• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs aren't funny

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
From reading this thread, some of the NF's here are hilarious!
End of thread. NF's can be funny.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I get told I'm funny a lot.

I don't believe the ones who say that, but I get told I'm funny.

If you aren't funny, and want to be funny, just get drunk friends. That would probably work.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Disagree. I think I'm funny. I've been told more than multiple times that I'm funny. I really think it depends on the person, not the type.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You must be new here! Welcome to typologycentral.com. Head on over to Welcomes and Introductions and tell us about yourself!

:D

Ha! Been here about a year. :jew:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My ENFJ friend is one of the funniest people I know. And I wish I was as funny as my INFJ mom.

So I agree with Ivy's post way back at the beginning of the thread.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I get laughs all the time, mostly from making a funny comment during a discussion, not from telling "joke" type stories. I have been told that I am very funny.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I have a friend whom I'm reasonably certain is an NF who has the most amazing deadpan humor I've ever seen from anyone. The timing and the precision of his comments and even his inflection in his voice is spot on.

KiwiBurst

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
People tell me that I'm silly and funny.
I'm silly because that's just my nature. I'm funny because sometimes I make jokes.
Other times, I DON'T make jokes and people laugh at me anyways. I'm always offended!!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i lost my sense of humour somewhere, been trying to heart pump it back but its a far cry from what it used to be.

Qre:us

My ENFP friends can be hilarious - we get off on shared Ne-humour. Not the girly girl types (heavy on Fi), but when they're heavy on Ne. They're crazy [love it]!

My INFP mother is cute when she's trying to be funny - in that, she will often start giggling to herself as she ruminates the joke in her head, so she's already laughing even before she can tell the audience. And so when it comes out, with plenty of pauses of giggle-fits, she might even forget some of the material, or fudge the punchline, etc.... For that reason, it makes the situation even funnier.

My INFJ best friend is not funny. At all. She can be dry and sarcastic, and once in a while, elicit a "heh" and a smirk outta me, but never a good, from-the-belly laugh.

My ENFJ best friend is funny without trying to be. Mostly because she fudges idioms, which when she is delivering, she is quite confident in, until it actually comes out......and it's crazy random and :shock: and wtf! and.....if you look, in some weird, weird way, it makes sense (?!), connects.
E.g.,
* "Shedding like rainforest rain" ['upposed to be: shedding like a dog]
* "Drop them like a hot egg!" ['upposed to be: Drop them like a hot potato] - her reasoning....it makes more of a statement, cuz not only do you drop it, but you crack it too. :cheese:
* "She's acting like she was born with a pot of gold stuck to her ass!" ['upposed to be: Silver spoon in mouth] .....pot/spoon, gold/silver, ass/mouth.... <- I helped her find these connections, for the rest of the audience, cuz she confuses her own self, and for that she was ever grateful. I'm like her personal interpreter of whackiness. :D [she tickles me so]

So, in my experience, INFJs are the least funny but they make the most awesomest audience for people like me. :yes:

Sailboat

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm pretty funny, and I love and enjoy humor. I may not show this side of me at first, depending on my comfort level of who I'm with, but it comes out eventually. I like anything from dry sarcasm to very silly.

ConstantlyImagining

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am not a very funny person. I can sometimes break out a pun but beyond that not really much I suppose. Sometimes though I would think of something funny and can end up arbitrarily laughing for reasons which someone else would not notice- some people think that I am bit crazy because of that. I am not a fan of things I consider as having a substantial potential to be offensive though...so a lot of things some people consider funny are not funny to me. I like philosophical jokes though, but most people seem not to enjoy those

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so if I´m borderline T/F, does that make me half-funny all of the time or am I only funny on mondays, wednesdays and fridays (with today being an exeption due to overuse of my underdeveloped funny bone on wednesday)?

I´m with ConstantlyImagining about few people getting a certain kind of humor. I grew up with an anthology of classic jewish jokes (many of them a century old). I have a particular favorite I like to use to test people. Not because it is so great, but because their reaction is very telling.

