User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Gaius I strongly disagree.

I make a lot of jokes, and I mean a lot. The thing though is that I don't purposely make jokes to make people laugh, infact I can argue that I'm not actually trying to make jokes at all, but what I say may come out like that. Anyway, I make people laugh all the time, and people tell me how funny I am all the time. It happens to be that I'm able to find something funny in every conversation I have with someone/people, even when having a serious conversation. I don't do it on purpose, something funny just pops up in my mind while I'm talking to someone and I say it, and we both laugh. Then again what is funny to you is not funny to everyone. I never seem to find comedians funny at all. I've watched countless comedic shows and till this day I can't find one that makes me giggle, so "being funny" is subjective.

Being funny/making jokes in my opinion has nothing to do with type, but rather with character.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Soujiro View Post

I make a lot of jokes, and I mean a lot. The thing though is that I don't purposely make jokes to make people laugh, infact I can argue that I'm not actually trying to make jokes at all, but what I say may come out like that. Anyway, I make people laugh all the time, and people tell me how funny I am all the time. It happens to be that I'm able to find something funny in every conversation I have with someone/people, even when having a serious conversation. I don't do it on purpose, something funny just pops up in my mind while I'm talking to someone and I say it, and we both laugh. Then again what is funny to you is not funny to everyone. I never seem to find comedians funny at all. I've watched countless comedic shows and till this day I can't find one that makes me giggle, so "being funny" is subjective.

Being funny/making jokes in my opinion has nothing to do with type, but rather with character.
    ^is this supposed to be an example of INF humour? :rolli:
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    ^is this supposed to be an example of INF humour?
    No, I wasn't trying to make anyone laugh. I simply just gave my opinion on the OP, or did you think it was funny?

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Is it that NFs aren't funny, or that NFs aren't funny to NTs?
    Yeah this is what I'm thinking.

It would depend on what you find funny and if it's humor is type related then SPs would find other SPs funny, same thing with SJs then more broadly sensors. NPs would find NPs funny, same thing with NJs, and more broadly intuitives. And then some things are just funny regardless of type.

I think humor is tied to having the same/similar perception functions. Me, I just don't find puns funny. I know its clever and all but I feel like I have to force a laugh out. But then I have a pretty puerile sense of humor anyway, I talk about lemonade and strawberry sauce.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^I'm just playing with ya mate.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Soujiro View Post
    I found this part slightly funny, only because the rest of the post was serious.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

NFs strike me funny, but I don't consider myself funny. One ENFJ comes to mind that strikes me hilarious on a regular basis on this site. Sometimes I strike myself funny, but I don't expect anyone else to think it is funny. I'm inclined to say that extroversion is a factor in humor because it places the person more in touch with others, but I wouldn't hold to that.

If you want to make an MBTI generalization you could probably say that NF humor is more personal than humor used to dominate socially and play with ideas externally. You would be less likely to see it in impersonal formats. I think it could be difficult for an NF to be standup comic who has to get past being booed off the stage and such. A lot of humor in our society is based on being thick-skinned. It's a way to demonstrate apathy or dominance.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

It seems that NFs usually 'pour cold water' on good humour by trying to make it funnier.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    I don't know OP, I'm always tagged as 'the one who makes you laugh' in those facebook things. I've even been told I should be a stand-up comedian at one point. Not boosting my own comedic ego though, because at other times I can be very unfunny, mostly because I do stupid/weird inside jokes no one else really cares about. Except my ENFP friend of course...
    lol, same here. People have told me to do standup comedy as well. I can make people laugh but I'm necessarily a stand up comedian. I don't plan out jokes and go up in front of a stage to say them, I say things funny in accordance to the topic/conversation at hand or something I see and want to show someone. Or while talking about something I can make an analogy to something else and in the end turn that into something funny. If that makes sense.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I found this part slightly funny, only because the rest of the post was serious.
    It made me laugh out loud. I was watching BSG last night though.

I find my INFP friends (and random posts on here) hilarious. Usually they make me laugh more than NTs. NTs often feel like they are trying too hard.