I'll shoot you"....
    That's actually sort of funny.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

ignore
    Last edited by Snuggletron; 11-04-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: internet hicupped, double post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The NFs that strike me funny take me into an imaginary place. It's easy to forget how often people take a completely literal interpretation of what is said. In those cases this type of NF humor would be confusing and to some possibly annoying because it doesn't make sense to them. If a person doesn't have or share an imagination, there is not a way to get a context for the humor.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Phantonym

Personally, I've never even had any intentions of being anybody's clown. I find humour everywhere and it is completely unrelated to type. NF's can be funny just as any other type out there, it really depends on the character.

First of all, I laugh myself and whether people are able to pick up on what I find funny is secondary to me because I rarely provide any explanations. Trying to be funny feels fake and smells like hard labour. Although, people trying desperately to be funny amuse me immensely.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Soujiro View Post
    The thing though that I hate about me sometimes is that I can't seem to stop, lol. I mean Okay I've made like 20 jokes already and we've all laughed. Now it's time to get to work and finish the group project, but 2 minutes later I make another joke. The group laughs but then they tell me "We need to get serious", I apologize and say I won't do it again. As we continue to discuss the project someone says something and another joke pops in my head, and I say it. People always look at me like "hasn't he had enough". Even when in a serious conversation with my INFP twin brother I always make jokes like every 2 minutes. I just can't help it. I really don't think about making jokes, but so many of them pop in my head that I just can't resist. For crying out loud I talk to myself and make myself laugh all the time, lol, so rather than people seeing my laugh and giggling to myself I just share the fun. Its like I was created with jokes, like I have a joke DNA.

EDIT
    Even if my life were in danger and the guy said "Say one more joke and I'll shoot you", it would be a very tough task.
    ^Actually this would be a good SNL/Mad TV scit.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I dunno..an inspired ENFP with a silly streak can be pretty darn funny, as can an ENFJ in a sarcastic mood
    I totally concur. Lots of people have said that I'm very funny/humorous.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Personally, I've never even had any intentions of being anybody's clown. I find humour everywhere and it is completely unrelated to type. NF's can be funny just as any other type out there, it really depends on the character.
    Oh wait... Sky is a very funny NF. I pretty much find all of her light-hearted posts to be funny, and even some of the serious ones. Elaur too at times.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Oh wait... Sky is a very funny NF. I pretty much find all of her light-hearted posts to be funny, and even some of the serious ones. Elaur too at times.

brainheart

An ENTP friend told me that I am one of the funniest people he's ever known. I don't think my SP husband thinks I'm all that funny. I can't tell jokes for shit or do physical comedy, but I'm pretty good at the dry, sarcastic stuff, and I can't help but write funny. I try to write serious, emotional, and it typically morphs into humor.

LA makes a good point. I don't think we NFs feel the need to be funny all the time, probably because we know how to interact in other ways as well. Some people don't know how to engage in honest, earnest conversation so they rely on humor.

I dunno..an inspired ENFP with a silly streak can be pretty darn funny, as can an ENFJ in a sarcastic mood
    That's pretty much what I thought, too. My ENFJ sister is outrageously funny and so is my ENFP brother - he's had people literally in tears of laughter many times. My INFP friend, as well as many of the INFP's on this board also make me laugh a lot. I don't know any INFJ's in RL though... the ones I have known in the past tended be more serious, or seem that way anyway. Maybe introversion combines with Fe concern not to offend, so they keep their funny thoughts to themselves, sadly?