Rabbi, please explain, what is talmud!
- Let´s see. Two men climb up the roof and fall down the chimney. One of them gets his face dirty, the other one is clean. Who is going to wash?
- The one with the dirty face!
- Wrong. The one with the dirty face saw the clean one and assumed he too was clean. The one with the clean face saw the one with the dirty face and assumed he too was dirty, so he washed. Now, they climb up the roof again and once more fall down the chimney. One of them gets his face dirty, the other doesn´t. Who will wash his face?
- The one with the clean face then.
- Wrong. Because when the one with the clean face washed they found out about their error. So now they climb up the roof once more and fall through the chimney. Who will wash his face?
- Well from now on the one with the dirty face!
- Wrong. Seriously, when have you ever seen two men falling through the chimney three times and one of them gets dirty and the other one stays clean?! See, that´s talmud!

Sunny Ghost

An INTP said this to me, oh, about two years ago.

I didn't believe it then, but it's been in the back of my brain since... and it is correct.

NFs just aren't that funny. They can have a wonderful sense of humor, quick to laugh and appreciate jokes. A few are funny on occasion and they will play off another's humor as well.

They just are rarely the one who comes up and gets others to laugh on their own.

Agree or disagree?

i disagree!! the funniest female i have ever had the pleasure of befriending is an INFJ. seriously, the best sense of humor and the funniest jokes that are nonstop! also, my exboyfriend was hilarious, and he was an INFP. he was great with impersonations and just being silly, especially when he was around me. :yes: i think for him, it was his ability to get into character that made him very amusing. and for my female friend, it was her ability to laugh at herself.
Also, I've known many a ENFP's that were always entertaining and incredibly quick witted. They've been some of my favorite drinking pal's. Notably, two male ENFP's in particular! Also, I've pinned one of my female friends as an ENFJ... and she's so imaginative and goofy. She always liked to poke harmless fun at people, and people always laughed. Her jokes were never cruel, but spot on and hilarious. She'd always make you laugh at yourself. She too, had quite an ability for laughing at herself as well.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"She's acting like she was born with a pot of gold stuck to her ass!"

ok that made me ACTUALLY lol

edit, i just said that i liked NF humor the best but i think it's actually more like NT humor - dry, sarcasm, parody. oh and dead baby...

though you know how some people have those jokes that last for like, 5 minutes? and it's supposed to make it funnier? yeah, it doesn't.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Rabbi, please explain, what is talmud!
- Let´s see. Two men climb up the roof and fall down the chimney. One of them gets his face dirty, the other one is clean. Who is going to wash?
- The one with the dirty face!
- Wrong. The one with the dirty face saw the clean one and assumed he too was clean. The one with the clean face saw the one with the dirty face and assumed he too was dirty, so he washed. Now, they climb up the roof again and once more fall down the chimney. One of them gets his face dirty, the other doesn´t. Who will wash his face?
- The one with the clean face then.
- Wrong. Because when the one with the clean face washed they found out about their error. So now they climb up the roof once more and fall through the chimney. Who will wash his face?
- Well from now on the one with the dirty face!
- Wrong. Seriously, when have you ever seen two men falling through the chimney three times and one of them gets dirty and the other one stays clean?! See, that´s talmud!
I don't get it. I thought maybe that was because I've never known any Jewish people and I thought that maybe if I had already known this word talmud before I started that it might be funny. So, I googled talmud and I understand the joke even less now than I did before.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
ok that made me ACTUALLY lol

edit, i just said that i liked NF humor the best but i think it's actually more like NT humor - dry, sarcasm, parody. oh and dead baby...

though you know how some people have those jokes that last for like, 5 minutes? and it's supposed to make it funnier? yeah, it doesn't.

+1 For dead baby. :smile:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
This is hogwash. ENFP aren't simply funny, but probably one of the most entertaining personality behind ESFP and ENTP.

Spastic_Blondie

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have a lot of funny thoughts and clever things to say...but oftentimes I'm just too afraid to say them for fear of what other people will think. So in general, I don't think that people think I am "funny" unless they know me really well. The people who know me well think I am very funny.

Also, I agree with what has been said. I am funniest when playing off of another's humor or interacting with someone else. It's got to be dynamic. I don't tend to be the stand-up comedian. I don't like to get up in front of people and try to make jokes...it makes me feel uncomfortable and usually I just can't think of anything to say.

i disagree!! the funniest female i have ever had the pleasure of befriending is an INFJ. seriously, the best sense of humor and the funniest jokes that are nonstop! also, my exboyfriend was hilarious, and he was an INFP. he was great with impersonations and just being silly, especially when he was around me. i think for him, it was his ability to get into character that made him very amusing. and for my female friend, it was her ability to laugh at herself.

INFP's are really funny and great at getting into character. I have a friend just like that, and he's an INFP.