Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Isn't that a little like encouraging a gimp to play dodgeball Jag? *tsk tsk* I don't know...
    Hey, I can dodge a wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Isn't that a little like encouraging a gimp to play dodgeball Jag? *tsk tsk* I don't know...
    I'm a heartless bastard.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Trying to be funny in a thread where you are accused of not being funny is only going to make you seem like you're trying very hard, which is never funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    NF's know what is funny.. But they take themselves too seriously to be very funny themselves.. Just an observation.. and possibly a skewed one..
    It's true. I tried, I cried.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Hey, I can dodge a wrench.
    But can you dodge a wench?

Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Everyone else tells me my humor doesn't make any sense, or even insist that I was serious and not joking.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    But then I have a pretty puerile sense of humor anyway, I talk about lemonade and strawberry sauce.
    el oh elle

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The best example I can think of that is Morrissey, who people think is whiny, but his lyrics so funny if you get it.

I thought I was the only one who thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Eh, not accounting for personal taste, you have to know funny INFs well before you get to see them in full flight. Otherwise, you get the humor-lite version. Funny INFs are funny in a personalized way, using the things they know about you once you have some comfortable history together.

I can't take the gloves off until I know a person well enough to know I won't go too far. I once told a morbid, offensive joke when I was 13 that cut too close to the bone for the recipient. Stuck with me for life.

My family and the men I have dated particularly mention that I am one of the funniest people they know. *shrugs* With anyone else and at TypeC I am typically more concerned with not being offensive/keeping my humor to myself. Irl I don't like playing to a crowd either, (too impersonal), so it's also more of a one-on-one thing.
    True.
    My (ESTP) friend and I always playtease our (ESFJ) friend. She's so simple-minded sometimes. It's really easy to pick at her.
    But I couldn't imagine doing that to anyone else I haven't known nearly as long as I've known her.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    When I'm in an exhausted, pissy, wrung-out mood, my "t" kicks in and I'm very funny. I can make INTJs laugh when I'm feeling that way.
    This is me lately.
    I was just telling a friend (I'm not sure of his type; he might actually be NT) the other day about how cynical I've been lately because I'm so stressed out. Used to interacting with certain other types of people, I figured he was going to try and give me a pep talk about how I should cheer up and stop stressing out (I hate when people tell me that), but instead he just starts laughing and says something to the extent of "Well, cynicism can be really fun. Enjoy it!"

I love that guy

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    The issue with NFs are they don't be rude to others, insult others or make racist jokes. We NTs love to be rude to others (INTJs), insult others (ENTJs) and make cute subtle racist remarks (xNTP).
    Oh yeah.
    I've nearly smacked a NTP or two about that a few times.
    Drives me nuts.
    I love them and their jokes, but that pisses me off!

What I find funny varies: puns/wordplay, situational comedy, doing normal things in an unusual way<<<<<I'm best at this (typically in writing), completely random things said or done, etc.
    My humor usually has a point to it. Like I'm trying to tell you something about my stance on a particular issue or reveal some deeper truth. That's NF funny for you.
    I'm pretty self-depreciating, too. It works for me. Plus I never really run out of material.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

I went to a film festival the other night, and there was a director named Atom Egoyan. I shrugged and said to my friend, "He's probably an only child."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The following comedians are said to be of the Idealist temperament:

Billy Crystal
    Martin Short
    Sinbad
    Adam Sandler
    Bill Cosby

Probably plenty more...I'm not in the mood to research it...

From my experience, any type can be funny. ENFPs are hilarious. ENTPs can be funny too. ESFPs, ENFJs, ESTPs all have the capacity to be pretty funny. Really anyone can. EP's make me laugh the most on average though. They are silly, in a good way. I love that about them.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

So does NF stand for not funny?

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Yloh View Post
    So does NF stand for not funny?
    No- it stands for New Funny- NF's are putting the system on trial and are light years ahead of other comedians and humor- the rest of the world is having to catch up with us.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    No- it stands for New Funny- NF's are putting the system on trial and are light years ahead of other comedians and humor- the rest of the world is having to catch up with us.
    Yes! Finally! Well said. *high five*