First 182627282930 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Eh, not accounting for personal taste, you have to know funny INFs well before you get to see them in full flight. Otherwise, you get the humor-lite version. Funny INFs are funny in a personalized way, using the things they know about you once you have some comfortable history together.

I can't take the gloves off until I know a person well enough to know I won't go too far. I once told a morbid, offensive joke when I was 13 that cut too close to the bone for the recipient. Stuck with me for life.

My family and the men I have dated particularly mention that I am one of the funniest people they know. *shrugs* With anyone else and at TypeC I am typically more concerned with not being offensive/keeping my humor to myself. Irl I don't like playing to a crowd either, (too impersonal), so it's also more of a one-on-one thing.
    I realize this post is old, but I missed it the first time around...
    I am also reticent to joke around with people I do not know well for fear of sticking my foot in my mouth. I have done so in the past, and it does bother me still (stupid NF conscience!).

I once made a spontaneous quip to this guy at my church which amounted to me calling his kids dirty - it was not personal, more like a "kids are dirty" in general joke. However, I could see in his face that he took it seriously & it hurt his feelings. Later, I found out other people had previously made serious digs about his kids being unruly & messy; so my joke came out in that context for him - I felt like such a bitch!

Another time I was joking around with a newly made ExFP male friend, and he made some joke about me being a fat bald midget (which is clearly a joke) and I quipped back: "Is that your problem, too much fat & not enough hair?" and as soon as the words left my mouth I realized his hairline was just beginning to recede & he had some love handles/beginnings of a beer belly (although he was not fat). His face fell immediately and I realized I had hit a major sore spot. The new friendship dissolved rather quickly after that....

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ

Hilarious.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

This here, is precisely why the phrase,: "think before you speak" was invented. The quote is a genius wasted on the none; Instead, it is delivered solely to those deserving of it.

Har har.

[Insert dead baby joke here]+[Insert mother of a dead infant here]=([memories]•[regret]) =/= [laughter]
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Hilarious.
    Thanks for (not) laughing at my past social blunders. :rolli:

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    This here, is precisely why the phrase,: "think before you speak" was invented. The quote is a genius wasted on the none; Instead, it is delivered solely to those deserving of it.

Har har.

[Insert dead baby joke here]+[Insert mother of a dead infant here]=([memories]•[regret]) =/= [laughter]
    NTs are in much greater need of that piece of advice than NFs when it comes to jokes .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    NTs are in much greater need of that piece of advice than NFs when it comes to jokes .
    Pffft! Girls love my puns.

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm, and he says to the bartender,: "I'll have a beer, and one for the road."

Har-har.

Have you heard about the blind prostitute? Yeah, you really gotta hand it to her.

Eat my comedic genius and weep.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    infp

as long as i'm with people i'm comfortable around, a lot of them think i'm very funny. i can be really sarcastic.. kind of like some NT's i know. my humor is more stupidity than wit, but surprisingly enough "funny" is used to describe me more than almost anything else.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Me: LOL, David Cooke's bro died of cancer

Friend: Why's that funny?

Me: 'Cause he was at some benefit function to help with research for a cure, and he made it about himself. LOL, he tried being "brave", but then his voice cracked

Friend of friend: *flat tone* Funny

Me: I know, right?

Friend of friend: *straight face* My mom died of cancer....

Me: Mine too! High Five *raises hand*

Friend : *facepalm*

Friend of Friend: .....

Me: .....high five? *thinking: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    IEE

i think NFs can be veryy funny, funnier than SJ's, maybe SF's. I think Tina Fey might be an ENFP.... I have an NT boyfriend who seems surprised whenever i'm funny, like he expects that he's the only one who makes jokes...it's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm an INFJ and have been told many times that I'm funny but definitely more in a "dry wit" sort of way. One important thing though: I won't say "funny things" around people I don't know very well. I find that people have to know me to think I'm funny because my humor tends to be very dry and understated. But yeah, I make people laugh.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by silentbeep View Post
    I'm an INFJ and have been told many times that I'm funny but definitely more in a "dry wit" sort of way. One important thing though: I won't say "funny things" around people I don't know very well. I find that people have to know me to think I'm funny because my humor tends to be very dry and understated. But yeah, I make people laugh.
    This is pretty much exactly the same for me.
    Most of my jokes are internal; I don't share them with people until I'm close with them or I feel like we're on the same wave-length.
    INFJ 9w1.